Thank you

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Over the last few months my fiance and I have both been drawn to observing the Sabbath day, Saturday, and I wish to thank everyone in here, and especially those in the thread in GT, called, 'What day of the week is the Sabbath?', for the wonderful teaching you've given, from the evidence of scripture and the early church and not just from personal opinion.

My fiance and I live in separate countries, he's an American living in the Midwest and I'm Australian, and we've been discussing the ways we can keep Sabbath when we finally marry (this year sometime) and I immigrate there. Though I would like to attend an SDA church, there is none within quite a distance of where he lives. So, we'll still go to church Sundays.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope I'm not the only one that you've been able to convince, and teach the importance of keeping ALL of God's commandments.

Tavs

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tavita said:
Over the last few months my fiance and I have both been drawn to observing the Sabbath day, Saturday, and I wish to thank everyone in here, and especially those in the thread in GT, called, 'What day of the week is the Sabbath?', for the wonderful teaching you've given, from the evidence of scripture and the early church and not just from personal opinion.

My fiance and I live in separate countries, he's an American living in the Midwest and I'm Australian, and we've been discussing the ways we can keep Sabbath when we finally marry (this year sometime) and I immigrate there. Though I would like to attend an SDA church, there is none within quite a distance of where he lives. So, we'll still go to church Sundays.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope I'm not the only one that you've been able to convince, and teach the importance of keeping ALL of God's commandments.

Tavs

I'm sure I can speak for every other Sabbath keeper when I say that it is very encouraging to hear this from you.

A lot of people in GT verbally attack us for what we believe in this regard. So it is good to know that our response to them has not been in vain. It may not have reached their hearts, but at least it has reached yours, and perhaps others as well.

You are blessed by God for being able to see this. For, our posts only played a minor role in helping you to see the truth about the Sabbath; but it was God who brought it home for you.

Indeed, for someone with a heart like yours, so apt
to hear the voice of Truth, it is evident that you are very close to Christ.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless you Tavita :)

GT is a good place to learn about a great number of topics, though at times it gets heated.

By the way, I am making a new thread in the traditional section that will act as a place to store the various wrte-ups I have done on Sabbath related topics. Feel free to check it out!

It is still in progress, and I hope to add things as I go along.

http://www.christianforums.com/t3026324-sabbath.html

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tavita said:

Tavs

We appreciate your kind words so much, Tavita! GT can be a hostile place sometimes (for everyone, not just us), but it's nice to know that something good can come of it. I have learned so much since I joined Christian Forums, and in spite of all of the disagreements, it has really strengthened my faith since I have had to study so much both to defend my beliefs and to examine the truth of what others have posted.

God Bless,
Sophia :)

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
Tavita said:

Tavs

That is certainly great news and we all pray that you will have a great marriage and be able to continue to honour God on His Sabbath.

Happy Sabbath

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
woobadooba said:
I'm sure I can speak for every other Sabbath keeper when I say that it is very encouraging to hear this from you.

A lot of people in GT verbally attack us for what we believe in this regard. So it is good to know that our response to them has not been in vain. It may not have reached their hearts, but at least it has reached yours, and perhaps others as well.

You are blessed by God for being able to see this. For, our posts only played a minor role in helping you to see the truth about the Sabbath; but it was God who brought it home for you.

Indeed, for someone with a heart like yours, so apt
to hear the voice of Truth, it is evident that you are very close to Christ.
I agree! Sometimes, I hop on and join in occasionally. Tall, you, Cliff and the others do a great job at defending the truth. It also makes me happy to see that your efforts arn't going to waste :)

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Thank you everyone, for your well wishes with our marriage.

ttreg... he lives right in the middle of Illinois, and thanks for the link to the radio/tv. Only problem for me here is that our times are so different, we're fifteen hours ahead of Illinois. When I get to the States I'll check it out on Sabbath Day.

Tall73... thanks for putting all your main posts on Sabbath in one area, it's so much easier.

I guess you all know mystery4? We started writing through CF early last year then lost touch for a little while but now we're going to meet up. I live roughly an hour and a half from the bible college she attends at Avondale, So, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to attend an SDA meeting with her... and finally meet her!

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
Tavita said:
Thank you everyone, for your well wishes with our marriage.

ttreg... he lives right in the middle of Illinois, and thanks for the link to the radio/tv. Only problem for me here is that our times are so different, we're fifteen hours ahead of Illinois. When I get to the States I'll check it out on Sabbath Day.

Tall73... thanks for putting all your main posts on Sabbath in one area, it's so much easier.

I guess you all know mystery4? We started writing through CF early last year then lost touch for a little while but now we're going to meet up. I live roughly an hour and a half from the bible college she attends at Avondale, So, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to attend an SDA meeting with her... and finally meet her!

Wow, great news for you. I grew up at Avondale and know the place fairly well although do not go there that often.

Upvote 0