Testimonies for the Lord

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
One thing I rediscovered last night during my time of prayer was not just how tender and gentle is the love of God towards us, but how extremely patient He is.

As a very young child, the earliest memories I have of my natural father, before he died, was that he would carry me on his back for miles across the city. Sometimes it was late at night, or the weather would be wet and stormy. Very often I would be tired and he would be listening to me crying and moaning all through the journey. Sometimes I lost bladder control while he was still carrying me on his back. He was a man who suffered very much and was in a lot of pain. But he never scalded me, raised his voice, or said an unkind word. He could have made things easier for himself by putting me down and making me walk the rest of the way, but he insisted on carrying me all the way and never let go until we reached our destination. He made sure that I was protected and that I was safe.

God is our perfect heavenly father who doesn't stop loving us when we disobey him, choose to do things our own way, or when we grumble and complain. If we have let him down ten, hundred or thousand times, when we come to him and admit we are wrong, we are not met anger, judgement or indignation. We are met with love. And very often when we look back and ask ourselves where God was when we got ourselves into a difficult predicament, we find that he was there all the time, calling us, and trying to get our attention.

For the past few weeks, I have not really spent any time in prayer talking to God. I have become very tired and distracted by a lot of things. I felt drawn to spending time in prayer last night and was a bit apprehensive on what He might have to say to me, or even whether he would say anything to me at all!

I felt him speak to me, showing me scriptures, that he is indeed our very kind, merciful and extremely patient Heavenly Father who loves us despite our failings and imperfections.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One thing I rediscovered last night during my time of prayer was not just how tender and gentle is the love of God towards us, but how extremely patient He is.

As a very young child, the earliest memories I have of my natural father, before he died, was that he would carry me on his back for miles across the city. Sometimes it was late at night, or the weather would be wet and stormy. Very often I would be tired and he would be listening to me crying and moaning all through the journey. Sometimes I lost bladder control while he was still carrying me on his back. He was a man who suffered very much and was in a lot of pain. But he never scalded me, raised his voice, or said an unkind word. He could have made things easier for himself by putting me down and making me walk the rest of the way, but he insisted on carrying me all the way and never let go until we reached our destination. He made sure that I was protected and that I was safe.

God is our perfect heavenly father who doesn't stop loving us when we disobey him, choose to do things our own way, or when we grumble and complain. If we have let him down ten, hundred or thousand times, when we come to him and admit we are wrong, we are not met anger, judgement or indignation. We are met with love. And very often when we look back and ask ourselves where God was when we got ourselves into a difficult predicament, we find that he was there all the time, calling us, and trying to get our attention.

For the past few weeks, I have not really spent any time in prayer talking to God. I have become very tired and distracted by a lot of things. I felt drawn to spending time in prayer last night and was a bit apprehensive on what He might have to say to me, or even whether he would say anything to me at all!

I felt him speak to me, showing me scriptures, that he is indeed our very kind, merciful and extremely patient Heavenly Father who loves us despite our failings and imperfections.
That was so encouraging to read, bless you

Upvote 0