✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
:wave:

We don't do this in my current church, but a church I use to go to had testimony time every Sunday Night. I LOVED testimony time. . . people had such wonderful and unique testimonys. Some were BIG and some were little but none the less something that God had done for them.

So. . .please share any and all testimony's you have. Past and Present. I'll share some of mine later. . .my lunch break is up.

jump31.gif

I'm so excited. . .I just love testimony's of God's goodness

AChildOfGodWithIronFaith

i'm a princess. my Father is the King of Kings!!
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
✟282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My most recent testimony is a pretty great one...

I'm leaving for England on Friday. Sunday I was apprehensive about it. This is due to the fact that one of our host families in England is a wiccan. I've never really dealt with the occult before, so I was just stressing about what to say to this girl, and what I could tell others about Christ. I knew that I was going to England to witness, but I was scared that I wouldn't be able to do it. The enemy crept in and was making me doubt the powers of God.

Ever since I was a little girl I'd tell my mother that I would go to England. My mom used to pat me on the head and just nod and say, "Sure, sure," humoring her daughter's outrageous dreams. Then I finally got the opportunity to go to England. This is why I believe I am meant to go to England.

Anyway, Wednesday night I started praying after I got home from church about midnight. I was sitting on my porch with my Bible, just praying as hard as I could. I looked to the horizon and saw the moon rising over the hills. The Lord told me to look up "rise" in my concordance. Then He told me to look at this Scripture:

Isaiah 60:
1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
2 See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.
3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

18 No longer will violence be heard in your land,
nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
but you will call your walls Salvation
and your gates Praise.
19 The sun will no more be your light by day,
nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your God will be your glory.
20 Your sun will never set again,
and your moon will wane no more;
the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your days of sorrow will end.
21 Then will all your people be righteous
and they will possess the land forever.
They are the shoot I have planted,
the work of my hands,
for the display of my splendor.
22 The least of you will become a thousand,
the smallest a mighty nation.
I am the LORD ;
in its time I will do this swiftly."

That in itself was amazing to hear from God. But it gets better... Sunday morning I woke up, feeling oddly exhausted. I contemplated not going to church. I pushed through this feeling, and as soon as I got out of bed, I was fine. That was probably the enemy trying to deny me of God's confirmation. Sunday morning's service was great--and the message was greater. Our pastor preached on Isaiah 32:4
The mind of the rash will know and understand, and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear. She also went on to speak on Jeremiah. That's exactly how I was! Lord God, I cannot speak for I am but a child. God then told him how he would give him the words to speak, even though he was young.

Now I'm walking into this situation fully aware of the power I have with me in Christ Jesus. Praise the Lord!!! :bow:

God bless

Upvote 0

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I want to testify about how God can bring you through any situation. In Jan. 2002 the pland where I was working closed, I had no idea what I would do. I am the only one who works, it is just me and my wife that live here. I was scared, there are very few jobs in my town and my county has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state.

I decided to take the option of going back to college to get retrained and while I was doing that I would get paid TRA which is the same amount as unemployment. I know in some states unemployment is quite a large amount but in Bama its diddly LOL...anyway...I was afraid I would not be able to pay my bills but let me tell you, I have paid them and not ever done without anything I have needed GOD has provided everything! I mean I have been in awe sometimes how God has made a way. My tithes are taken care of and I attribute all of my needs being met to that fact. You give to God and he never fails to give back to you. I just want to say THANK YOU GOD!

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I shared this with Quaffer b4 via PM but I'll just post it here again. I shared it with my care group too and it went into the report, so I'll just paste it here:

Tongues, the Rest and Refreshing...

"He [ie me] is involved in the Armed Forces Day Parade on 1 July and has attended nine rehearsals so far. He thanked God for the clouds and breezes, which have made the long rehearsals under the hot sun bearable. On more than two occasions, there were even dark clouds and light rain!

But yesterday (Monday) was very hot, causing many participants to faint. During the noon rehearsal, when it was very hot, his stomach suddenly began to have an odd churning sensation (prob due to hunger).

His heartbeat increased and he had shortness of breath. His hands began to tremble and perspire a lot too. He had difficulty standing upright and began to bow a little, placing his left hand on his left knee to support and steady himself (not supposed to do that on parade). He also panicked a little and told God: “Oh Lord please, what’s happening?! I don’t want to faint!”

Then, he remembered his pastor saying in a recent sermon that praying in tongues lowers our blood pressure. So, he began to pray in tongues. A gentle breeze blew on his face and he was subsequently reminded that tongues is the “rest and refreshing”.

He continued praying in tongues. Strangely enough, the symptoms subsided and left as quickly as they came! Praise the Lord! He was able to stand upright again, breathe normally and finish the rehearsal with the march-past!

He also pointed out that while he did not succumb to the fainting spell, a sergeant in his contingent “went down”, plus many others in other contingents."

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
God is soooo good.
love20.gif
I just love Him sooooo much.

He's done so many things in my life. There are recent one's but one of my most treasured happened about 6 years ago.

I was working for a ministry where I was the reimbursement clerk for the ministry expenses. I would verify receipts as ministry expense and OK the ministry person to be reimbursed.

I had moved from Calif with this ministry and had sold my car before moving, thinking of course that it would be no problem to get another.

Well. . .one day after quite some time without a vehicle and having to depend on the bus system for rides, someone offered to sell me their car on monthly payments.

After discussing it with them, the payment they wanted were too high and I politely told them "thank you for the offer, but at this time it would not be wise for me to commit to something I cannot pay".

They proceeded to belittle me and tell me how foolish I was with my finances and why did'nt I use the brain that God gave me to figure out what to do. . .etc, etc, ect.

Of course neither one of them bothered to ask what I had already tried and what God had shown me to do.

Anyway, I went back to my desk feeling througly humiliated and trashed (yes, they were Christians). As I sat at my desk I began to open up the mail that had come in that day with reimbursements in them.

As I did so, I said to God, "how can they expect me to make those payments on a car when at the moment I don't even have money to buy a stamp" (referring to a bill on my desk I needed to mail, but I had no stamp and not even the 32 cents it cost).

At that very moment (I'm holding back the emotions even now as I tell this), as I opened up the paperwork inside the envelope I had just opened, a stamp fell out and landed right in front of me on the desk. (Ok I'm now emotional and I'm crying as I tell this).

I stared at it in stunned silence. . .I unfolded the piece of paper that it had come with and the only words written on it were "here is a stamp for you".

Needless to say, I cried for most the day. How good and gracious our God is. He was telling me that He was my provider and He would provide. And He has. . . in abundance.

Upvote 0

a'miepje

May 7, 2002
The Netherlands
Visit site
✟8,096.00
Faith
Christian
hey all, back from my vacation to portugal where I had a great time, enjoyed Gods creation (i luved the mountains and the beautifull beaches!!) and also read a bunch of books. feel really rested. Also had some good God-time, something ahppened which made me kinda feel panicked and couldnt really sleep and God just started talking to me and I realised again that He is in control and that I can just fall back into Daddys arms and trust Him and follow Him. God is amazing!!

I got lots of testimonies here is one that happened today.......... well actually God started working already months ago.

See I love worshipmusic and a few yrs ago i decided i wanted to learn to play guitar and all i ever played been worshipsongs (i just taught myself) and I would just spend time worshipping God in my room, just Him and me. I was to insecure to play in a group, like youthintercession group. Cuz of a comment someone made years ago I had this ungodly believe that I could not sing/keep tune. That with my struggles to sing and play at same time I would not dare to play and sing anywhere outside my room.
With time (and some lessons from a friend) i grew more confident in playing guitar, but did not like to sing out loud.

Then I went to do a school of ministry (a program, characterbuidling, heartsurgery, growing in ministrystuff) in Canada and God started working on me, showing me some ungodly believes I had. He made me step out in worshipstuff, wich wasnt easy but now I so see gods hand in all of it....

well guess what!! today together with a friend, we did the worship at church!! I played and even sang in the microphone (no solos tho except during sound check hehe). we had a whole band, me on guitar, someone on keys, someone on drums. It was so awesome! God was so there, it was so much fun. I was singing and playing away worshipping God and it was amazing to see people just getting into worship, meeting with God. Afterwards we had a lot of good feedback wich was very encouraging, but we give all Glory to God.

So awesome to look back over the last months and see what God has been doing in me.... :D Sometimes we have to go through some struggles and see the Truth about things, How God sees things, not how we see things, how we believe things.

God is so amazing!! \o/

Upvote 0

Kaye8

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
✟200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is my testimony on how I came to Christ:

I was born into a Christian family. We went to church every sunday and we were pretty involved in the church. Well I can't remember how old I was but I would say around 6 or 7 my parents decided to stop going to church. To this day I'm not quite sure but hope to find out. So I didn't go to church at all. Well we moved to Alabama when I entered 8th grade so I guess I was 13. I started going to church with my best friend but for all the wrong reasons. We didn't listen in Sunday school and we wrote notes during the sermon. When we came to church events we locked ourselves in a room with our friends and didnt participate in anything. The summer before my Junior year in highschool we went on a Mission Trip to Tampa. We had a speaker there and I don't know what happened but I guess what he said really stuck to me and I went outside and bust out crying. And right then and there I asked forgiveness from my friends from any past things that had happened in our friendships. I cried for a couple of hours that night and really felt God's presence with me. Well I still did not go back to church all that summer and the first couple of months of the school year. But then I met this guy who was my brother's best friend and we started talking one night and we got on the subject and God and church. I told him I had basically given up on God, I never felt like He was there or that I ever learned anything when I went to church (I wonder why). So he invited me to his youth group and after much nagging and persuading I relented and went. It was a really awesome youth group and they were really friendly to me. So I was just like ok when I don't have to work and don't have anything to do Wednesday nights I guess I'll go. But this time was different, every message I felt like was written to me. I asked off work on Wednesday nights and started attending every Wednesday. Everything was so real and personal, it was awesome. I started going there on Sundays too. Well we went on a retreat last December and we had this awesome speaker named Stepp Stevens. He told us all about his horrible life and how God had protected him through it even though he didn't believe in God then. He taught us alot of great stuff. That is when I accepted the Lord back into my life. I have been a steady grower ever since then. I now am also in a bible study every Thursday and am doing my own study on the Gospels. God has really been working in my life has guided me through many trials. It was not easy to tell my friends that I was no longer going to do the things they did for fun. I lost many friends but I feel like I got the better deal. Im heading into my senior year in a week and hope to do some awesome witnessing this year!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

a'miepje

May 7, 2002
The Netherlands
Visit site
✟8,096.00
Faith
Christian
See I love worshipmusic and a few yrs ago i decided i wanted to learn to play guitar and all i ever played been worshipsongs (i just taught myself) and I would just spend time worshipping God in my room, just Him and me. I was to insecure to play in a group, like youthintercession group. Cuz of a comment someone made years ago I had this ungodly believe that I could not sing/keep tune. That with my struggles to sing and play at same time I would not dare to play and sing anywhere outside my room.
With time (and some lessons from a friend) i grew more confident in playing guitar, but did not like to sing out loud.

Then I went to do a school of ministry (a program, characterbuidling, heartsurgery, growing in ministrystuff) in Canada and God started working on me, showing me some ungodly believes I had. He made me step out in worshipstuff, wich wasnt easy but now I so see gods hand in all of it....

well guess what!! today together with a friend, we did the worship at church!! I played and even sang in the microphone (no solos tho except during sound check hehe). we had a whole band, me on guitar, someone on keys, someone on drums. It was so awesome! God was so there, it was so much fun. I was singing and playing away worshipping God and it was amazing to see people just getting into worship, meeting with God. Afterwards we had a lot of good feedback wich was very encouraging, but we give all Glory to God.

So awesome to look back over the last months and see what God has been doing in me.... :D Sometimes we have to go through some struggles and see the Truth about things, How God sees things, not how we see things, how we believe things.

God is so amazing!! \o/

You know those times when God is doing stuff in your life and you think you got through it so you start to relax a bit and being comfertable again, testifying with ur (big lol) mouth and all, thinking ur there..........

AND then God comes and pulls you out of your comfortzone again.......

God called me tonight (lol ok it was the elder of my church but it was so God)

The guy that is supposed to lead worship sunday has a bad throathinfection and cant sing/lead. There is really no one else........ So they asked me since last week went so good........
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
So i said yes (how could i say no to God lol i wanted to but knew i had to say yeah)

But my friend and there like last week, she is on vacation, so now its really me......... and the rest of the team, but I have to leadsing

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

God is stretching me again, i feel like I am walking on water and the only thing thats keeping me from drowning is holding on to His hands and fixing my eyes on Him.
All I can do is just give myself over to Him. I know all will be great since God wont ask me to do something and then let me fall and make a fool of myself...... but God give me the strength lol

anyway if u read this please pray lol

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Okay this just happened yesterday:

Due to the warm weather and tiredness, had a bad headache after lunch yesterday. head was pounding. Still went for Bible study at church. Tried to nap on the seat a bit b4 service started. Pain was still there during Praise and Worship but asked God for healing earlier. But by the time service was over. Felt much better. Heahache was practically gone when service ended! Praise God.

BTW: My headaches dont just go away like that. Usu 2-3 days without medication. Not the first time either. I believe the annointing destroys the yoke!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

hal weeks

Jul 16, 2003
Coronado CA
Visit site
✟251.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
A Young Boy Healed Through a Prayer by Trans-Atlantic Telephone

*****Nickolas was six when the disease hit. The doctors at the Children's Hospital could not identify it. A worldwide medical e-mail search identified only four similar cases. In the meantime, the disease was eating it's way into Nicholas's brain. The doctors did not know how to stop it. Nick's mother was terrified. Her only hope was prayer. She prayed with Nickolas on her lap. Nickolas knew very little about Jesus, but he was extremely interested.

*****Nick became a shut-in. Bacteria were his enemies. He was not allowed out of the house. No school, no pets, no friends, no picnics.

*****Nick's family and friends started a multinational prayer circle. Then the first miracle occurred; the doctors identified the medicine they needed to fight this new disease. As a result, Nick became a research subject for the National Institute of Health. His treatment, including injections, required three hours a day. His mom never left his side. She bought him a computer which inspired Nickolas to e-mail fellow shut-ins. This led to the development of a foundation called Healing Kids Foundation which provided computers for kids in seven countries.*
(www.healing kids.org).

*****The family moved back to England for medical cost reasons. Then the second miracle occurred. Nickolas was introduced by phone to Hal Weeks, a Coronado, California, resident who has a healing ministry (www.howtoheal.org). Hal prayed with Nickolas, now age nine on the phone. Hal gave Nickolas a "prescription." It will not cost you anything, It has no adverse side affects, and you can't overdose it. say "thank you Jesus." The disease, which had blinded Nickolas in one eye, stopped. Three days later the London hospital could find no evidence of the disease. They reported this to the National Institutes of Health. The N.I.H. did not believe it and asked for Nickolas to go to the N.I.H. in Bethesda, Md. for further tests. They confirmed the London report. Miraculously, Nicholas' disease was gone.

*****The disease began in Nicholas four years ago. In January, 2002 The disease disappeared after Hal Weeks prayed --in the name of Jesus -- on the Transatlantic telephone with Nickolas.

*****He is now a healthy, happy, ten-year old, has a girl friend and heads a foundation serving seventy-seven children in seven countries. (Sort of a second miracle.)

*****He now goes to school, has a pet rabbit and is learning to play the piano. The Make a Wish Foundation has granted Nickolas his A wish .....to meet Robin Williams in Hollwood. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, God.

*****This was supplied by Clark Shelby. His email address is: cshel4u@aol.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Wonderful testimonies! I have enjoyed reading everyones.Along the lines with Andrew's testimony...I have felt horrible at times and thought no I won't go to church tonight and then I go ahead and go and afterward I feel so much better...so glad I went!!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I forgot to mention i had been suffering from dry eyes for a few days (can't figure out why) too. So during the praise & worship I just closed my eyes thruout to rest it and relieve the uncomfortable feeling, messaging it every now and then.

during the preaching half way through, I realised it got better and I could actually see better without straining. Things like the screen seemed brighter.

It got better and better and today(2 days later) its gone!

I always believe that going to church or to care group where there's a more powerful corporate annointing (as opposed to staying alone at home) tends to cause the breakthrough leading to recovery! Praise God!

Upvote 0

Judilyn

Once Ej or Erin-Joy now Judilyn or Lynn .
Aug 2, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just found this forum last night and I have been really enjoying hearing about what God is doing in the midst of his people!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Anyway he sure has done an awesome work in my life. Born and raised on the south side of Chicago by the time I was 12 I was the most disrespectful, sinful person that you would ever want to meet. I was raised in a Christian family and was saved at age 8 but I turned away at age 12 and decided it was more fun to be bad. By the time I was 15 I was in to drugs, PG at 16, for a person who was raised in "good Home" I would have sooner beat someones head in the ground than reason with them. I was invloved with hate crimes by 17, by 18 had dealt with numerous sexually transmited infections and by 19 had a cocaine habit.
So I said all that to say this. I praise God :bow: everyday for pulling out of the pit that I was trapped in. I rededicated my life to him at age 28. I AM ON FIRE AND SERVE HIM WITH MY WHOLE HEART as well as my husband and my children too.

I am so happy to have found this forum :D

(((Blessings)))))
EJ

Upvote 0

a'miepje

May 7, 2002
The Netherlands
Visit site
✟8,096.00
Faith
Christian
:D PTL EJ awesome testimony!

well today i led worship at my church and it was so good. It wasnt perfect and things sometimes didnt go smootly but thats ok because God was so there and people were drawn into worship and thats what its about. it was scary to step out but I totally see the hand of God in that and He is so sweet :D \o/

Upvote 0