✟1,093,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If they were trying to protect a child with medical problems

How does sitting down to dine (Most do this without a mask on.) , on food that was prepared by people of unknown health conditions, in close quarters, breathing the breath of strangers, somehow equate to trying to protect a child?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How does sitting down to dine (Most do this without a mask on.) , on food that was prepared by people of unknown health conditions, in close quarters, breathing the breath of strangers, somehow equate to trying to protect a child?

Good point -- any manager who insists that the customers not wear masks is just as likely to insist his cooks not wash their hands.

Another reason this place deserves a 1 star Yelp review... What's the point of avoiding COVID if you're just going to catch Salmonella?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,093,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good point -- any manager who insists that the customers not wear masks is just as likely to insist his cooks not wash their hands.

Source?

That statement is as ridiculous as saying that any restaurant that mandates vaccines for its' employees, is just as likely to lace your food with drugs.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Reasoning.

We know what he expects from his customers, health and hygiene be darned -- who can say how many corners he lets... no, demands his employees cut?

That statement is as ridiculous as saying that any restaurant that mandates vaccines for its' employees, is just as likely to lace your food with drugs.

No, you got me beat by a mile... I bow to your statement's superior ridiculousness.

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Go for it. That is what freedom is about. No one is forcing you to eat anywhere.

And while we're at it, we can warn our friends about it, so they don't eat there either.

...and through the miracle of the Internet, our "friends" can number in the thousands, maybe tens of thousands.... and of course, they tell their friends, who then tell their friends...

Tell me, when does it stop being "freedom," and start being "cancel culture"?

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And while we're at it, we can warn our friends about it, so they don't eat there either.

...and through the miracle of the Internet, our "friends" can number in the thousands, maybe tens of thousands.... and of course, they tell their friends, who then tell their friends...

Tell me, when does it stop being "freedom," and start being "cancel culture"?
I would guess that the exact opposite is happening. He's probably getting more business by being anti mask in Texas.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,093,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, you got me beat by a mile... I bow to your statement's superior ridiculousness.

Well I'll give credit where credit is due. Both statements were ridiculous; but don't be so modest; I suspect that you weren't even trying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet we go to restaurants where you wear a mask until you take it off at the table, and that somehow makes sense?

It isn't the making sense that is important, if it makes a person feel safer to do so then that in turn helps their mental state so it's worth it, if for nothing more then for a person's own peace of mind. Their wearing a mask doesn't hurt anybody.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,093,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It isn't the making sense that is important, if it makes a person feel safer to do so then that in turn helps their mental state so it's worth it, if for nothing more then for a person's own peace of mind. Their wearing a mask doesn't hurt anybody.

I feel the same way about my sidearm.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would guess that the exact opposite is happening. He's probably getting more business by being anti mask in Texas.

That may make him a friend of the current government -- whether the people agree is another matter.

But then again, what could be more valuable to him than being a friend of the government?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? So, it's useless, but do it anyway? I've said all along that masks are nothing but a feel good useless measure. Thanks for confirming it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,093,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Except your sidearm can wound and kill. I doubt being smacked with a mask by an angry mask wearer will do you any harm.

My sidearm helps to remind angry mask wearers that it's wrong to physically assault me.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? So, it's useless, but do it anyway? I've said all along that masks are nothing but a feel good useless measure. Thanks for confirming it.

I didn't say they were useless, that's called 'reading into things that aren't there.'

To be of use a mask should be worn correctly and taking it off to eat means they have reduced their protection down to zero while they do so.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say they were useless, that's called 'reading into things that aren't there.'

To be of use a mask should be worn correctly and taking it off to eat means they have reduced their protection down to zero while they do so.
Well it's kinda hard to eat through a mask.
And almost no one wears them correctly in my observations. They wear them because they are required or because they want to fit in.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sidearm helps to remind angry mask wearers that it's wrong to physically assault me.

What does that have to do with a couple who just want to go out and feel safer wearing a mask?
Why does their wanting to wear a bit of cloth upset you so much?

Upvote 0