Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to post to share that I am so thankful for some amazing changes that God has been bringing about in my life.

I was born and raised in a denomination that teaches a lot of things that are not Biblical (very works-based & legalistic). I do want to note-there were some fantastic people within that organization; however, there were so many rules pushed onto people that it became overbearing and stressful to just go to church.

Long story short, my wife and I moved across the country for work and it offered us a perfect opportunity to dig into the Word of God for ourselves and attend some different churches. By doing this, we found a church that was an absolutely perfect fit for us. Ever since, we have been experiencing a freedom like we have never known! The more we read the Word, the more we see the error in what we were taught. But also, the more we read the Word, the more we see the Love, Grace, and Mercy of God.

This transition was a little more tough than anticipated, as I was a minister in the organization that I left. So, unfortunately many people likely believe that I have "lost my way" and "Backslid". Surprisingly, this does not bother me. I am not bitter toward the organization that we left; I'm just so glad that the Holy Spirit has revealed to us the Truth and that we are living in the fullness of what God has for us.

Here's to the future and everything that God has in store for us!

John 8:32 "...Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (NIV)

PS- I appreciate this community so much and all of the support and encouragement that happens here! Blessings!