Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems the assailant was not prepared for resistance. What a dope.
He should have been wearing the full armor of God when going to battle.
It would have been better if the perpetrator had never been born.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It seems the assailant was not prepared for resistance. What a dope.
He should have been wearing the full armor of God when going to battle.
Yeah, homicidal maniacs should definitely take Ephesians to heart before attempting mass murder. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An armed gunman runs into a Christian community in Texas and doesn't plan for armed resistance.

That's really something, I must say...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
While I don't object to anyone's right to have a gun, why are people allowed to enter the presence of God with weapons by their sides? Do we think coming into the presence of the Holy of Holies as a jest?

All this could have been avoided if everyone was made to put their weapon in a safe/locker before proceeding into the sanctuary. People who refuse to comply can't be allowed in. Not so much I'm questioning American rights but sense of reverence to God.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While I don't object to anyone's right to have a gun, why are people allowed to enter the presence of God with weapons by their sides? Do we think coming into the presence of the Holy of Holies as a jest?

All this could have been avoided if everyone was made to put their weapon in a safe/locker before proceeding into the sanctuary. People who refuse to comply can't be allowed in. Not so much I'm questioning American rights but sense of reverence to God.
Um, if that had happened, a lot of people would probably be dead right now. Some nutjob went into a building with a gun and an intent to kill. He was thwarted by a community member. What you're advocating would've been a literal death sentence for at least a few people.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Um, if that had happened, a lot of people would probably be dead right now. Some nutjob went into a building with a gun and an intent to kill. He was thwarted by a community member. What you're advocating would've been a literal death sentence for at least a few people.

From what I read about the news, the shooter was sitting in the pews for sometime before taking out a shotgun and open fire. Meaning he was in the Sanctuary with a weapon for awhile surveying not kicking down the door guns a blazing.

If there were volunteer armed guards in front of the church inspecting people entering this would not have happened. Christians would not object to have their weapons kept safe until the service is over. Only people who are hostile would object. That would be a red flag.

While I respect America's A2 due to its history, I still feel it's disrespectful of our Lord that we bring weapons when entering His Presence.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Peter was literally in the presence of the Lord when he cut off the soldier/guard's ear with his sword.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do realize the man who shot the perpetrator was a member of the Church's security team, don't you? It was not just a random Church member who just happened to be carrying a gun. More than likely the Church had a security program where they schedule team members to be ready in case the worse happened.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Peter was literally in the presence of the Lord when he cut off the soldier/guard's ear with his sword.
Good point.

And by the by, Who told Peter to go buy that sword?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you also have to remember Jesus did not praise Peter for his sword or what he did. In fact Jesus said "He who live by the sword dies by it".
This is true but that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't irreverent to have his weapon in the presence of the Lord, a weapon that Jesus told him to buy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You do realize the man who shot the perpetrator was a member of the Church's security team, don't you? It was not just a random Church member who just happened to be carrying a gun. More than likely the Church had a security program where they schedule team members to be ready in case the worse happened.

Yes I'm quite aware it was the church security that shot the gunman. My point still stands as to why weapons was even allowed pass the doors of the church? The gunman got his weapon into the sanctuary. Sat there for a time before standing up and drawing his gun. There should be a policy to say no weapons inside. We have to remember the church while open to all is not a public place. Enforcing no weapons rule is not in violation of any American rights.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes I'm quite aware it was the church security that shot the gunman. My point still stands as to why weapons was even allowed pass the doors of the church? The gunman got his weapon into the sanctuary. Sat there for a time before standing up and drawing his gun. There should be a policy to say no weapons inside. We have to remember the church while open to all is not a public place. Enforcing no weapons rule is not in violation of any American rights.
Yep, they just need to make a rule against permitting gun-toting maniacs into the sanctuary, that'll solve all their problems.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yep, they just need to make a rule against permitting gun-toting maniacs into the sanctuary, that'll solve all their problems.

It's not different than saying a locked door/tall wall rules works. There are exception of course. But by and large when you put measures to prevent something, chances of that thing happening lessen.

What I suggested doesn't remove guns from the solution. You still need a good guy with a gun at the doors to make sure a bad guy with a gun don't get in so easily. No one gets to carry a gun inside the church. As a practical measure and a sign of respect to our Lord.

If people are allowed to carry gun everywhere why not into a court room? or say a hospital? or a bank? All I'm saying is there is a time and place for everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not different than saying a locked door/tall wall rules works. There are exception of course. But by and large when you put measures to prevent something, chances of that thing happening lessen.

What I suggested doesn't remove guns from the solution. You still need a good guy with a gun at the doors to make sure a bad guy with a gun don't get in so easily. No one gets to carry a gun inside the church. As a practical measure and a sign of respect to our Lord.

If people are allowed to carry gun everywhere why not into a court room? or say a hospital? or a bank? All I'm saying is there is a time and place for everything.

I guess they could have that sticker on the door that says no guns, but from an interview with the gunman's sister? It sounded like she felt it was a suicide mission. He was killed on the day his brother died whom he was having problems mourning. There clearly was something going on mentally here.

So, it might seem practical to all of us and a sign of respect. Yet, he was in a headspace that clearly wouldn't recognize that.

They had a team in place for security, and one of those individuals were the one that killed him.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0