Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It says in different places in the Bible that Jesus, God doesn't like people who look back after believing.
I've been trying and experimenting with my belief and faith, mostly due to emotional suffering and seeking an experience of the divine. To feel something. I know I know, we should not guide ourselves by emotion.

I didn't renounce Jesus but put Him on a shelf while I braved through my thoughts and feelings.

I did this yesterday and now, one day after I feel devoid of life. I feel no pain but I feel no life. I just want to feel alive again. Will Jesus forgive, understand and accept me? I was just figuring out my faith and beliefs.

The one that looks back isn't fit for the Kingdom of God. --> does this apply in my case?

Last edited:

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what exactly you did when testing your faith. But I think handling your feelings coming to understand the effect they have on you is enduring. The difference is I'd let God test your faith and not put Jesus on the shelf, yet come in faith seeking to be lead for understanding of your past and what's needed to leave it behind. I wouldn't worry too much about it, none of us are perfect and stray from the Lord's path sometimes. Just do your best to learn and grow nearer to Him in the process, when feeling the need remember He's merciful and your sins had been forgiven. God bless Guerrier, I hope you find the answers and also feel welcome to share problems here for the community to help.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
It says in different places in the Bible that Jesus, God doesn't like people who look back after believing.
I've been trying and experimenting with my belief and faith, mostly due to emotional suffering and seeking an experience of the divine. To feel something. I know I know, we should not guide ourselves by emotion.

I didn't renounce Jesus but put Him on a shelf while I braved through my thoughts and feelings.

I did this yesterday and now, one day after I feel devoid of life. I feel no pain but I feel no life. I just want to feel alive again. Will Jesus forgive, understand and accept me? I was just figuring out my faith and beliefs.

The one that looks back isn't fit for the Kingdom of God. --> does this apply in my case?
It's not about how you feel. It's about what you are. The book of 1John is all above ways to determine one's salvation status. 1JOhn 3:9 for example indicates it's not possible for those born of God to life a sinful lifestyle. And "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you— unless, of course, you fail the test?" 2Cor 13:5

If you find you don't measure up, look to your faith. Are you failing to completely trust in Christ? "This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it."" Is 30:15

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Your only job is to help your faith grow by reading the Bible, praying and finding a church that preaches God's Word.

You are putting to much on yourself. Enjoy benig a child of God and your new relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God always accepts someone who repents of his sins and genuinely commits to Jesus and His ways. A person's heart condition toward God can affect how he or she feels, although not everyone is affected that way.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8, 1984 NIV)

The spiritual war can affect how you feel, how crystallized or wishy-washy your thinking is, how stable your emotions are, how confused you are, how much peace vs. pain/emptiness you feel, how strong your convictions are in matters of faith, how strongly you feel committed to God, etc.

Both salvation and Life is through faith in God. That faith has some components: believing God is real, believing God's Son, Jesus died to pay for your sins, that Jesus rose from the dead and is alive, and that you have accepted Him has your Lord—the one who has the right to tell you what is right and wrong and hold you accountable for doing what is right.

It sounds like you have taken a step backwards in your unity with Jesus as your Lord, which is the wrong direction and very bad in the long-term (even if you are saved). The way to stop wondering about God is to obey His commands, because that is how He reveals Himself more and more to you. Your faith in Him grows—the most important thing in this life for every person.

who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. (1 Peter 1:5-7, 1984 NIV)

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6, 1984 NIV)

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Of course he'll forgive you! Pray to our Father. Ask Him to fill you with the Spirit of truth. Ask for Him to strengthen your right hand and ask for guidance. So long as you ask, seek His will and repent He will always forgive you.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It is wise to question ur belief and test the spirits. Also compare it against the Word.

Also, mature Christians apply to Heb 6 : 4 -6. So if you are not a mature christian who has willfully turned your back on Christ and the Holy Spirit...you are safe.

For a time, from my own personal experience...the Lord sometimes honors the space you have willfully or chosen to request.

Sometimes you cant feel Him...but train yourself to stay in the Word, in prayer and praise, assemble yourself one to another and continue to test the spirits that are bound to test you in this season.

Upvote 0