Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I shared this in another place and thought I would share it here.

Many years ago, when I was quite young in the faith, I went to a church where they had prayer ministry. When they prayed with me, one of them told me prophetically that I had the gift/ministry of healing. I didn't really pay much attention to this over the years, but there are some things that have happened during my life which make me wonder whether God has indeed called me to serve in this way.

Firstly, I write music. I write it because I enjoy doing it - it makes me happy and I can spend all hours of the day doing it without getting bored. What I write is not everyone's "cup of tea". People either like it or they loathe it - everyone has their own preference in music taste. However, there are certain groups of people who seem to like it the most. People who are hurting or have lost hope. People who have serious life-limiting illnesses. These people have told me that the music has touched them in some deep way. Some of them have told me that it has helped them to draw closer to God. Others have told me it has helped them through a very difficult time.

For many years, I worked in the same company and never believed that my life would ever change. It was the same routine, day in and day out. It paid the bills and kept my finances afloat - and for that I will always be grateful. But in the mid 2000's, there was a very sudden and unexpected change in my circumstances and I ended up on a course in Adult Nursing. I can't even remember exactly what it was that made me choose this career, but for years now, I have been working with people with all kinds of illnesses and infirmities.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I shared this in another place and thought I would share it here.

Many years ago, when I was quite young in the faith, I went to a church where they had prayer ministry. When they prayed with me, one of them told me prophetically that I had the gift/ministry of healing. I didn't really pay much attention to this over the years, but there are some things that have happened during my life which make me wonder whether God has indeed called me to serve in this way.

Firstly, I write music. I write it because I enjoy doing it - it makes me happy and I can spend all hours of the day doing it without getting bored. What I write is not everyone's "cup of tea". People either like it or they loathe it - everyone has their own preference in music taste. However, there are certain groups of people who seem to like it the most. People who are hurting or have lost hope. People who have serious life-limiting illnesses. These people have told me that the music has touched them in some deep way. Some of them have told me that it has helped them to draw closer to God. Others have told me it has helped them through a very difficult time.

For many years, I worked in the same company and never believed that my life would ever change. It was the same routine, day in and day out. It paid the bills and kept my finances afloat - and for that I will always be grateful. But in the mid 2000's, there was a very sudden and unexpected change in my circumstances and I ended up on a course in Adult Nursing. I can't even remember exactly what it was that made me choose this career, but for years now, I have been working with people with all kinds of illnesses and infirmities.
I always think of David and the power of his music to soothe Saul. I am sure that your music is part of your healing ministry.
God bless :)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I always think of David and the power of his music to soothe Saul. I am sure that your music is part of your healing ministry.
God bless :)
Yes! God bless 'Anthony' and may God continue to bless you in your music and nursing and healing ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.