Texans to lose land to the feds for Trump Wall.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I suppose, if land owner's don't mind drug runners in their backyards.
The combination of how remote areas of the boarder are with the ability to corrupt or coerce land owners means the drug runners are going to be a permanent fixture on the boarder so long as prohibition is in effect.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The combination of how remote areas of the boarder are with the ability to corrupt or coerce land owners means the drug runners are going to be a permanent fixture on the boarder so long as prohibition is in effect.
As more surveillance technology is being used and more border patrol agents have been hired, more drugs, drug money, and guns are being confiscated at the border than in the past.

In the late 1800s and early 1900s before WWI, US Army troops were occasionally used to guard our borders. The use of military forces is not unprecedented.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As more surveillance technology is being used and more border patrol agents have been hired, more drugs, drug money, and guns are being confiscated at the border than in the past.

At a rate very similar to shrinkage, that is theft, rates that legal retailers build into their prices and manage turn a profit with much narrower margins.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they the only people who are effected by drug dealers and gun runners that bring death into our country?

Of course not. However, I give more credence to people who actually live in border communities.

btw, have you considered how much death and destruction American drug consumer have inflicted on Latin American countries?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
btw, have you considered how much death and destruction American drug consumer have inflicted on Latin American countries?
Yes, and it is a tragedy.
In fact some of the kidnapping and enslavement of people is also caused by the illegal drug industry. If there wasn't a market for illegal drugs much of that would cease.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know I was just thinking about your question, if drugs, etc. could be stopped at the border why hasn't it been done.

Because it can't be. Drugs are readily available in every maximum security prison in the country. We would have to lock the entire border, or county, down to supermax levels.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it can't be. Drugs are readily available in every maximum security prison in the country. We would have to lock the entire border, or county, down to supermax levels.
Another good point. How do drugs get into prisons?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Another good point. How do drugs get into prisons?
In a very similar manner as they get to the rest of the country, smuggling and corruption.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a very similar manner as they get to the rest of the country, smuggling and corruption.
And that means that law enforcement is involved in that corruption in prisons.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And that means that law enforcement is involved in that corruption in prisons.
It would be delusional to think that corruption is limited to the prison system.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have no doubt there are because we are all individuals. When we speak of groups we usually refer to the majority. There are always minorities that will disagree.
Is that an admission that an admission that minorities don't count in Texas? Because that's what it sounds like.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

That's what Texans want -- more government surveillance on their property.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that an admission that an admission that minorities don't count in Texas? Because that's what it sounds like.
What a stupid comment. Your comment is a broad stroke that is irrelevant to the discussion. It is a logical fallacy.

One would have to take a survey of all the property owners whose land is on the border and find out who does not want to sell part of their land for the wall. Since Trump is a business man I don't think his administration will force a sale without just compensation which the eminent domain clause requires.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do they mind them now?

They have had news stories for years regarding the families that live along the border. They have claimed its war zone down there, and they pack guns and cell phones while working their land. I linked to one story, but there are many MANY others.

Here is another one from Reuters.

I feel for both sides of the border personally. Mexico deals with this terror as well.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They have had news stories for years regarding the families that live along the border. They have claimed its war zone down there, and they pack guns and cell phones while working their land. I linked to one story, but there are many MANY others.

Here is another one from Reuters.

I feel for both sides of the border personally. Mexico deals with this terror as well.
Hmm, so that' not a great argument against two guys tossing drugs to each other over the wall, then, I guess.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What a stupid comment. Your comment is a broad stroke that is irrelevant to the discussion. It is a logical fallacy.

One would have to take a survey of all the property owners whose land is on the border and find out who does not want to sell part of their land for the wall. Since Trump is a business man I don't think his administration will force a sale without just compensation which the eminent domain clause requires.
So much incorrectness, should I count the ways?

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0