United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
not to mention the battery etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
What would the vacuum of space do to a battery? Would it do anything to it?

I get the question about the tires, if they have air in them, it would expand and cause them to burst (possibly, I don't know if that would happen for sure) but what would a battery do?

My guess is they probably removed the batteries before launch as it would have been a waste to put a charged battery on a car that was going into space.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would the vacuum of space do to a battery? Would it do anything to it?

I get the question about the tires, if they have air in them, it would expand and cause them to burst (possibly, I don't know if that would happen for sure) but what would a battery do?

My guess is they probably removed the batteries before launch as it would have been a waste to put a charged battery on a car that was going into space.

according to these liars it powered the cars sound system which played the Bowie song ....

according to the NASA liars liquids boil in space and because also according to them it is a vacuum ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
according to these liars it powered the cars sound system which played the Bowie song ....
So? What makes you think the battery wouldn't work in space?

according to the NASA liars liquids boil in space seeing it is a vacuum ...
NASA already figured out a long time ago how to make batteries that can withstand the vacuum of space since all satellites and spacecraft need something to store the power their solar cells generate.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So? What makes you think the battery wouldn't work in space?

NASA already figured out a long time ago how to make batteries that can withstand the vacuum of space since all satellites and spacecraft need something to store the power their solar cells generate.

its not what i think but what these NASA scientist contradict themselves by saying ...

according to Elon Musk no changes where made to the car at all ...

it is obvious you do no research of your own but just go along with the narrative you are fed by the media ...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
its not what i think but what these NASA scientist contradict themselves by saying ...

according to Elon Musk no changes where made to the car at all ...
Elon Musk does not work for NASA. SpaceX is a private company.

Now could you please answer my question?

What makes you so certain batteries won't work or can't be designed to work in the vacuum of space?

it is obvious you do no research of your own but just go along with the narrative you are fed by the media ...
What you guys call "research" usually amounts to nothing more than watching YouTube videos. What actual, academic research have you done in the fields of space travel, rocketry, battery and automotive technology, videography and computer generated graphics?

I'm no expert in any of those fields so I have no basis to doubt the people who are experts.

I just find the people actually launching the rockets into space to be a bit more credible than some random person on the internet telling me to doubt them.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elon Musk does not work for NASA. SpaceX is a private company.

Now could you please answer my question?

What makes you so certain batteries won't work or can't be designed to work in the vacuum of space?

What you guys call "research" usually amounts to nothing more than watching YouTube videos. What actual, academic research have you done in the fields of space travel, rocketry, battery and automotive technology, videography and computer generated graphics?

I'm no expert in any of those fields so I have no basis to doubt the people who are experts.

I just find the people actually launching the rockets into space to be a bit more credible than some random person on the internet telling me to doubt them.

you are simply lazy and want me to explain things you are too lazy to find things out for yourself ... sorry but i do not have the time

Elon Musk said so himself in an interview that no changes were made to this car which is his own personnel car which he drove ...

now go find that interview ... happy hunting

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you are simply lazy and want me to explain things you are too lazy to find things out for yourself ... sorry but i do not have the time
You call me lazy yet you make no attempt to even carry on the conversation.

No, you seem to be certain the batteries would have done something being in space. What do you think would happen to the batteries in space? I'm not asking you to research anything for me, I'm asking for your personal opinion.

I'm no expert but I don't think batteries would do anything in space. You apparently disagree with that. I'm asking why.

Elon Musk said so himself in an interview that no changes were made to this car which is his own personnel car which he drove ...
Yes, I saw the interview. What of it? He said the car was never meant to last long up there, they just needed a weight to test the rocket and he offered up his car instead the usual uninteresting dummy payloads they've used in the past simply because they could.

now go find that interview ... happy hunting
No, I'd rather continue this discussion with you, if that's alright. You seem evasive for some reason.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Deflated prior to launch?

Nope. The Vatican controlled Illuminati-Mason-Rothschild-Reptoid Alliance. They want to eat our brains (but they aren't unreasonable, I mean no one's going to eat our eyes).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

according to the NASA liars liquids boil in space and because also according to them it is a vacuum ...

Water boils in space because of the lack of pressure... unless it's in a pressurized environment like a spacecraft or a battery housing.

It's been known that Ni-Cad and Lithium Ion batteries work well in space for years.
Space batteries! :: NASA Space Place
>> information last updated more than 7 years ago <<

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Pop (so to speak) quiz.

What is typical tire pressure in PSI?
What is atmospheric pressure in PSI?
What is the burst pressure of a tire in PSI?

Answers:
30-35 PSI
15 PSI
200 PSI
Tire pressure: Around 32 psi
Atmospheric pressure at sea level: Around 14 psi
Burst Pressure: Around 200 psi

Result: They're nowhere near the bursting pressure of a tire in a total vacuum. Unless they SERIOUSLY over-inflated them prior to launch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums