Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Did you ever get that...wiggly gut feeling that you jumped into something and knew it was a risk?

But went and did it anyway, and even though every ounce inside you is petrified?

Well, I just applied for a small business loan; to which I am scared.

I have been thinking about doing this for 2 years.
I had some business in college, and know the risks.

What I really need is some prayers that I succeed. AND that my success is immediate.

I got to tell you....I am scared.

But I am also scared of rejection.... as well as doing this all alone. :crossrc:

Please...pray for me. [Is St Jude the Saint for this?]

I do want to have a decent income, and be able to employ ppl in my area. As well as have muy kids with me while I work. [They can even help me]

IS there anyone at all who knows how this feels, and will be able to help me if I need it? :o

Reactions: Kepha

NDIrish

Senior Veteran
Oct 8, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟13,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you ever get that...wiggly gut feeling that you jumped into something and knew it was a risk?

But went and did it anyway, and even though every ounce inside you is petrified?

Well, I just applied for a small business loan; to which I am scared.

I have been thinking about doing this for 2 years.
I had some business in college, and know the risks.

What I really need is some prayers that I succeed. AND that my success is immediate.

I got to tell you....I am scared.

But I am also scared of rejection.... as well as doing this all alone. :crossrc:

Please...pray for me. [Is St Jude the Saint for this?]

I do want to have a decent income, and be able to employ ppl in my area. As well as have muy kids with me while I work. [They can even help me]

IS there anyone at all who knows how this feels, and will be able to help me if I need it? :o
Yes, I believe St. Peter knew how you felt when he was told to come to Christ, by walking on the water. :)

Do this for Christ. Offer him your work every day, and you too will walk on water.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am opening a surplus outlet type store, since I know so many folks around here dont have a lot of cash...they also have the high gas prices, so I am closer than a one hour drive to a mall...
And I want ppl to be able to work to support their families.

Also, I do so much want enough money to be able to do charity.

Thanks for the prayers...

Also, ND, thats a good one. Will try to remember not to fall when the fear becomes to great.

I cannot believe I did this...and I am really scared.
Whew..I hope I get help and dont fail. :cry:

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:crossrc:

"Be not afraid". Step out in faith and prayer. We have a micro business (catering) and its very difficult. But when we have a big order we just thank God and pray for another one. Its not our sole source of income -yet- but in time I can see it blossoming.

I dont have any special advice other than to pray and know that it will be a roller coaster ride from the start, but the roller coaster is always more fun that riding the merry-go-round. ;)

:pray:

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
You will do great, just put money aside for the taxes, and liability insurance and be fair. Also, many will approach you to be a business sponsor of things, so do only what you can.

Write a business plan and review it quarterly. Creat a 1, 3 and 5 year plan and keep up with them. Keep yourself on a schedule and targets and hold yourself accountable to meetin gthose targets and when you don't take the steps needed to fix it.

OK, there is my 2 cents and from here on out, my prayers are with you and you may contact me anytime for more advice, like writing business processes.

Later Tater!

Upvote 0

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my sister,

If you've had this on your heart for quite some time, it's probably because this is God's will for you.

Maybe we can support each other as I want to start my own business (or even businesses myself). And wish to employ people as well sometime in the future.

I've had the ideas in my mind and heart for quite a few years now also. God is about to push me to start, lol! I've been scared too but there is also God's timing.

Praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so much folks.

Right now I am on tether hooks waiting to see if I am approved for the loan.
Of which case...:( my heart will be broken.

Victrixa, I finally said 'I am going for it, and I better do it while I am thinking about it.'

Although I have checked out prices for everything I need....

Doesnt make my nerves stop jingling.
I hope you do it. :)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup: Oh yeah, open your day with prayer with your employees. :crossrc: :groupray:

:) Where I work now, I have been praying for her business to improve.
Although I only work there...I still want her to succeed.

She is a nervous wreck most of the time..so daily I pray the rosary alone, for that and many other intentions.

It would be cool to have Christians work with me.
I am hoping I can afford salaries and stuff.

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I have attended workshops in my area by a group called Marketplace Solutions. They are a christian group who help businesses realize God in their business. Great concept! To work for the glory of God and testify His message in your business and through your business ethics and attitude.

Lots of good ideas from the group.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know the feeling WA!

We're in our 16th year of operation now... trust in Him and He WILL provide.

Stivvy's advice about planning is bang on. You need to have a map so you know where you want to go and how to get there.

Mind you, my map is located on the seat of my pants usually but.... anywho.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.