Thank you to Michie for sharing so many articles!

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't reach your profile or send you a private message due to how you've limited your profile, so this was the only way I know of to reach you. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing so many articles! I'm not a Catholic and I don't know if I agree with most Catholic doctrines, but I do sometimes read the articles you share in this section of the forums because they often appear when I look for new threads as you post them very often. As a non-Catholic I probably wouldn't have known about them otherwise and for the most part I agree with the opinions of the writers of the articles. So thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! :)

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you so much! You are welcome to come here to read and fellowship anytime. :) You too @Rene Loup. :)
I couldn't reach your profile or send you a private message due to how you've limited your profile, so this was the only way I know of to reach you. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing so many articles! I'm not a Catholic and I don't know if I agree with most Catholic doctrines, but I do sometimes read the articles you share in this section of the forums because they often appear when I look for new threads as you post them very often. As a non-Catholic I probably wouldn't have known about them otherwise and for the most part I agree with the opinions of the writers of the articles. So thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! :)

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will add to this thank you thread. I have learned a lot here reading the articles and posts in here. I find the articles informative and balanced.

Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello
I always check the new threads on the main board, and I would say that if I didn't see Michie's name on there at least once a day, I would send a search party out......:wave:

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol!
Hello
I always check the new threads on the main board, and I would say that if I didn't see Michie's name on there at least once a day, I would send a search party out......:wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Michie.
Now that doesn't mean I am yet ready to cross back over the Tiber to Catholicism......at least not yet......:groupray:

The thread below was actually a very good thread and article, tho the thread itself didn't garner much interest.
[I like to look back at older threads once in awhile]

6 Theologians Cross the Tiber
Aug 22, 2006

Going Catholic: Six journeys to Rome
Going Catholic Six journeys to Rome by Jason Byassee August 22, 2006

When I ran into a friend from divinity school recently, we asked each other the normal catch-up questions. Then, in the same casual tone, she said, "So are you going to become Catholic?"

It's not that odd a question these days in theological circles.
Last year a string of theologians left their Protestant denominations for the church of Rome.
The list includes three Lutherans— Reinhard Hütter and Bruce Marshall, theologians at Methodist seminaries (Duke and Southern Methodist), and Mickey Mattox, a Luther scholar at Marquette; two Anglicans— Rusty Reno of Creighton and Douglas Farrow of McGill University; and a Mennonite— Gerald Schlabach of St. Thomas University............................

These converts have all been captivated by a catholic vision of the church—a vision they have come to believe is best realized in the Catholic Church. Braaten worries that "the very persons who ought to be troubled by this phenomenon will say to themselves (perhaps not out loud), 'good riddance, we won't be bothered by those dissenting voices anymore. We wish more of their ilk will leave.'"
A more widespread response might be that genuine catholicity is best promoted by the approach that Hauerwas describes, in which one refuses to despair over the church of one's baptism, believing that the Spirit can always renew the church. Still others might argue that a more influential and long-term movement in the church catholic is the trend of people leaving the Catholic Church because it will not ordain women or allow priests to marry.

Nevertheless, for those in mainline churches these converts raise in a pointed way the question of what it means to be evangelical, catholic and orthodox.
How did I miss this publication? Interesting post. Thanks. Off to read more...
Always good to hear about God helping us with Christian and world unity in the Catholic Church :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0