Texas Bans Teaching Students CRT

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,434.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How would you know this has occurred?

How do you know we aren't as unbiased as we can get already?

Apart from that being the Most Naive Post Of The Week, it's because there are people even in this forum who would tell you that they aren't biased in any way.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
None that I can think of, but you presented a false dichotomy that needed to be corrected.

Rather than an all-or nothing deal, the importance of race as part of one's identity is more accurately depicted along a sliding scale.

For everyone? Whites included?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Apart from that being the Most Naive Post Of The Week, it's because there are people even in this forum who would tell you that they aren't biased in any way.

Who said that?

It's a legitimate question. You presented the idea as if it's a problem we need to work on...

When is the work finished? How do we know we've reached the goal.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You did; are you suggesting I ignore you when I address your threads?

I highlighted the relevant parts of the law. If you read my post, you'd know they don't mention CRT.

If you're not following though, I'll gladly explain....

1. They banned teaching children to be racist.

2. This effectively bans CRT because it relies on fundamentally racist assumptions.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,434.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who said that?

It's a legitimate question. You presented the idea as if it's a problem we need to work on...

When is the work finished? How do we know we've reached the goal.

When everyone treats others as they would like to be treated themselves. I think Jesus mentioned something about it.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When everyone treats others as they would like to be treated themselves.

Well that's a rather short lesson that this legislation doesn't ban.

It's also never going to happen so you're just complaining about reality. It's called life. We shouldn't waste time trying to fix unfixable problems.

I think Jesus mentioned something about it.

I'm an atheist so I don't care.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
For everyone? Whites included?

But of course -- Italians, Irish, Germans, Greeks, Brits, Scots, Welsh, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, etc., etc....

Where a person comes from need not define them, but there's no reason not to acknowledge and appreciate it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I highlighted the relevant parts of the law. If you read my post, you'd know they don't mention CRT.

And yet you still mentioned it yourself.

Again, if I'm required to ignore your words while I'm discussing things with you, then conversations with you are going to end up equal parts futile and pointless.

If you're not following though, I'll gladly explain....

1. They banned teaching children to be racist.

2. This effectively bans CRT because it relies on fundamentally racist assumptions.

So your opinion is that this applies to CRT because, in your opinion, CRT is inherently racist.

Well now... that's nice.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But of course -- Italians, Irish, Germans, Greeks, Brits, Scots, Welsh, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, etc., etc....

Where a person comes from need not define them, but there's no reason not to acknowledge and appreciate it.

Oh good...so you have no problem with white people who love their country, race, and are proud of these things lol?

I'm not going to find you contradicting this in your posts in the past?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet you still mentioned it yourself.

Again, if I'm required to ignore your words while I'm discussing things with you, then conversations with you are going to end up equal parts futile and pointless.

It's not my fault you didn't read the article.

So your opinion is that this applies to CRT because, in your opinion, CRT is inherently racist.

Well now... that's nice.

According to its definition it's racist....but the other big "tell" here is the fact that it literally blames everything on white people.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,434.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh good...so you have no problem with white people who love their country, race, and are proud of these things lol?

Say what? White people who are proud of their race? Are you kidding? Do you actually know people who are proud to be white? What on earth is there to be proud about? Do you know people who are proud to be left handed? Or blue eyed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Say what? White people who are proud of their race? Are you kidding? Do you actually know people who are proud to be white? What on earth is there to be proud about? Do you know people who are proud to be left handed? Or blue eyed?

Thanks Bradskii...

I thought it was going to take longer to show TLK why this wasn't going to work but hey...you chimed in with the perfect post.

I guess we better teach them that race isn't important then...and we should all try to act accordingly.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What he said makes sense in the context of racism.

He didn't say anything in the context of racism....and I'm pretty sure the Golden Rule existed pre-Jesus.

But if you want a passage that applies here...

There is none righteous, not even one; There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one.” | Romans 3:10-12

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
He didn't say anything in the context of racism....and I'm pretty sure the Golden Rule existed pre-Jesus.

But if you want a passage that applies here...

There is none righteous, not even one; There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one.” | Romans 3:10-12
Wait a second, atheists arguing by slinging Bible verses at each other?
Oh! The vapors!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I'm not going to find you contradicting this in your posts in the past?

I have no doubt that if someone -- anyone -- was obsessed determined enough to dig through the thousands of posts I made in the past, they might find something I once said that could conceivably be used to cancel what I've just said... with a little creative interpretation on their part.

That would be a pathetic impressive use of their time and effort in order to conflate race and nationality, and I would laugh at commend such dedication.

Upvote 0