THANK YOU, AMERICA!!

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, America. I still love you, have always, and will ever do. You hold a special place in my heart. It’s true. For it is where I met My Lord. Thank you really. I can’t help but cherish you.

Last edited:

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have to admit that when I read the thread title before clicking on it, I thought "Oh no...what did we do now...", because I am so used to sarcasm about America, both from Americans and non-Americans. Thank you for your kind and heartfelt words. They are a refreshing change of pace.

I don't know about every other American, but I have a great affection for India. The few Indians I have met have all been very kind and welcoming people, and I very much like some aspects of Indian culture (some of the music, some of the food, and of course the many, many languages!), and am humbled and feel great joy at being in communion with several million fellow Orthodox Christians in the Syriac Orthodox and Malankara Orthodox Syrian churches based in Kerala. I don't know that I could ever learn Malayalam, but I wish I could, because it's very beautiful in their ancient hymns and prayers. According to tradition, your country was blessed by the preaching of St. Thomas, the apostle of God, in 53 AD! If I were an Indian, I think I would be very proud of that, even if I personally met the Lord somewhere else. :)

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ok, America. I still love you, have always, and will. You hold a special place in my heart. It’s true. For it is where I met My Lord. Thank you, really. I can’t help but cherish you.
Years back when I attended a very multicultural church, there's one outstanding unifying belief. Jesus Christ.

There's one event that happened I'll never forget. Other than a Filipino woman I was the only other race at an after church party hosted by a black family. I was corned by their very young daughter into playing a game of patty cakes when she looked me straight in the eyes and asked, "are you black?". Given the adults who were present all around us and overheard her question, I noticed their response to this. If I had x-ray eyes I would almost swear that they were blushing.

Upvote 0