Texas Pastor Tells Followers to Stock Supplies, Keep Guns Loaded Before Biden Inauguration

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You act as though I have never read the verses before. I read them before I ever owned a handgun. I still own a handgun. I simply disagree with you.

If someone busts into my home and tries to harm them in any way or when I get married to my girlfriend and someone tries to harm her, I will not just stand there and watch them do it. Praying that they stop will not work. I am going to kill them. I will give them one chance to stop, and if they don't, they are dead.

God expects us to protect those who put us in charge over, not stand idly by and watch them be harmed or killed by someone breaking into their home.

I will always disagree with your premise, always!

There is a huge difference---HUGE---between protecting your home from someone who has broken in and trying to do damage---AS IN THOSE WHO BROKE INTO THE CAPITOL TO HARM AND TO KILL THOSE INSIDE. And sitting at home, or place of work, minding your own business AS THOSE AT THE CVAPITOL WERE DOING, and someone busts into your house. You have the right to protect your home---you do not have the right to go outside your home with a gun or other weapon, and hurt or kill others. There has been no call to war BY ANYONE who has the power to do so, in this country except in the mind of a bunch of ignorant people who think they have the right to inflict one on others. This is a free country---we had a free election and the 6-7 million who voted against Trump have made their decision known. It is up to the nation to accept, as they have always done so, the vote of the people as to who leads this country. Those who wish to hurt and kill others have no place in society. This country is lead by the will of the people, not by the will of a few ignorant people who believe a false Messiah. If they wish to set up their own country, they can take this false Messiah and go to some other country---since they obviously do not wish to abide by the rules of this country.
To incite others to go against the law here and cause hurt and death to others is completely against not only the law of this country, but against the law of any civilized country, and those who do so-=--be they a citizen of it, or not, be they a government agent, or a pastor or any leader of any group, or even a petulant President that doesn't like the blow to his ego, should be dealt with swiftly by the laws of this land.
NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HURT OR KILL ANYONE ELSE, WHO HAS NOT BROKEN INTO THEIR HOME, NOT BY THE LAWS OF THE LAND AND MOST DEFINATELY NOT BY THE LAW OF GOD!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes they do. The Charismatic Movement transcends denominations and so there are tongues and prophecies in the Anglican Church and Catholic Church (it would surprise me if the Orthodox is not affected too). Of course speaking in tongues and prophesying still have to be tested (1 Co 14) and the bad ones neglect that.
But the gifts ended with the apostles who administered them. Besides the two outpourings of the Spirit, you cannot find one instance where the gifts came, other than through an apostle's hands. Try to find it, it's not there.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
But the gifts ended with the apostles who administered them. Besides the two outpourings of the Spirit, you cannot find one instance where the gifts came, other than through an apostle's hands. Try to find it, it's not there.
You're espousing a particular theological view that is actually very difficult to back up. There clearly is a case for the gifts not ending with the apostles else we would not be discussing them. Equally you are showing circular reasoning: to be an apostle requires another apostle's hands. There are no apostles ergo there are no apostles!

As for the apostles' hands, you might consider 1 Corinthians 12 where it is the Spirit who imparts gifts, not the apostles!

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're espousing a particular theological view that is actually very difficult to back up. There clearly is a case for the gifts not ending with the apostles else we would not be discussing them. Equally you are showing circular reasoning: to be an apostle requires another apostle's hands. There are no apostles ergo there are no apostles!

As for the apostles' hands, you might consider 1 Corinthians 12 where it is the Spirit who imparts gifts, not the apostles!
Try to find one example beside the 2 outpourings where the gifts came apart from the apostle's hands. It's not there.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pentecost - Acts 2
That's what I'm talking about. Only the Apostles doled out the gifts beyond the 2 outpourings.
“God also bearing them [the apostles] witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?” Hebrews 2:4 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
That's what I'm talking about. Only the Apostles doled out the gifts beyond the 2 outpourings.
“God also bearing them [the apostles] witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?” Hebrews 2:4 (KJV 1900)
Do you not see your word 'beyond' as a point of contention. Surely we could say that the Holy Spirit has disappeared from the lives of believers completely... beyond those instances where he hasn't!

You have to apply the whole of scripture not just the bits that support your theology, and when you do you find you have added a whole way of thinking to the Bible and tried to justify it by ignoring the bits that say otherwise ('beyond').

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you not see your word 'beyond' as a point of contention. Surely we could say that the Holy Spirit has disappeared from the lives of believers completely... beyond those instances where he hasn't!

You have to apply the whole of scripture not just the bits that support your theology, and when you do you find you have added a whole way of thinking to the Bible and tried to justify it by ignoring the bits that say otherwise ('beyond').
Where are the gifts today with all the video phones and media coverage? They ceased with the apostles. Acts proves this if you look for another means of distribution.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"A Texas pastor has told his congregation they have an "executive order" from God to keep Donald Trump in office and advised them to keep their guns loaded ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration."

Texas Pastor Tells Followers to Stock Supplies, Keep Guns Loaded Before Biden Inauguration

Burden told church members to carry out the order, saying:
"Take down the walls of Jericho. The Lord says your Jericho is Washington, D.C. That's your fortified city."

The above quote is from the article. Articles can be wrong and out of context, but reading this sentence this is a call to an armed coup. A news source confirmed the statement.

Jericho there were 2 million people of Israel walking round a city of 10,000. The defence was the walls, which fell down when the trumpets sounded.

So a church of 200 will walk round the Capitol with 2,000 soldiers defending it, and they will take it on.
To start with they will be stopped getting near the Capitol, be arrested with intent of insurrection.
Secondly "your Jericho" not "our Jericho". I am sure the pastor will be cheering from Texas, because he is just the messenger.

In the reformation a prophet believed by Gods revelation he would win, Munster Rebellion

The city was then besieged by Franz von Waldeck, its expelled bishop. In April 1534 on Easter Sunday, Matthys, who had prophesied God's judgment to come on the wicked on that day, made a sally forth with only twelve followers, believing that he was a second Gideon, and was cut off with his entire band. He was killed, his head severed and placed on a pole for all in the city to see, and his genitals nailed to the city gate.
Münster rebellion - Wikipedia

False prophesy of victory against an enemy is as old as the bible, and they always end up dead.
People get so used to lying they cannot tell when they have gone too far, because they left that station a long long time ago. Mental illness or delusions of grandeur fit this situation, and this particular pastor should be removed from office and told to take up a position more practical than verbal.

God bless you

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was at the White House today conferring with Trump about how best to institute martial law in the next few days.... Because all truly Great presidents, when the going gets tough, consult with the best pillow makers...
Very sad. Yes I was aware of this. What is going on now in my opinion is not of God. I don't claim to speak for God, of course, and I'm no prophet but it is my belief that had God wanted Trump in for a second term he would have been able to override any election fraud that went on (and I'm not convinced there was widespread fraud) and Trump would have prevailed outright. I just don't believe that what is happening now looks like the fingerprint of God to me, as a matter of fact it is harming the Church, never mind the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Where are the gifts today with all the video phones and media coverage?

I'm not sure that this is a particularly good criteria for assessment. After all it means that you can rule out any reference in the book of Acts because there were no video phones and media coverage. Nor was their either in my youth when I first became a Christian and yet gifts were prevalent in the churches I attended. In fact you can find examples if you search for them, but they do require an open and enquiring mind and the willingness to trawl through all the dross and false gifts.

And even if you could find none, that still wouldn't be evidence of anything at all.

They ceased with the apostles.
Clearly they didn't. One only needs to read the longer ending of Mark, written after the apostolic age ended where it lists numerous miraculous gifts to show that the early Christians clearly didn't think the gifts had ceased.

Acts proves this if you look for another means of distribution.

On the contrary, even your own admission ('apart from', 'beyond') it shows different means of transmission. Even more interesting is that if you examine the different acts presented there is no expectation of apostolic transmission. Acts 19, Paul asks the Ephesian disciples if they received the Holy Spirit when they believed (not when the apostles laid hands on them).

The ending of Acts does not indicate an end to anything except the book itself.

Further, the letter Paul wrote, as already pointed out, point to a Holy Spirit importation of the gifts, not the apostles (at least not always) and in James it is the elders who provide anointing for healing. Even your reference to Hebrews actually says in modern English: God confirmed (the ones who heard the Lord Jesus) their witness with signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. (NET).

You are making an argument not based on observation, history or exegesis, but a theology that requires you to read into the text your theology at the expense of anything that would disagree (and there is a lot of disagreement).

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that this is a particularly good criteria for assessment. After all it means that you can rule out any reference in the book of Acts because there were no video phones and media coverage. Nor was their either in my youth when I first became a Christian and yet gifts were prevalent in the churches I attended. In fact you can find examples if you search for them, but they do require an open and enquiring mind and the willingness to trawl through all the dross and false gifts.

And even if you could find none, that still wouldn't be evidence of anything at all.

Clearly they didn't. One only needs to read the longer ending of Mark, written after the apostolic age ended where it lists numerous miraculous gifts to show that the early Christians clearly didn't think the gifts had ceased.

On the contrary, even your own admission ('apart from', 'beyond') it shows different means of transmission. Even more interesting is that if you examine the different acts presented there is no expectation of apostolic transmission. Acts 19, Paul asks the Ephesian disciples if they received the Holy Spirit when they believed (not when the apostles laid hands on them).

The ending of Acts does not indicate an end to anything except the book itself.

Further, the letter Paul wrote, as already pointed out, point to a Holy Spirit importation of the gifts, not the apostles (at least not always) and in James it is the elders who provide anointing for healing. Even your reference to Hebrews actually says in modern English: God confirmed (the ones who heard the Lord Jesus) their witness with signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. (NET).

You are making an argument not based on observation, history or exegesis, but a theology that requires you to read into the text your theology at the expense of anything that would disagree (and there is a lot of disagreement).
If what you say is true, you should be able to find the gifts as a stand-alone in Acts without the apostles administering them. It's not there. just as the miracles, other than the prayer of faith, are not here.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If what you say is true, you should be able to find the gifts as a stand-alone in Acts without the apostles administering them. It's not there. just as the miracles, other than the prayer of faith, are not here.

End times will bring many false prophets---and if there are false prophets, and we are warned to not believe them, then there are true prophets. We are told to test all the spirits, not just blindly follow anyone who says he has informatiopn given to them by God.God hold false prophets in very low esteem, He had them stoned. Not that we should do that today. We must work with the law of the land. But anyone who says he is a messenger of God, and is not, is then of Satan for you are either for Him or against Him. But there have been many false prophets throughout the years and people kept following them even thopugh their so called prophecies have always failed. Scripture says they are wolves in sheeps clothing.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat_24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mar_13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Luk_6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
We are going around in circles: Acts 2 shows the disciples receiving the Holy Spirit and and no apostolic impartation, rather it is an apostolic reception. Additionally you have Paul's own words about the Ephesians receiving the Holy Spirit WHEN they believed (not when the apostle's laid hands on them).

You are also putting an extra burden on the Acts to show actions of those who are not apostles... but the book is not about those who are not apostles so it is not going to show such a thing. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, particularly when one takes into account the other writings such as Romans, 1 Corinthians, Ephesians, Hebrews & James.

There is nowhere, anywhere any teaching that ONLY apostles can impart the Holy Spirit and none that ONLY apostles can use or impart gifts. Indeed the latter is totally unbiblical according to the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are going around in circles: Acts 2 shows the disciples receiving the Holy Spirit and and no apostolic impartation, rather it is an apostolic reception. Additionally you have Paul's own words about the Ephesians receiving the Holy Spirit WHEN they believed (not when the apostle's laid hands on them).

You are also putting an extra burden on the Acts to show actions of those who are not apostles... but the book is not about those who are not apostles so it is not going to show such a thing. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, particularly when one takes into account the other writings such as Romans, 1 Corinthians, Ephesians, Hebrews & James.

There is nowhere, anywhere any teaching that ONLY apostles can impart the Holy Spirit and none that ONLY apostles can use or impart gifts. Indeed the latter is totally unbiblical according to the scriptures.
I said, besides the 2 outpourings, only the apostles imparted the gifts of the Holy Spirit in Acts. Try to prove this wrong. Paul needed to go to Rome to impart some gifts. They were not available in any other way. They confirmed the apostle's authority just as miracles confirmed Moses and the prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I said, besides the 2 outpourings, only the apostles imparted the gifts of the Holy Spirit in Acts. Try to prove this wrong. Paul needed to go to Rome to impart some gifts. They were not available in any other way. They confirmed the apostle's authority just as miracles confirmed Moses and the prophets.
'Besides', 'apart from', 'beyond'. You still haven't explained why these instances are being excluded from your theology. Your reasoning can be used to make any theology you want: Jesus never performed any miracles in the gospels 'apart from' the times that he did. You can's show me anywhere in the gospels where he did perform any miracles, therefore he didn't perform any miracles!

Your logic is incredibly faulty and therefore your theology is deficient.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Besides', 'apart from', 'beyond'. You still haven't explained why these instances are being excluded from your theology. Your reasoning can be used to make any theology you want: Jesus never performed any miracles in the gospels 'apart from' the times that he did. You can's show me anywhere in the gospels where he did perform any miracles, therefore he didn't perform any miracles!

Your logic is incredibly faulty and therefore your theology is deficient.
If you use scripture alone, only the apostles imparted the gifts in Acts through their hands (besides the two outpourings where an apostle was present. Even those they gave the gifts to, could not give them to others. If you only go by what scripture says without reading your ideas into it, this is what it says.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
If you use scripture alone, only the apostles imparted the gifts in Acts through their hands (besides the two outpourings where an apostle was present. Even those they gave the gifts to, could not give them to others. If you only go by what scripture says without reading your ideas into it, this is what it says.

I am using scripture alone. You on the other hand, by your own admission are taking things away from scripture ("besides the two outpourings where an apostle was present."). You are deliberately excluding portions of the Bible to make your case. Worse you are making it in spite of indications elsewhere that it is not the apostles, but the Holy Spirit that imparts the gifts.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am using scripture alone. You on the other hand, by your own admission are taking things away from scripture ("besides the two outpourings where an apostle was present."). You are deliberately excluding portions of the Bible to make your case. Worse you are making it in spite of indications elsewhere that it is not the apostles, but the Holy Spirit that imparts the gifts.
The Holy Spirit imparted the gifts through the apostle's hands. The Apostles were present at the Jewish outpouring. And Peter was present at the Gentile outpouring. But all other times the gifts came through their hands.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit imparted the gifts through the apostle's hands. The Apostles were present at the Jewish outpouring. And Peter was present at the Gentile outpouring. But all other times the gifts came through their hands.
I don't disagree with your assessment of history, but you cannot come up with the theology that the gifts can ONLY be imparted by apostles when by your own admission there are two instances where this not what happened.

Acts 10 shows this happening as Peter watched - he had no choice in the matter - it was spontaneous. You have also excluded the instance where Ananias lays hands on Saul. And the Holy Spirit falls on him (Saul). Ananias wasn't an Apostle (as in 'the twelve').

You have also excluded the numerous indications from the epistles that the Holy Spirit is the deciding factor, not apostles (and that is not to downplay the role of the apostle).

You seem to be very 'sola scriptura' but you reading your theology INTO the scriptures, not out of them.

Start at the beginning of Acts and you will read of how the Holy Spirit came upon all the disciples (120) and impacted thousands in Jerusalem).

You will read of the appointing of the seven who were 'full of the Holy Spirit' with no indication that this HAD to have happened via the apostles,

You will read of Phillip in Samaria - the only instance where the Holy Spirit was imparted by the apostles, but in the context they were referred to as disciples, rather than apostles.

You will read of the Holy Spirit being given to Saul by the Hands of Ananias who was a disciple.

You will read of Cornelius and his family where the Holy Spirit came while Peter watched (he was incredulous that it was happening).

You will read of how Paul asked the Ephesian believer if they had received the Holy Spirit when they believed (not when apostles laid hands on them).

And then you could go on to the numerous letters where again there is no indication that it is the only the ministrations of the apostles that is the cause of the miraculous.

You claim to use the whole Bible again and again, but again and again you cite exceptions to make your case. You are not using the whole Bible just the portions that support the theology you have determined outside of the Bible.

Upvote 0