• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Discussion That is to say, you are not god.

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Michael Collum, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    So, being a Berean is considered carnally minded?
    Making questionable conclusions by misusing scriptures to fit an agenda should be challenged. And no one should be surprised by objections to such behavior.

2. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Philippians 2:3-4
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

3. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Right. It doesn't make any sense.
    The Apostle was indeed speaking of himself, despite what we are being fed here.

4. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I quote James.

5. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    It is those who have repented and given a new nature, born again of the Spirit to live their life in the Spirit that will be saved. There will be many who believe as you do and Jesus will say, I never knew you, you workers of wickedness. So good luck with that. Can't say I didn't warn you

6. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    That is what you do, not I. It is you who claim Romans 7 is Paul as a Christian.

7. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I have. What do you think a new creature is, but one who has a born again nature that doesn't sin. That is the last time I'm going to tell you. You can say it is unbiblical, and live like the devil in your old nature.

8. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Look who's talking. LOL

9. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Not at all, seekers find. But you are selling greasy grace and totally believe it is scriptural, but Jude calls it turning the grace of God into licentiousness. It is false teaching that Hitler used to kill the Jews!

Again, good luck with that.

10. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    But James does not say that salvation is by works.
    James is saying that works is the evidence of faith. (the result, not the cause)

What I posted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So you openly admit to promoting salvation by works? (self-effort requirement)

What I posted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    From post #21
    Salvation by works. (false gospel)

11. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are condemning me according to a doctrine that your can't even support biblically.
    Heaven will be a lonely place. Just you and Jesus. (what's wrong with this picture?)

12. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Still no biblical support. Only your flawed opinion.

What I posted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's fine reasoning, but you have failed to support your case biblically.

What I posted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The claim of a "new" nature that replaces the old nature (the flesh) is unbiblical, unless you can support the idea with scripture. Something that uses the term "new nature".

13. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's not a denial.

What I posted
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How can one know where they are going when they are over-driving their headlights with a dirty windshield? I'm trying to pull you out of the ditch. (or help you avoid it)

It occurred to me this week why we get talked down to. You don't believe that how you treat others is a violation of law. (only a personal transgression against a person who isn't God, therefore of no concern)

14. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Wow. Now you compare me with Hitler. ??? You are too much. - lol

You have still failed to provide biblical support. (five posts later)

15. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I agree. It is the Spirit that does the work.

16. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    "Few there are that find it."

17. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    You are following the Reformationists, just as Hitler did.

18. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    So the alternative to Protestantism is no biblical support? - lol

What I posted
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wow. Now you compare me with Hitler. ??? You are too much. - lol

You have still failed to provide biblical support. (five posts later)

19. 1stcenturylady

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    You are twisting my words and I'm just not up to the abuse today. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow I can be your punching bag. But in reality, I think I will keep my promise and just wipe the dust off my feet. We are not on the same page at all. In fact, I don't recognize your page. BTW, are all the others in the conversation in line with your thinking? I haven't read much of the conversation. If it is, I will just bow out.

20. Saint Steven

+9,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm on page four. Not sure what page you are on. - lol