West Virginia
✟15,265.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know this really isn't relevant... but for some reason... I feel an urge in my spirit to call forth unity between many brethren.

I am Pentecostal, I do not plan on converting to any other denomination other than maybe just saying I am a Christian with a Charismatic touch.

While I was in college from January 2006-December 2006, I attended both a non-denominational congregation and Christ the King parish in Dunbar, WV.

It was through that period of time at the Catholic parish that I felt a sense of urgency to become closer to God.

We all have the same destination, just different doctrines. However, if it wasn't for the Catholic church, we may not have had organized religion.

So I would just like to extend my hand in thanks to applaud the Catholic churches for their many accomplishments... I hope we may all see the unity which we long for, non-denominationally.

God bless,
~ Brian S.

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Unity is not always easy. But the Cross was not easy for Christ. We will often speak ill to each other. We are human. But such things should not discourage from unity, rather make our resolve stronger.

It is a difficult road to unity, but Christ as our example shows us that a difficult road is often where God calls our feet upon this walk.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Unity is not always easy. But the Cross was not easy for Christ. We will often speak ill to each other. We are human. But such things should not discourage from unity, rather make our resolve stronger.

It is a difficult road to unity, but Christ as our example shows us that a difficult road is often where God calls our feet upon this walk.
Very good ....
We forget that there were Pharisees , Saducees , Scribes ... a whole lot of folks who rejected Jesus

In the 5th chapter of Matthew Jesus states " don't be surprised if they get mad & persecute you ..."

Any time we do some thing good , holy , lovely ( Philippians 4.8 ) the devil stirs up some rejection , frustration , doubt , and fear to stop us ...

We can agree on John 3.16 God's Love , the apostles creed - the 100 words of faith , the work of the cross , the baptism of water and of spirit ( baptism confirmation) and many other things ...

We can agree to disagree on some things , forget what is behind , and go foreward arm in arm to do battle with our true enemy , the accuser of the brethren ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be nice to have unity if I wasn't just insulted and called lazyand in a cult because I am not catholic (another thread).
That is why I asked you to phone a priest. Some people are just mean. Especially on the internet.
Its a nice ideal, but there will never be unity.
A nice ideal Jesus had. :)

Do not let others cloud your view with their snarkiness under the guise of Christian concern.

All it is is pride.

Plain & simple.

Call a priest.

If you disagree or unwilling to take his advice or accept his answers, that's fine.

God leads us where He will.

It's up to us to accept or reject.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As usual, Michie, your posts make sense and are full of grace. Thank you.:thumbsup:
We can be a witness on this board, we need to watch how we state our beliefs.
You're welcome.

And amen sister.

May God guide you in your journey. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChangedHeart

WITNESS AS YOU ARE...
Jan 23, 2007
West Virginia
✟15,265.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You all are very welcome...

This is the unity which will be magnified in Heaven, but it will be even greater because then all eyes will have seen the same exact thing and believe the same way.

As for me... I'd rather be in unity with all my brothers and sisters, because my spiritual family is bigger than the physical one.

(Meaning more to spoil and more to love!) :D

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure we are! We are daily pressing onward and upward towards Christ...Maybe you call it a walk..shalom...Kim
Paul calls it a race. :)

In any case, it is going from one destination to another.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.