MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It shows the danger of going with one's bias before checking the facts.

Indeed. If only more people would consider such things, maybe a less poisonous and entrenched debate could emerge.

The main part of the article is still true about the students being denied citizenship for not integrating into the culture, and expecting the Swiss to conform to their beliefs. Hopefully they will wise up and the deportations will happen before the Muslims take over.

I found most of the examples in the article a bit strange, to be honest.

5000 Euro fine for not shaking a teacher's hand? I'm all for politeness but not when enforced.

Having a "tendency to wear shabby clothing in the street and not greet passersby"? I'm not in favour of state mandated levels of acceptable dress, or social interactivity.

Would you support or oppose the above rules if introduced in the US?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Having a "tendency to wear shabby clothing in the street and not greet passersby"? I'm not in favour of state mandated levels of acceptable dress, or social interactivity.
Would you support or oppose the above rules if introduced in the US?

I wouldn't like the same things, but it isn't our culture. The Swiss have their own, and if I lived there, I would live like them, as much as possible.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't like the same things, but it isn't our culture. The Swiss have their own, and if I lived there, I would live like them, as much as possible.

You wouldn't have much of a choice, now would you?

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I look forward to your obviously imminent posts supporting the enforced neutrality of the US Government in religious matters, since you do live there, and have a wish to follow the rules as much as possible, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Upvote 0