• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott Signs Bill Into Law Banning Biological Males From Female Sports In School

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Hammster, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Hammster

Hammster Theology Matters Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+22,313
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. christian1724

christian1724 New Member

+31
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Just a couple of years ago, I would not have thought that anyone would find a need for a law like that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+7,158
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    Right?

I thought the whole trans thing was about men wanting to wear dresses in public without getting abuse and the extremely miniscule amount of people who had undergone the FULL surgeries and completely "passing" on the surface level as women getting to use the bathroom and so I really didn't care. Live and let live and all that.

Only to start to find out what was really going on once they began their abuse of J.K. Rowling for saying that biological sex is real and that "menstruating persons" are women. And that opened up EVERYTHING. While I still do not agree with conservatives on everything politically (i.e. I still believe everyone should have health care without going bankrupt), I am now very solidly in the "anti-woke" camp, and for more than all the ridiculous gender ideology. Identity politics in general needs to go right down the drain and fast.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+30,921
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    It is a shame on humanity that a law like this is even necessary :rolleyes:. But, in a world that is a ball of confusion, there has to be SOME clarity. The lines are so blurred now that I have concern for my grandchildren.What will it be like when they become adults? My youngest grand is 1yr.old. By the time twenty years have passed, the world will be so perverted that choosing a mate and starting a family will be most difficult.IMHO this law is a step in the right direction.And it is not that I want trans youth to be barred from playing sports. I think a better plan would be having trans sports teams. That way, there will be clarity for everyone.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  5. hislegacy

hislegacy A child at 20 weeks

+10,462
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Stands up and applauds

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+389
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That law makes sense.

7. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,921
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Will there be "real" people in the future? We live in an ever increasing hybrid age where everything is tolerated, we don't know how perverted things will get. "Persons" are already defying biology in order to "feel OK with themselves" not acknowledging their lack of clarity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Unqualified

+389
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I see your not a Christian. This is why you are minimizing the situation. God is a God of order. This situation is one of the reasons for His wrath. Man is falling even from his own sexuality into perversion.

9. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,121
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    Since it's K-12, It seems like a reasonable law to me. Without the full sex change operation, it's completely unfair for biologic males to be competing with the girls in most sports, and I wouldn't want children to be going through the sex change operation.

10. Mayzoo

Mayzoo Well-Known Member

+1,151
    Christian
    Private
    Odds are (IMO) in 20 years they will have much, much larger issues than this, so much so, this one will likely not even rate a first thought let alone a second thought.

11. Brihaha

Brihaha Active Member

+494
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It only seems important to continue the culture wars. I have heard about two cases of trans "girls" trying to play women's sports and the one was an Olympian. Leave it to politicians to make a mountain out of the molehill. I reckon they feel a need to claim they really support women's rights and will likely use this "law" to reinforce this fallacy.

12. Hammster

Hammster Theology Matters Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+22,313
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    They are supporting women in sports so that they don’t have to compete against men.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+1,310
    Atheist
    Married
    Nope. I remember being in high school. I had math problems on test, and chemistry problems and physics problems.
    Sometimes the solution was sin²x + cos²x = 1
    another time the solution was pKa = 0.74.
    Jesus, was never the solution.

14. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,921
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    He would have been if you had asked Him.:rolleyes:

15. Unqualified

+389
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You have no faith. But I think you would say you turned out all right. Think where you would be if you had Jesus. I know someone with math problems and she prayed and prayed and passed. You blame Jesus but you can’t expect blessings with no faith.

16. driewerf

+1,310
    Atheist
    Married
  17. driewerf

+1,310
    Atheist
    Married
    "Jesus, can you please be a pKa of 0.74?" Something like that?

18. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,921
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Jesus is THE Truth and He will never be anything else.But you can ask Him for the answer and He will give it to you.

19. driewerf

+1,310
    Atheist
    Married
    But, that would be cheating on my test. Is that what christianity stands for?

20. driewerf

+1,310
    Atheist
    Married
    I need to remember your own words.