Dec 20, 2012
✟92,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gotta Love It, Less Taxes And Government Control, More American Freedom And Prosperity.

One more conservative Supreme Court appointment, and possibly we can get the ship turned around and heading with the wind.

Troubles me that employees got bonuses?

Possibly we could have used that money more wisely, in distribution to the homeless drug addicts, or build animal care facilities with auto AC and color TV's, they deserve a bonus don't they?

Possibly fund a study on grasshopper migration in urban neighborhoods?

"Smiles" just kidding

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Just curious why you are thanking Trump when instead you should have been excoriating Apple for wanting to be an American company but not pay their fair share of the bill for this great country.

Huh.

You see these corporations have been holding the American worker and the economy hostage and the minute someone came along and gave them a sop they decided to release a few hostages.

What if the new lower tax rate isn't low enough in the future? We're making deals with folks who couldn't care less about you or your family. These CEO's like Tim Cook want to live in America 'cuz it's a pretty great place to live (especially if you're rich as God). But they don't mind if the roads YOU have to use or the bridges YOU have to cross suck or are crumbling.

So, yeah, good on Apple for doing the "right" thing for a change. We should probably give Charlie Manson a posthumous gold trophy for not having anyone killed since 1969.

Sheesh.

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Gotta Love It, Less Taxes And Government Control, More American Freedom And Prosperity.

Moar koolaid please!

Sorry but over the last 30+ years the wealth of folks like TIm Cook has increased dramatically while YOURS AND MY salaries remained relatively stagnant. The middle class salary has essentially plateaued over the last 30 years. Meanwhile the "prosperity" of which you speak you and I will NEVER see.

Possibly fund a study on grasshopper migration in urban neighborhoods?

"Smiles" just kidding

Yeah, public science is such a joke. No one, certainly not Apple ever got anything from a publicly funded science study! LOLOL!

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious why you are thanking Trump when instead you should have been excoriating Apple for wanting to be an American company but not pay their fair share of the bill for this great country.

Huh.

You see these corporations have been holding the American worker and the economy hostage and the minute someone came along and gave them a sop they decided to release a few hostages.

What if the new lower tax rate isn't low enough in the future? We're making deals with folks who couldn't care less about you or your family. These CEO's like Tim Cook want to live in America 'cuz it's a pretty great place to live (especially if you're rich as God). But they don't mind if the roads YOU have to use or the bridges YOU have to cross suck or are crumbling.

So, yeah, good on Apple for doing the "right" thing for a change. We should probably give Charlie Manson a posthumous gold trophy for not having anyone killed since 1969.

Sheesh.

It's un -- American to think these companies owe us anything.

Private companies should always be able to do what they want.

M-Bob

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Praise God!!!!
bliss.gif

Amen.

If God were involved I think TIm Cook et al would have done the "right" thing even without someone giving them money.

But then I am not a good Christian, so I keep forgetting how powerful the real God of America is (Mammon).

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's un -- American to think these companies owe us anything.

Private companies should always be able to do what they want.

M-Bob

LOLOL! These companies owe us EVERYTHING, M-Bob! They don't exist without us buying their stuff!

And they CERTAINLY don't exist without the workers.

Why do you think Apple uses Chinese labor? It's CHEEEEEP and we Americans don't have to care about how awful the working conditions could be for those "people' (they are human, right? Oh well, who cares?)

Sorry, without you and I Tim Cook is just another shlub.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Huh.

Sheesh.

Companies have a fiscal responsibility to share holders. If tax situations are better in other places, they are going to take full advantage of them.

That is; reality.

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Companies have a fiscal responsibility to share holders. If tax situations are better in other places, they are going to take full advantage of them.

That is; reality.

It is debatable (or so I've read) how legally binding the duty to shareholders is vs the overall workforce etc. But I agree "this is reality". But just because it happens doesn't mean it is "good".

That's the point. Sure Apple can play all sorts of tax games with Ireland etc. But in the end if we excuse this kind of behavior (shirking responsibility to the country that gave them birth and supports them) then we may as well say that heroin dealers are not to be held accountable because they are simply making a profit in the best way they know how.

Profit is not always good.

ETA: And if we excuse them by saying they had no "choice" because they were duty bound to maximize profits for the shareholders, why wouldn't they just start using slave labor and killing children if it shaved a few pennies off the OPEX?

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOLOL! These companies owe us EVERYTHING, M-Bob! They don't exist without us buying their stuff!

And they CERTAINLY don't exist without the workers.

Why do you think Apple uses Chinese labor? It's CHEEEEEP and we Americans don't have to care about how awful the working conditions could be for those "people' (they are human, right? Oh well, who cares?)

Sorry, without you and I Tim Cook is just another shlub.

I was the owner of a bicycle shop and I assure you -- I owe you nothing.

You remind me of Obama when he said you did not build that business.

Ridiculous.

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is debatable (or so I've read) how legally binding the duty to shareholders is vs the overall workforce etc. But I agree "this is reality". But just because it happens doesn't mean it is "good".

That's the point. Sure Apple can play all sorts of tax games with Ireland etc. But in the end if we excuse this kind of behavior (shirking responsibility to the country that gave them birth and supports them) then we may as well say that heroin dealers are not to be held accountable because they are simply making a profit in the best way they know how.

Profit is not always good.

ETA: And if we excuse them by saying they had no "choice" because they were duty bound to maximize profits for the shareholders, why wouldn't they just start using slave labor and killing children if it shaved a few pennies off the OPEX?

Profit is the ultimate goal of companies. And, if they have good products or services, it should help their profits. If moving money around the world to save tax dollars helps their investors and shareholders, they are going to do and I don't blame them.

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was the owner of a bicycle shop and I assure you -- I owe you nothing.

I note the operant word there "was".

You remind me of Obama when he said you did not build that business.

Well, considering that you probably had the usual misunderstanding about it, let me help you!

If you "built" a bicycle shop you used ROADS and ELECTRICAL GRIDS which allowed you to establish a business. You had clean drinking water and safe food and drugs so you weren't constantly battling illness so you could concentrate on your business. You had healthy customers because of these things.

No, but I'm sure you built your bicycle business out in the middle of the vacuum of space without ANY mooring on planet earth let alone whatever country you were in at the time.

That's the point, M-Bob. YOU may have built it but you wouldn't have even been able to imagine building such a business without a society around you. That's what that phrase means.

Let's put it this way: I have a goodly number of PATENTS to my name, but there's no way I could have gotten those patents without a lot of support structure around me. SURE I came up with the ideas that got the patent and that's the person whose name is on the patent, but I needed the lab space my company provided for me, I needed the work of technicians to test the product, I needed the roads and electrical grid that I relied on to get into work and be able to do my work.

Does that make sense to you? Can you understand that point even in the abstract?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I note the operant word there "was".

Why? Maybe he retired. Maybe he passed it on to one of his sons to run. He still owes you nothing.

Well, considering that you probably had the usual misunderstanding about it, let me help you!

If you "built" a bicycle shop you used ROADS and ELECTRICAL GRIDS which allowed you to establish a business. You had clean drinking water and safe food and drugs so you weren't constantly battling illness so you could concentrate on your business. You had healthy customers because of these things.

What if he never opened that bicycle shop? Would you owe him something then?

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Profit is the ultimate goal of companies

So why don't they just use slave labor? My point being: there are obvious limits to all things. You and I have NEVER (thank God) lived in a pure laissez faire free market. It would be a living hellscape. The closest we could probably see in US history was the Gilded Age.

. And, if they have good products or services, it should help their profits. If moving money around the world to save tax dollars helps their investors and shareholders, they are going to do and I don't blame them.

So if I run a business and am able to cheat taxes illegally and thereby increase my profits and my shareholder value, am I also doing OK? Would you blame me?

In the case of Apple and the other "American" companies they aren't breaking any laws. But they are acting immorally.

There is little difference between the two. Just one is arbitrarily counted as "illegal", the other just "business as usual".

Tim Cook lives a good life in the USA. HIs company sells HUGE amounts of their products in the USA. Apple wouldn't even EXIST without the USA.

At some point you have to say just because you can AVOID paying for the goodness of the USA you probably SHOULDN'T.

It's bad investment. And it's short sighted. And it's immoral.

Upvote 0

Enfeoffment75

Dec 28, 2017
Seattle
✟18,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why? Maybe he retired. Maybe he passed it on to one of his sons to run. He still owes you nothing.

I was making a "joke" there. Unwind a bit. Take a breather.

What if he never opened that bicycle shop? Would you owe him something then?

*staff edit*

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0