Edmonton,AB
✟9,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone! :wave:I hope you all are having a wonderful day/night, wherever you are in the world. It is currently 6:45 am for me MST while I write this. I am awake pretty early but I do not find that to be a bad thing, I did have a good sleep after all. In fact I am glad I am up early so that I can make this post! I titled this "Thankful I am no longer straying away from my Faith" because, I am very thankful I am no longer straying away. I am eternally grateful that anyone in this world that does put their Faith into God & The Son of God himself- Jesus Christ, has the opportunity to build a relationship with both of them. We are honored to have such a loving God- who has the authority to not only forgive our sins, but love us and embrace us as we are. As well as give us the opportunity to grow as a person through the challenges we face, but also grant us opportunities/blessings that come into our lives each and everyday.

I know for myself I have always believed in God from a very young age. My love for him has always been there. However, in life there has been many times my Faith has been tested. (As well as many others.) I am guilty for being angry with God in the past, so much so that I convinced myself that I no longer believed. I regret this and it pains me heavily, because I know in my heart and soul, that is always there. He was there for my family and my friends. He is there for anyone who calls upon him. He loves us all unconditionally.

This past Sunday (March 1, 2020) I went to a new Church for the first time in a little over a year. I am happy to say that it was an amazing experience. I even ended up joining a bible study/discussion group the same day that is held after the service! It is course guided and is called: "Exploring Christianity" I connected and met very lovely people too. The anxiety I had initially when I was on my way there, were gone as soon as I stepped through that door. To be honest, I discovered this Church existed for the first time when I took a different bus route. I was coming home after going to the gym last Friday. Coincidence? I do not think so. I know in my heart that, this was God answering my prayers for forgiveness & my longing to mend the relationship I have with him. If any of you are struggling with your Faith, know that you are in my prayers. Also I want you to know- that it takes time. You go at your own pace. Just know that when you are ready, that Jesus is there waiting for you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are very happy you are back too :) Welcome to the forums! Hope you like the Deeper Fellowship area.

I also wish you well with the new church. Sounds like a great start to join the bible study and discussion group too.

• Friendly
Reactions: f1ndingfaith
Upvote 0