Texas Pastor Tells Followers to Stock Supplies, Keep Guns Loaded Before Biden Inauguration

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with your assessment of history, but you cannot come up with the theology that the gifts can ONLY be imparted by apostles when by your own admission there are two instances where this not what happened.

Acts 10 shows this happening as Peter watched - he had no choice in the matter - it was spontaneous. You have also excluded the instance where Ananias lays hands on Saul. And the Holy Spirit falls on him (Saul). Ananias wasn't an Apostle (as in 'the twelve').

You have also excluded the numerous indications from the epistles that the Holy Spirit is the deciding factor, not apostles (and that is not to downplay the role of the apostle).

You seem to be very 'sola scriptura' but you reading your theology INTO the scriptures, not out of them.

Start at the beginning of Acts and you will read of how the Holy Spirit came upon all the disciples (120) and impacted thousands in Jerusalem).

You will read of the appointing of the seven who were 'full of the Holy Spirit' with no indication that this HAD to have happened via the apostles,

You will read of Phillip in Samaria - the only instance where the Holy Spirit was imparted by the apostles, but in the context they were referred to as disciples, rather than apostles.

You will read of the Holy Spirit being given to Saul by the Hands of Ananias who was a disciple.

You will read of Cornelius and his family where the Holy Spirit came while Peter watched (he was incredulous that it was happening).

You will read of how Paul asked the Ephesian believer if they had received the Holy Spirit when they believed (not when apostles laid hands on them).

And then you could go on to the numerous letters where again there is no indication that it is the only the ministrations of the apostles that is the cause of the miraculous.

You claim to use the whole Bible again and again, but again and again you cite exceptions to make your case. You are not using the whole Bible just the portions that support the theology you have determined outside of the Bible.
Are you saying there are more than 2 outpourings? If so, you are adding to scripture.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying there are more than 2 outpourings? If so, you are adding to scripture.

What do you mean by outpouring? If you are referring to the word then there are no cases in Acts, but if you are referring to the act, then there are clearly more than two cases in Acts (Pentecost, Samaria, Cornelius & Ephesus), not to mention the fact that the Holy Spirit was given to the Corinthians and Ephesians at the very least.

As you yet you have not explained how your theology can withstand the examples presented by your exceptions.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by outpouring? If you are referring to the word then there are no cases in Acts, but if you are referring to the act, then there are clearly more than two cases in Acts (Pentecost, Samaria, Cornelius & Ephesus), not to mention the fact that the Holy Spirit was given to the Corinthians and Ephesians at the very least.

As you yet you have not explained how your theology can withstand the examples presented by your exceptions.
There were 2 outpourings called the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. One at Pentecost on the twelve apostles. And one at Cornelius' house in Peter's presence. ALL other times, the gifts came through the Apostle's hands. But every believer had the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're espousing a particular theological view that is actually very difficult to back up. There clearly is a case for the gifts not ending with the apostles else we would not be discussing them. Equally you are showing circular reasoning: to be an apostle requires another apostle's hands. There are no apostles ergo there are no apostles!

As for the apostles' hands, you might consider 1 Corinthians 12 where it is the Spirit who imparts gifts, not the apostles!
I am very pro-spiritual gifts, but at the Lords discretion.
The problem I have with the presence of the Lord environment, is some can introduce heresy and false prophecy as if the environment validates the words.

So we have a pastor saying God has given a congregation the command to invade the Capitol.
Either they are speaking from the throne, which is a sin to disobey, or they are a false prophet.
There is no compromise with such a command. And this is where I have a problem with such message bringers. Gods word is full of real encouragement and direction not preached or shared, hearts are closed off to love and openness, but real aggression and violence, no problem claiming God is the source.

It is little wonder with the direct revelation group, who needs scripture or weighing up messages if God can speak directly to a congregation through the right channel...... Unfortunately what is neglected is the channel is often a compromised individual with little track record or a Godly life, so what comes out is not a reflection of Gods word alive in the heart but the world of grandeous grand standing and manipulation of the audience. So a stranger who speaks paranoid delusions Q must be true, even though everything they conclude is lies and defamation of innocents.

It is like the problem of mediums and spirits of the dead. Would anyone just take any random person in the street and ask them about the future and whats happening, hanging on their every word as if it is authoritative and right. Yet this is exactly what people do with medium and a spirit they are claimed to be speaking to through the medium. It is this statement and belief of authority on a par with God which is sinful behaviour.

Dealing with prophets who claim similar authority and power, should equally be dealt with when they claim the same right and respect due to them. When they are found false, disrespect is equally due, not repentance, but rejection and being cast out of the fellowship.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very pro-spiritual gifts, but at the Lords discretion.
The problem I have with the presence of the Lord environment, is some can introduce heresy and false prophecy as if the environment validates the words.

So we have a pastor saying God has given a congregation the command to invade the Capitol.
Either they are speaking from the throne, which is a sin to disobey, or they are a false prophet.
There is no compromise with such a command. And this is where I have a problem with such message bringers. Gods word is full of real encouragement and direction not preached or shared, hearts are closed off to love and openness, but real aggression and violence, no problem claiming God is the source.

It is little wonder with the direct revelation group, who needs scripture or weighing up messages if God can speak directly to a congregation through the right channel...... Unfortunately what is neglected is the channel is often a compromised individual with little track record or a Godly life, so what comes out is not a reflection of Gods word alive in the heart but the world of grandeous grand standing and manipulation of the audience. So a stranger who speaks paranoid delusions Q must be true, even though everything they conclude is lies and defamation of innocents.

It is like the problem of mediums and spirits of the dead. Would anyone just take any random person in the street and ask them about the future and whats happening, hanging on their every word as if it is authoritative and right. Yet this is exactly what people do with medium and a spirit they are claimed to be speaking to through the medium. It is this statement and belief of authority on a par with God which is sinful behaviour.

Dealing with prophets who claim similar authority and power, should equally be dealt with when they claim the same right and respect due to them. When they are found false, disrespect is equally due, not repentance, but rejection and being cast out of the fellowship.

God bless you
How can we expect people to believe Christis real when not one single miracle people say is for today cannot be found? With all the video on every phone? The prayer of faith heals some, but the gifts as displayed in Acts are nowhere to be found.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How can we expect people to believe Christis real when not one single miracle people say is for today cannot be found? With all the video on every phone? The prayer of faith heals some, but the gifts as displayed in Acts are nowhere to be found.

The problem with the projection of the gifts are like marvel comic characters being God like, is a delusion.
The miraculous is the exception to meet specific need in a specific situation.

What people demonstrate is the delusional and hoped for in daily setting, like the plague of people with legs of different lengths, or back pain that can be relieved. There are conditions or ideas that can be manipulated in such a way as to appear miraculous, but are just deception. God does heal but not for show.

The lesson of people is demonstrated by the 10 healed lepers. 1 returned. People go to a doctor to fix a problem and do not care how, just it is fixed. Somehow people have got the idea satan is stopping victorious believers by illness and problems that need to be miraculously overcome.

Rather when God dwells with His people who walk in love and openness in His will, then miracles occur as the need arises. But if you listen to preachers and sensation workers, they expect the reverse, the light show that leads to a deep walk with Jesus. What they deliver is a fake show with corruption and appeals for blessing through giving, buy blessing by giving our ministry money.

Unfortunately revivals like in the 1970's occur and people go off the deep end. The walk is everything, yet so few seem to know even the first steps of an open heart and repentant life, with a loving attitude to others. I do not look for miracles, I look for those who want to know God and His ways.

God bless you

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a bad thing? Are you expecting a civil war with massive unrest that will affect every community in the USA?

That is what would be called hysteria.
I see subtle and some not so subtle steps toward eventually trying to disarm America which will not end well. The direction that America is moving is only going to lead to further civil unrest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except for the miracles that do happen today, you mean.
Where? The prayer of faith healed before Pentecost as it does occasionally today. But you need to raise some Covid dead and then make your claims.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I see subtle and some not so subtle steps toward eventually trying to disarm America which will not end well. The direction that America is moving is only going to lead to further civil unrest.

Do you think the lack of boundaries and space to express ones community as one likes is part of the strength of the USA experiment?

I have noticed if you have a dream and can make it happen, the US is where it might work. In the UK only the best, the finished, the worked through, confirmed etc get the go ahead, which makes things slow and risk averse so much simply cannot get off the ground ever. But equally we have fewer swings and extremes, though it is somewhat more boring,

God bless you

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Where? The prayer of faith healed before Pentecost as it does occasionally today. But you need to raise some Covid dead and then make your claims.
Why, did the apostle heal the COVID dead - is there some part of Acts that says that COVID was around and Jesus or the apostles healed the people who suffered from it.

Now who is adding to the Bible?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why, did the apostle heal the COVID dead - is there some part of Acts that says that COVID was around and Jesus or the apostles healed the people who suffered from it.

Now who is adding to the Bible?
What I'm saying, they raised the dead. Why don't you if you have the gifts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What I'm saying, they raised the dead. Why don't you if you have the gifts?
Clearly they didn't raise all the dead else Paul would still be among us. And James and Stephen. Nor does the Bible say that the miraculous is confined to raising the dead. As the recipient of miraculous healing I kind of of resent the idea that miracles are what YOU say they are rather than what the Bible says they are.

If you've never been the recipient of a miracle that's your lookout. I don't worship a God who is limited to the past.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly they didn't raise all the dead else Paul would still be among us. And James and Stephen. Nor does the Bible say that the miraculous is confined to raising the dead. As the recipient of miraculous healing I kind of of resent the idea that miracles are what YOU say they are rather than what the Bible says they are.

If you've never been the recipient of a miracle that's your lookout. I don't worship a God who is limited to the past.
Are you saying Peter did not raise the dead?

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying Peter did not raise the dead?
You are just being ridiculous! I'm saying that the apostles did not raise everyone from the dead, else it would be a bigger thing in the book of Acts and history for that matter. If you read Acts and see the things that happened to the Apostles that you are using as examples you will see that they are not immune from injury or even death. The miraculous is not some get out of jail card that can be used any time you want, else the apostles would still be among us.

You still have failed to explain how you can legitimately exclude the work of the Holy Spirit from your theology. Now we have to add how it is you have excluded all of the healings, prophecies, casting out of demons and walking on water from your definition of miracles.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I had a church that preached Q crap, I'd re evaluate my faith.
Faith isn't the problem.

Deception is the problem. And that has always happened, as even the Bible indicates, and always will.

We need to know the Word better than the guy preaching it to us, and use discernment.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I already knew that from attending my ex-wife's small congregation. So. Much. Wrong. The pastor even argued with me about something that is clearly written in the Bible and doesn't change when looking at it in different translations. Had to do with Jacob and how long he worked for his two wives.

This is why I stick to mainline churches.
The wolves are everywhere. They don't stick to certain traditions.

Upvote 0