Texas man faces 25 years prison for voting whilst on parole.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, no need to throw about the racist card.

Secondly, he broke the law but, i am sure this wont go the full course.
Except illegal voting is a red button issue, so expect stupidity on the prosecutor's part.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, no need to throw about the racist card.

Secondly, he broke the law but, i am sure this wont go the full course.
I use the card because of the history of disenfranchising former felons from voting, look at Florida 2000.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I use the card because of the history of disenfranchising former felons from voting, look at Florida 2000.

Not sure what's being implied here between black people and felons. o_O

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did he vote legally or illegally? That's the issue
Actually it will be the disproportionate punishment that will be the issue, he's facing a third strike 25 years for voting a few months early. And it's Florida so expect stupidity and cruel and unusual punishment on the prosecutor's part.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually it will be the disproportionate punishment that will be the issue, he's facing a third strike 25 years for voting a few months early. And it's Florida so expect stupidity and cruel and unusual punishment on the prosecutor's part.
A few months early means he voted illegally. He chose to yet again violate the law.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Oh Florida...I think that's over in East Texas. It's one of those blue counties. ;)

upload_2021-7-10_9-44-40.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It was completely inappropriate to bring in the race card.

And no matter what the law says: IT'S EVEN MORE INAPPROPRIATE TO SENTENCE SOMEONE TO 25 YEARS IN JAIL FOR ILLEGAL VOTING.
What sentence do you think is appropriate for illegally voting should be? How important is the vote, and honest elections??

Upvote 0

honestal

Mar 27, 2021
Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What sentence do you think is appropriate for illegally voting should be? How important is the vote, and honest elections??

Hi Ralliann (nice to meet you),

I really don't know what the appropriate punishment should be for illegally voting. I just know that 25 years is incredibly unfair--especially compared to much lesser punishments for what I consider much greater crimes.

As for how important I think honest elections are: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

I, like multitudes of others, believe that our country is in big, big trouble over this issue.

Just on one point: I'm on the side that believes it's nothing but a recipe for fraud to not have to show an ID to vote. Poor people--white, black, and everything in between--have no problem getting an ID when it comes to things like welfare, food stamps, and other government assistance. (If I don't have to show an ID what's to stop me from going out and voting for my brother and all my friends who don't vote.)

I, again like multitudes of others, believe this country is teetering on the brink of disaster over not only this issue, but a host of other issues.

More than anything, my big concern is to be 100% right with God, and to help others to be also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Given that he had a few months left on parole, a few months would have a semblance of justice.

Upvote 0