• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Texas Pastor Tells Followers to Stock Supplies, Keep Guns Loaded Before Biden Inauguration

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Isilwen, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:40 AM.

1. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,538
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
  3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,277
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 6:06 AM
  4. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ citizen of the Kingdom Supporter

+11,237
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Lots of mixed messages. They would only be believable if they marched for many days around washington and it suddenly crumbled on it's own.

Burden told church members to carry out the order, saying: "Take down the walls of Jericho. The Lord says your Jericho is Washington, D.C. That's your fortified city."

Trump called on his followers to remain peaceful but did not mention his impeachment.
    "Violence and vandalism have no place in our country," he said. "No true supporter of mine would ever endorse political violence."​

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 6:08 AM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,432
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Daniel9v9

Daniel9v9

+1,054
    Japan
    Lutheran
    Married
    If we live by the sword, we'll die by the sword. This pastor ought to read Romans 13 and focus on keeping his vocation in preaching the Gospel.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Abide with me.

Abide with me. New Member

+48
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    There is a church in England near where I live that covered it's walls with blatantly political bias towards a particular ideology, it made me angry and sad that those in the community who didn't share these political affilliations felt alienated by this church and I imagine they stopped attending, and I wonder how those who did that to their church would feel if it was covered with insignia to their opposing political views?
    I fear for Christian communities who become political, I think it's divisive, isn't the point of Christianity to do unto others as you would have them do unto you? I have strong political beliefs of my own, but when I feel overwhelmed and powerless as surely most of us do at some point, I want to turn it over to God, and as comforting as it might be to hear my political views supported by my church, I would not wish them to be inflicted on other Christians, for me Christianity and religion is the last bastion of love and unity we have left in these troubled times, and there are many other platforms for those who want to bring about political change.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,994
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I think I'd stop my pledge and start looking for a new church if he was my pastor. Probably wouldn't wait until the end of the sermon to get started.

9. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,451
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    If I had a church that preached Q crap, I'd re evaluate my faith.

10. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,254
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
  11. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Supporter

+1,640
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  12. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+6,705
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Actually, this Pastor should read his own Bible better. The New Testament Scriptures do not teach that believers can take up arms to hurt or threat others. For Jesus and His followers taught Non-resistance. Check out this thread here for the many verses:

Nonresistance as Taught in the New Testament is Moral and Good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,432
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Don’t mess with Texas. ;)

14. Isilwen

+1,538
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I agree that he should read his own Bible better, but I have and still disagree with your thread.

I will always believe in self-defense and own my own handgun to protect myself and my family.

15. Bible Highlighter

+6,705
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Simply read the verses and read through the thread. You will not find any verses from our Lord, and or His followers that support the use of violence. On the contrary Jesus and His followers taught the exact opposite (Non-resistance). Those who own a gun, and or who have relied on their gun will find it harder to accept such verses on Non-resistance in the Bible. It will be as if these verses do not even exist for them when they read them. For they have let their outside life experience cloud their way of thinking.

16. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+4,954
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Bless his heart. He's all suited up and playing for the wrong team. Pity.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Supporter

+1,640
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That has been on my mind lately. I could never imagine hurting anyone, except maybe if right there, a gun was pointing at my daughter. But I wonder what the right reason for a war would be. If and when a Christian should take up arms against the government .

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:39 AM
  18. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,762
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    "Beware of false prophets."

Remember who said this ?

19. Isilwen

+1,538
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    You act as though I have never read the verses before. I read them before I ever owned a handgun. I still own a handgun. I simply disagree with you.

If someone busts into my home and tries to harm them in any way or when I get married to my girlfriend and someone tries to harm her, I will not just stand there and watch them do it. Praying that they stop will not work. I am going to kill them. I will give them one chance to stop, and if they don't, they are dead.

God expects us to protect those who put us in charge over, not stand idly by and watch them be harmed or killed by someone breaking into their home.

I will always disagree with your premise, always!

20. Bible Highlighter

+6,705
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    A person can read verses in a Bible, but that does not mean that they have placed those verses on the inside of them. Think Parable of the Sower.

But what if God says not to kill in His Word? Would you just disobey God anyways? I sure hope not. God is the giver and taker of life. All things work together for good to those who love God. Nothing can happen in this life without God's say so.

Why do certain folks who go against our Lord's teaching on Non-Resistance think that the teaching of Non-Resistance equates with doing nothing? Surely we can restrain our attackers and tell our family to run. There are also other non-violent ways to escape a violent situation, as well. All these things have been addressed already in the thread. I would advise you to read through the thread instead of diverting the topic of this thread.