Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What do you think? People are probably all over the grid on this but.... like for example.... Someone with let's say OCD because that's common. Ho would you tell the line of them not taking the medication out of faith and not taking it testing God? Some people might think it's like the boat story (I'll tell something close below) and some think medication is a waste or a solution only a weak/immature Christian relies on.

Boat story: There was a man who had gotten stranded at sea. A fisherman passed by and says, "Come get in my boat, I'll take you to shore." The man says, "No need, my God will save me." So the fisherman leaves. A cruise ship comes up. Someone on board calls, "Swim to the ship! We'll help you!" The man refuses again, "No, I don't need your help my God will save me." The cruise ship goes away. The coast guard find him, they toss a life preserver and say, "Grab on! We'll get you out of here." The man leaves it and says, "I don't need this my God will save me." The man is out there a few more hours and drowns. In heaven he asks, "Why didn't You save me?" And is told that God sent him three boats.

JingshenBianxi

So Cool
Mar 16, 2017
Houston, TX
✟17,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you think? People are probably all over the grid on this but.... like for example.... Someone with let's say OCD because that's common. Ho would you tell the line of them not taking the medication out of faith and not taking it testing God? Some people might think it's like the boat story (I'll tell something close below) and some think medication is a waste or a solution only a weak/immature Christian relies on.

Boat story: There was a man who had gotten stranded at sea. A fisherman passed by and says, "Come get in my boat, I'll take you to shore." The man says, "No need, my God will save me." So the fisherman leaves. A cruise ship comes up. Someone on board calls, "Swim to the ship! We'll help you!" The man refuses again, "No, I don't need your help my God will save me." The cruise ship goes away. The coast guard find him, they toss a life preserver and say, "Grab on! We'll get you out of here." The man leaves it and says, "I don't need this my God will save me." The man is out there a few more hours and drowns. In heaven he asks, "Why didn't You save me?" And is told that God sent him three boats.

Luke was a doctor. Witnessed Jesus heal people. Luke didn't heal anyone.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing that you are healed and don't need the medicine anymore and therefore stop taking it is faith. Believing you are healed and that you should stop taking medicine because of what someone told you about faith, is testing God and is very dangerous.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True story?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God often changes your prayer rather than serving granting you wishes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it's a story made to explain an idea. No one knows if there will be a person's life actually like this.

If it's not true, then it's not a problem to solve.
Jehovah's Witnesses do have a problem with medical services.

Upvote 0