Texans to lose land to the feds for Trump Wall.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Filed under "saw that coming..."

Trump's border wall hinges on legal team devoted to eminent domain; Texans wary | Politics | Dallas News

Landowners Likely To Bring More Lawsuits As Trump Moves On Border Wall

https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-border-wall-mexico-condemnation-letter/

First, you pay for the wall with your taxes.
Then, you pay for the wall again with 20% tariffs...
And now, in Texas, you get your land seized by the feds for the glorious wall!

DJT's always been a big fan of eminent domain. Best case scenario is he'll probably lowball them.

• Informative
Reactions: Armoured

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Trump's border wall hinges on legal team devoted to eminent domain; Texans wary | Politics | Dallas News

DJT's always been a big fan of eminent domain. Best case scenario is he'll probably lowball them.
As a Texan I am sure the border land owners will be glad to sell their land to set up the wall.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As a Texan I am sure the border land owners will be glad to sell their land to set up the wall.

The ones quoted in the articles didn't seem all that eager.

Of course, the sales offers all predate the Trump administration... mostly Bush II era, actually. We already know that DJT is a big fan of eminent domain, and has never paid when he didn't have to... and even a couple of times when he was supposed to.

Why buy when you can take?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They're gonna get paid for land they had really lost already... and now the rest of their property will be more valuable. Win-Win.

Paid what? The prices I saw seemed a bit on the low end for that region... and I don't see DJT raising the asking prices... it's bad business.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ones quoted in the articles didn't seem all that eager.

Of course, the sales offers all predate the Trump administration... mostly Bush II era, actually. We already know that DJT is a big fan of eminent domain, and has never paid when he didn't have to... and even a couple of times when he was supposed to.

Why buy when you can take?
Not all Texans are in agreement, so you can find the quote you want for the slant of the article. My observation as one who lives here, country Texans are more conservative and urban Texans are more liberal. The border is country and they are ranchers who own that land. I live in Dallas, and there are many who are liberal. Yesterday I heard that the Dallas city counsel has decided to create photo ID for illegals in the area.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Paid what? The prices I saw seemed a bit on the low end for that region... and I don't see DJT raising the asking prices... it's bad business.

I’m deferring all my questions to Texans.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not all Texans are in agreement, so you can find the quote you want for the slant of the article.
That's an admission that there are "country" Texans who feel they are being screwed.

My observation as one who lives here, country Texans are more conservative and urban Texans are more liberal. The border is country and they are ranchers who own that land. I live in Dallas, and there are many who are liberal. Yesterday I heard that the Dallas city counsel has decided to create photo ID for illegals in the area.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

They'll be paid for the land if it is necessary to appropriate that for the wall via the Eminent Domain laws. They're losing their state to illegal trespass. They should be grateful a president is finally doing something to at least make an effort to halt that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
They'll be paid for the land if it is necessary to appropriate that for the wall via the Eminent Domain laws. They're losing their state to illegal trespass. They should be grateful a president is finally doing something to at least make an effort to halt that.

So you have zero problems with Eminent Domain claims so long as compensation is paid.

Right, gotcha, filed that one away for later.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And we know how much a money maker all that sage brush and dirt and cactuses are.

Or the countless resorts along the boarder or the booming metropolis areas there are.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you have zero problems with Eminent Domain claims so long as compensation is paid.

Right, gotcha, filed that one away for later.
Good for you. :clap:
Hey, make something else up and attribute it to me and after you quoted what I expressly said while paying no attention to it. Or the context of my remarks.
Then you can file that away too. Sound like a plan? :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And we know how much a money maker all that sage brush and dirt and cactuses are.

Or the countless resorts along the boarder or the booming metropolis areas there are.
I'm going to guess you haven't been to texas, because if you think it is all dust and cacti, you would be very wrong. There is quite a bit of fertile ground near the border, which shouldn't be a surprise considering it is a large river.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
....They should be grateful a president is finally doing something to at least make an effort to halt that.
wow. It's amazing how much sympathy comes to bear....

• Optimistic
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not all Texans are in agreement, so you can find the quote you want for the slant of the article. My observation as one who lives here, country Texans are more conservative and urban Texans are more liberal. The border is country and they are ranchers who own that land. I live in Dallas, and there are many who are liberal. Yesterday I heard that the Dallas city counsel has decided to create photo ID for illegals in the area.

Exactly.... there are ranchers who own that land... but not for long.

Less land = less revenue. Conservatives, in my experience, have the ones less likely to accept it quietly when Uncle Sam shoves his hands down their pockets.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow. It's amazing how much sympathy comes to bear....
Oh, I've always had sympathy for land owners in Texas . Being the walk across for the illegal invasion as they are. Going out to the garage to mow the lawn, opening the door and finding an illegal there trying to steal something to sell and make their way further into the country, as example.
Too bad though that finding sympathy for those who are trespassed against, is few and far between.
Not to mention of course that ilk that has no sympathy for the aftermath of illegal trespass and instead defends at all costs the special exception of foreigners to violate immigration laws simply because they're foreigners and think they have a right to enter in.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They'll be paid for the land if it is necessary to appropriate that for the wall via the Eminent Domain laws.

...maybe. And I wouldn't expect a fair market value from The Donald. It's bad business sense to not exploit a buyer's market.

They're losing their state to illegal trespass.

They're losing their homes to the government... not the best trade.

They should be grateful a president is finally doing something to at least make an effort to halt that.

Thank you for taking our ranch land, which has been both our homes and means of making a living for generations, Mr. President!

Yeah, Texans love rolling over for the Fed...

Upvote 0