• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Terrified

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by WarriorAngel, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Did you ever get that...wiggly gut feeling that you jumped into something and knew it was a risk?

But went and did it anyway, and even though every ounce inside you is petrified?

Well, I just applied for a small business loan; to which I am scared.

I have been thinking about doing this for 2 years.
    I had some business in college, and know the risks.

What I really need is some prayers that I succeed. AND that my success is immediate.

I got to tell you....I am scared.

But I am also scared of rejection.... as well as doing this all alone. :crossrc:

Please...pray for me. [Is St Jude the Saint for this?]

I do want to have a decent income, and be able to employ ppl in my area. As well as have muy kids with me while I work. [They can even help me]

IS there anyone at all who knows how this feels, and will be able to help me if I need it? :eek:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. PassthePeace1

PassthePeace1 CARO CARDO SALUTIS

+643
    Catholic
    Married
    What type of business do you want to start?

3. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,681
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't have any advice or anything but you do have my prayers. :crossrc:

4. NDIrish

NDIrish Senior Veteran

+287
    Catholic
    Married
    Yes, I believe St. Peter knew how you felt when he was told to come to Christ, by walking on the water. :)

Do this for Christ. Offer him your work every day, and you too will walk on water.

5. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    I am opening a surplus outlet type store, since I know so many folks around here dont have a lot of cash...they also have the high gas prices, so I am closer than a one hour drive to a mall...
    And I want ppl to be able to work to support their families.

Also, I do so much want enough money to be able to do charity.

Thanks for the prayers...

Also, ND, thats a good one. Will try to remember not to fall when the fear becomes to great.

I cannot believe I did this...and I am really scared.
    Whew..I hope I get help and dont fail. :cry:

6. KC Catholic

KC Catholic Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A

+76
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    :crossrc:

"Be not afraid". Step out in faith and prayer. We have a micro business (catering) and its very difficult. But when we have a big order we just thank God and pray for another one. Its not our sole source of income -yet- but in time I can see it blossoming.

I dont have any special advice other than to pray and know that it will be a roller coaster ride from the start, but the roller coaster is always more fun that riding the merry-go-round. ;)

:pray:

7. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Thanks KC. I will pray also for you.

8. stivvy

stivvy Senior Veteran

+437
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    You will do great, just put money aside for the taxes, and liability insurance and be fair. Also, many will approach you to be a business sponsor of things, so do only what you can.

Write a business plan and review it quarterly. Creat a 1, 3 and 5 year plan and keep up with them. Keep yourself on a schedule and targets and hold yourself accountable to meetin gthose targets and when you don't take the steps needed to fix it.

OK, there is my 2 cents and from here on out, my prayers are with you and you may contact me anytime for more advice, like writing business processes.

Later Tater!

9. Victrixa

Victrixa Dear Lord have mercy on me!

+414
    Christian
    Married
    Hi my sister,

If you've had this on your heart for quite some time, it's probably because this is God's will for you.

Maybe we can support each other as I want to start my own business (or even businesses myself). And wish to employ people as well sometime in the future.

I've had the ideas in my mind and heart for quite a few years now also. God is about to push me to start, lol! I've been scared too but there is also God's timing.

Praying for you.

10. stivvy

stivvy Senior Veteran

+437
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    :thumbsup: Oh yeah, open your day with prayer with your employees. :crossrc: :groupray:

11. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Thank you so much folks.

Right now I am on tether hooks waiting to see if I am approved for the loan.
    Of which case...:( my heart will be broken.

Victrixa, I finally said 'I am going for it, and I better do it while I am thinking about it.'

Although I have checked out prices for everything I need....

Doesnt make my nerves stop jingling.
    I hope you do it. :)

12. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private

:) Where I work now, I have been praying for her business to improve.
    Although I only work there...I still want her to succeed.

She is a nervous wreck most of the time..so daily I pray the rosary alone, for that and many other intentions.

It would be cool to have Christians work with me.
    I am hoping I can afford salaries and stuff.

13. stivvy

stivvy Senior Veteran

+437
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    I have attended workshops in my area by a group called Marketplace Solutions. They are a christian group who help businesses realize God in their business. Great concept! To work for the glory of God and testify His message in your business and through your business ethics and attitude.

Lots of good ideas from the group.

14. hsilgne

hsilgne Frustrated in Hooterville.

+1,209
    Catholic
    Married
    I know the feeling WA!

We're in our 16th year of operation now... trust in Him and He WILL provide.

Stivvy's advice about planning is bang on. You need to have a map so you know where you want to go and how to get there.

Mind you, my map is located on the seat of my pants usually but.... anywho.;)

15. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Well, my boss is firing me since she found out, and has decided she wont rent her building ...
    Because the loan is processing so fast.

So.......

Pray for me. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.