Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Couldn't think of a better place to put this one, really.

This year, all things considered, even with money tight and getting tighter? I'm thankful for:

--the fact I've not given in to the urge to blast my NE leftist family with facts to shatter their mainstream media fueled dream world
--having a job that I can support myself with and live by myself with, still
--being able to cut back enough on my spending to make a difference
--having a hobby that gives me peace and Zen time (my miniatures painting)
--my health and relative sanity in a world going crazier by the day, it would seem

Works for me! Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

NinjaPirate777

Nov 11, 2022
Omaha
✟10,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Good thread. I have much to be thankful for this year too. A series of exciting drama filled events drastically changed my circumstances. I have many supportive friends, a new home and a more positive outlook on life.

I've mostly given up on trying to change other peoples opinions on things. In hindsight it has taken me experience to learn lessons. I think the same is true for others. They have to play the cards they are dealt until they go bust, at which point they become teachable for God to enter their lives.

Upvote 0

Christopher Pineau

Just A Nerdy Guy Trying To Get Right
Apr 17, 2022
Dallas
✟14,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
@Brother-Mike I may just have to do that at some point. Got to upload some phone photos to my desktop to that end...
@NinjaPirate777 Same here. Most people will only learn when smacked in the face with reality and experience, unfortunately. I just go about my business and do my own thing, and let the chips fall as they may in that realm. Laissez-faire, maybe? No, just realizing that most people don't like being "preached at" and picking your battles is the way to go about doing things.

Upvote 0