Texas Wants You To Help Monitor The Border!

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Texas government plans to install cameras where web surfers can call in on hotline when they see illegal crossing U.S.-Mexico border.:thumbsup:

Hey y'all. I was chatting on the internet on CF when in my second browser I saw Jose cross into Texas. Would y'all please go and round 'em up?

Thanks^_^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5040372.stm

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, Drudge was talking about this as you were posting. Texas actually has some pretty good intrusion laws, the rest of the border states would do well following the lead of Texas… or surpassing… definitely. Thing is, the government is going to be spending more money to watch us rather than watch what is coming over the borders :(

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mister Emu said:
This will work until illegals already inside realize they can continually send border patrolers on false errands...
Yeah, I wonder if that call-in hot line will be like bi-lingual...

Press 1 for Spanish
Press 2 for Chinese
Press 3 for Korean
Press 4 for Arabic
Press 5 for German
Press 6 for French
Press 7 for next menu of languages (Press 7 option repeated in 52 languages...english being last)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daywolf said:
Yeah, Drudge was talking about this as you were posting. Texas actually has some pretty good intrusion laws, the rest of the border states would do well following the lead of Texas… or surpassing… definitely. Thing is, the government is going to be spending more money to watch us rather than watch what is coming over the borders :(

Isn't that the truth. Our own government doesn't even trust its own citizens when the vast majority of us are peaceful and law abiding citizens. Disgusting! :sick:

Reactions: Daywolf
Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mister Emu said:
How dare you!

Prensa un para Espanol...
Heh what ever that means. Sorry, little OT [Warning: the following may be a bit OT] but I worked at a company that told me that if I wanted to move up into any department, I basically started in the shipping department waiting for an IT department opening, that I had to learn Espanol. It was in their handbook in fact! I speak IT, programming and desktop support (lots of college time) at a level that sounds 100% Greek to most, now what in the heck do I need to speak Spanish for? 2 years of spanish classes or quit :( yes quit :p [/ot]

Anyway, the camera thing is interesting, but not so great at night when most of the action happens when it’s harder to see. Adding in motion sensors or lasers to the camera may be a better solution, no idea how many they plan on putting up there though.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am totally not interested in this camera thing. Besides, if they want me to do it then they better be paying for me to get DSL or Cable Internet because I'm not about to sit and watch a camera and then disconnect from the Internet every time I see someone to call it in.

Upvote 0