SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Reddit Restricts Pro-Trump Community Because of Threats
Reddit limited access to a forum popular with supporters of President Trump on Wednesday, saying that its users had violated rules prohibiting content that incites violence.

Visitors to the subreddit The_Donald were greeted Wednesday with a warning that the section had been “quarantined” and asking if they still wanted to enter.

Site administrators said that users of the online community had made threats against police officers and public officials.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I think the sad part is that a black kid asserting his constitutional rights is considered a greater threat then people immersing themselves in a social media bubble who make threats toward government. Terrorists like this have already attacked in Oklahoma... but I forgot, it's okay, they're white men, and it's hard to scrutinize the status quo when you're used to simply getting your way. The moment someone peacefully protests, they call for their head, but when it's someone that looks like them, they don't see a discrepancy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I just took a look over there and it appears that their collective persecution complex is on overdrive.

I don't think I'd have the stomach to go look over there on a good day.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't think I'd have the stomach to go look over there on a good day.

-CryptoLutheran
My friend checks them occasionally. Whenever something is really bad for the president, they start scream about Seth Rich or some other crazy conspiracy theory.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
A pro-Trump subreddit is full of calls for violence in support of Oregon Republicans
Users on “The_Donald,” a prominent subreddit for supporters of President Donald Trump, have repeatedly issued calls for violence in response to Oregon’s governor calling for law enforcement to bring back Republican state senators who fled the state so the state senate wouldn't have the quorum to pass climate change action. Despite Reddit’s policy barring content that “encourages, glorifies, incites, or calls for violence or physical harm,” users have posted messages claiming that violence is “the only way we're going to get any peace in our lives” and that it’s “good” to “threaten violence,” have urged others to “stock upon that ammo,” and have written that they would "help" with "shooting a cop trying to strip rights from Citizens.”

Upvote 0