• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for wearing masks

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by jayem, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,612
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Maybe.

2. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,520
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It protects some of the workers, like the host at the door. And if he prohibits employees from wearing masks, that’s really bad. Line cooks had the highest rate of deaths by occupation for a while. Probably because they didn’t want to wear masks in the heat, but if one wants to protect themself, why prohibit it?

3. RestoreTheJoy

RestoreTheJoy Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,196
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That's really nonsensical. Leave people alone. If they want to wear a mask, they should wear masks, whether like these people, or someone older who is just being self-protective. It's hard to believe anyone else would be concerned about that.

4. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Your part of the world clearly isn't Texas.

5. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    I suspect it's pure spite... "If 'they' can force you to wear a mask, then I should be allowed to force you to not wear a mask!"

6. RestoreTheJoy

+1,196
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's just ridiculous. Everyone needs to just do what is best for himself and his family, whether mask, distance, single, double, trip jab, whatever....and leave everyone else alone.

It does sound like they are just making a statement, to me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  7. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,334
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The mask doesn't cover the eyes. So if you're wearing a mask, and someone else isn't, they can breathe out droplets through their nose and mouth, and while your mask will stop them from reaching your nose and mouth, they can still reach your eyes and infect you. But if they are wearing a mask too, then the droplets from their nose and mouth won't get past the mask and risk going into your eyes.

Do I need to draw you a diagram?

8. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,612
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I understand what you are saying but you don't understand what I am saying.
    People say that wearing a mask is not to protect yourself but to protect others. Of course, wearing a mask protects others but you are also protecting yourself when you wear a mask.

9. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    True -- but what's the statement?

10. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,334
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    To an extent, but both of you are most effectively protected when you are both wearing masks.

11. RestoreTheJoy

+1,196
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Maybe everyone could simply wear a trash bag over his head?

; )

12. RestoreTheJoy

+1,196
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Rowlett Restaurant Owner Explains No-Mask Policy After Asking Family To Leave

He is interviewed here, for what it's worth.

This is the sort of response that ham-fisted dictatorial policies invite.

Elsewhere, people aren't even allowed to enter restaurants without vaccine papers,despite the fact that people went all last year with masks and were fine. This is his response to that, I suspect.

13. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    This is a silly comment. Private businesses have a right to their rules. Individuals have a right to wear a mask or not and go to a particular restaurant or not. If the restaurant as a private business had a mask mandate then wear a mask it don't go. If the restaurant has a no mask rule then don't wear a mask or don't go. It's a simple as that.

And the restaurant business isn't having trouble with workers because of this. Every business is struggling to get people to work. I quite frankly don't understand it. How are people living if they don't work? Don't they have to buy food, pay rent, make a car payment, pay insurance and power costs? What happened to all our employees?

14. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    Well at least until people sit at the table and take their masks off to drink and eat.

What people get 5 minutes of protection? Then the masks come off so you can eat and drink. Requiring masks in restaurants is nothing more than a placebo. To make others feel better.

15. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Sounds like I was right -- spite.

16. Sparagmos

+6,520
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Like I said, the host. In a busy restaurant they are in close proximity to a bunch of people at the front and while seating them. I also keep mine on until I get my food, so that when the waiter is standing at the table taking our order they are more protected. I used to be a server and know a lot of them, many chose not to go back to work over this very issue.

17. Sparagmos

+6,520
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Every business isn’t struggling. The restaurant industry has been hit much harder than others. Many chose to move into other fields where they didn’t have to deal with the public, both for safety issues and because customers have been absolutely beastly lately. Every day they are dealing with anti-maskers and sometimes are even getting things thrown at them and verbally assaulted.

18. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    Yes every business is hurting. The restaurant business maybe more, but nearly every business is needing employees. Every retailer, construction, convenience stores, universities, etc. Everyone is hurting. Where are our workers? It didn't used to be like this.

19. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    Irrelevant. When people are eating and drinking they don't wear masks. Masks are a placebo. People don't eat or drink with masks. The germs are going everywhere.

I know you don't want to think so, because you believe in them. But people spend 45 minutes or more in a restaurant and only 5-10 minutes at most are spent wearing the mask.

20. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    I think it's rude and ridiculous for people to act that way. But it's not just the anti-maskers. Plenty of people have been harassed for not wearing them as well. It's the state of affairs in America right now that we can't be civil to each other. We can't disagree without exhibiting anger, cursing at, assaulting one another.

And it happens on all sides now.

Top 10 Victims Of Violence Because They Weren't Wearing Masks - Listverse

VIDEO: COVID-Deranged Shoppers Harass, Assault Teens For Not Wearing Masks at Walmart - The New American