LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It has the hallmarks of an Islamic terror attack because it's exactly how ISIS told its members to attack, and it's the same kind of attack that happened in Nice, France and at Ohio State University.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The stabbed police officer died of his injuries. 4 dead and 20 people injured. The man who was shot by police looks Muslim (the way his beard is cut) and has been named by some sources as Abu Izzadeen (a Muslim hate preacher). It is one year since the Brussels attack.

The Telegraph on Twitter

Pax Vobiscum on Twitter

#Westminster #PrayForLondon

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The stabbed police officer died of his injuries. 4 dead and 20 people injured. The man who was shot by police looks Muslim (the way his beard is cut) and has been named by some sources as Abu Izzadeen (a Muslim hate preacher). It is one year since the Brussels attack.

The Telegraph on Twitter

Pax Vobiscum on Twitter

#Westminster #PrayForLondon

the Independent has now also named the killer as Abu Izzadeen but his Wikipedia entry has been edited to exclude the information previously posted there.

UK

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I see we're playing the Let's Assume The Attacker Is A Muslim game here too
Given similarities to what's happened on the continent, assuming is not wholly unwarranted.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Given similarities to what's happened on the continent, assuming is not wholly unwarranted.

It probably will be an Islamic terrorist attack, but I'm sure people can wait at least 12 hours before going on another by-the-numbers rant about Islam.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,518.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

There are a couple of reasons why I object to presumptions like this.

I've Irish background, and if my circs were a little different, a few decades ago it could have been me getting profiled and immediately having everyone jump to blame my nationality for whatever was going wrong in society, given that there were Irish terrorists attacking the UK. (Probably also why I'm a Blair fan in some respects, given his work on sorting Northern Ireland out. All the people, Corbynites in particular, that want to call him a warmonger because of Iraq don't balance it out with the peace he helped bring to NI).

Also, I think there is an important balance to walk in discussing these issues. I think part of the reason we are seeing more things like the travel bans etc is because Islam as a set of beliefs is not being scrutinised sufficiently. I think we really need another wave of critique of the sort that the new atheists brought a decade ago, more directed at Islam. However, a lot of the talk of Islam has gone down the road of proposing we actively deny Muslims in our countries their basic rights. I think the weary/angry presumption that this must be another Islamic attacker is both a symptom and a cause of the problems we are seeing in society regarding Islam. We have to criticise the ideas while protecting the rights of the people. That's a hard path to take, it is basically a war on two fronts. Unsurprisingly, some have opted to eschew either defence of rights or criticism of bad ideas.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Religion of peace.
Propaganda of lies.
Western media typically fears using the M word . Our former president couldn't even utter the words, Muslim terrorist.
Instead, he decided a Muslim psychotic who attacked our troops at Fort Hood was easily dismissed by using the term, work place violence. Anything to distract from the act itself.

This assault proves gun ban's in the UK did no good to protect people. But guns did stop this terrorist from killing more unarmed innocent people.
A certain segment of society is all about tolerance for everything bad. But for truth they've no stomach for it.
If these attackers turn out to be Muslims I wonder what the members of that segment of society will say then? Or shall they remain quiet. Or perhaps they'll say this is a rare example of extremism. Only because they weren't in the vicinity of that speeding SUV. Or the blade of that knife.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brown, has beard - you know, Muslim /s

The kind of beard a Muslim has is the one a Muslim has. This beard seems to be an example if you need to check styles.

The BBC just showed an interview with the police. Police have now said that their working assumption is Islamic terrorism and that they knew the identity of the attacker. It seems to be a safe assumption that the man had some kind of connections with Islamic terrorism.

"“We think we know who the attacker is,” Acting Deputy Commissioner & national lead for Counter Terrorism Policing Mark Rowley said but stated that they were not willing to divulge the assailant’s name at this time, though they did admit that it “Islamic terrorism is our assumption.” From RT Today

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Propaganda of lies.
Western media typically fears using the M word . Our former president couldn't even utter the words, Muslim terrorist.
Instead, he decided a Muslim psychotic who attacked our troops at Fort Hood was easily dismissed by using the term, work place violence. Anything to distract from the act itself.

This assault proves gun ban's in the UK did no good to protect people. But guns did stop this terrorist from killing more unarmed innocent people.
A certain segment of society is all about tolerance for everything bad. But for truth they've no stomach for it.
If these attackers turn out to be Muslims I wonder what the members of that segment of society will say then? Or shall they remain quiet. Or perhaps they'll say this is a rare example of extremism. Only because they weren't in the vicinity of that speeding SUV. Or the blade of that knife.

Guns are no defence against a car. This man walked up to armed officers and stabbed 3 of them so not sure having a gun is much of a defence against a surprise attack also. But guns used by the proper authorities did eliminate this threat in the end

Upvote 0