✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
He shows His Goodness every day!
There have been some situations over the past week where I needed some wisdom and guidance. I asked the Lord to guide me and he has certainly given me His help! Whenever you pray and trust the Lord with a little, it inspires you to trust Him with more and more. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is His faithfulness!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There have been some situations over the past week where I needed some wisdom and guidance. I asked the Lord to guide me and he has certainly given me His help! Whenever you pray and trust the Lord with a little, it inspires you to trust Him with more and more. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is His faithfulness!
Wonderful testimony,Anthony

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
More than any time in my life, I am enjoying the simple joy of having God as father, Abba Father. I have thrown away my old ways of thinking and embraced a simple child-like faith. I do not need to struggle to know everything, but the simple assurance that I am His and He is mine.

Father, I am your child. Day by day, draw me close to the nearness of your love. Let me share with you my anxieties and concerns, my happiness and sadness, my hopes and dreams. Let me live a life that pleases you and gives you joy. As you hold me in your arms and rejoice over me with singing, let me share that song with others, so they will come to know you as their perfect, loving heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
More than any time in my life, I am enjoying the simple joy of having God as father, Abba Father. I have thrown away my old ways of thinking and embraced a simple child-like faith. I do not need to struggle to know everything, but the simple assurance that I am His and He is mine.

Father, I am your child. Day by day, draw me close to the nearness of your love. Let me share with you my anxieties and concerns, my happiness and sadness, my hopes and dreams. Let me live a life that pleases you and gives you joy. As you hold me in your arms and rejoice over me with singing, let me share that song with others, so they will come to know you as their perfect, loving heavenly Father.
I pray this prayer with you,dear brother!

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beautifully put!

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
We all have the times where we wonder why it seems that others are experiencing the Lord's blessings and we feel a little a bit left out, only to recognise that God has something special for us.

A number of years, I attended an evening service which was well attended with people. There was a time of praise and worship led by the music group. People were sharing testimonies, prayers, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit were very much active in the service - people's lives being touched in many different ways.

I sat through the service, found it very hard to worship and felt I was the one that had been left out. I had been feeling very stressed and anxious all week and found it very difficult to pray. While everyone else was benefiting, I felt I was the odd-one-out. I thought it was fine that God was helping everyone else, maybe it wasn't "my time".

At the end of the service, people were being called for prayer ministry. I decided to stay in my seat, close my eyes and pray quietly. The curate was walking around the church sitting and chatting with individuals and offering to pray with them. She came up to me and spoke some very brief words to me while I still had my eyes closed.

"Jesus loves you" she said. Simple words, which I have heard repeated over and over again in the past and almost accepted for granted. However it was different this time. The words touched me in a very deep way. The best way to describe it was that at that moment, it felt that the chains of anxiety and fear had been completely loosened and I felt free. I remember going to the back of the church where they served tea and coffee. I was so aware of the Spirit of God - I felt at complete peace, and that no matter what happened I was safe and secure.

I remember leaving the church and walking back along the path to the college where I was living. So many times that week I had walked along the path with a feeling of heaviness and anxious thoughts troubling me all the time. That night I was aware that the sense of heaviness was no longer there, I felt light as a feather and full of joy!

Upvote 0