• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Terrified of mark of beast

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia' started by Bipolargirl, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+128
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    ok.
    So I’m terrified of the mark.
    I’m scared because I’m confused.
    People say it’s a chip in your hand (even if it’s not the mark, im never getting that thing), biometric IDs/drivers licenses/passports, or Sunday worship, or a tattoo (which I would never get), or something not even visible.
    It makes me scared to the point I can’t think about anything else
    I just know that if I do see it in my lifetime, I would die before I get it.
    I just don’t know how to calm myself down about it.
    I suppose it’s because I don’t know if it’s already implemented...or if I’m already marked without realizing it.
    Doesn’t the Antichrist and false prophet have to arrive before the mark of the beast start?
    I’m scared

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Have you travelled outside of USA?
    I ask because frequently the process involves processing your e-passport then, then photographing you and the whole thing is stored in a database. Does that sit OK with you?

In any case - if you feel scared over a certain issue then fine, avoid it, if that's practical to do. If its not practical then work with a counsellor to help you through the issue.

3. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+485
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    You can't receive the mark without worshiping the beast first. It will be a physical mark.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  4. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+128
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I already have a passport...I’m just scared it might be the mark. But you don’t need a passport to buy or sell so it doesn’t make much sense why people think that’s the mark

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Yes I agree - your passport is fine. I wouldn't be concerned - though I can feel you are distressed about the Mark. You sound like you are a good person. You don't sound like you're a person following Satan. Try to take comfort in that because that verse is really saying.... 'those of you following Satan will be identified' -whether that's a physical thing or not is irrelavent.

You are not following Satan.... have a chat with your counsellor or pastor :)

6. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+3,635
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    According to all the commentary in the bible regarding the "mark of the beast", in order to accept that mark one would have to worship the image of the beast. Worshipping the image of the beast is not a thing someone can be "fooled" into doing. It's not something that can be "slipped in" on you. You have to knowingly and deliberately worship some thing that isn't God.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+1,511
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yes.

Not only that, but there has to be a Jewish temple built in Jerusalem. There are a lot of things that have to happen first, before the mark of the beast becomes a reality.

If you are looking for Jesus, you are not even going to be here when all that mark of the beast stuff takes place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Zetetica

Zetetica Well-Known Member

+241
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    2Ti 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  9. martymonster

martymonster Veteran

+191
    Non-Denom
    Married

At least you are willing to admit that you're confused. That's a good start. The mark of the beast is not a physical thing at all. It's not a barcode or a microchip or Sunday instead or Saturday, or any of the other theories that people come up with. It's a spiritual mark. Your actions and your thought reveal whether you have the mark of the beast, or not. That is why it is on your forehead or on you right hand. Having the mark of the beast, is all about being deceived by the Whore of Babylon. She will have you to believe that you are worshipping God, when really, you are worshipping the beast.

10. Erik Nelson

Erik Nelson Well-Known Member Supporter

+851
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    If somebody steps off of a building gravity takes over and they fall. If somebody seriously needs medication and they don't take it biology takes over and they get sick.

The Devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness. To put his life on the line in the hopes that God would intervene miraculously to save him. Jesus said never to put God into the test... Don't try to make God's life. Difficult and force God to do supernatural things, when you yourself can avoid the issue naturally on Earth.

Luke was a physician. Medicine is not an inherent evil. Anything can be used for good or ill. Think that God is more interested in the spiritual mindset behind our actions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,154
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    MOD HAT ON

Please stay on topic

[​IMG]

Please remember to stay on topic

Please stay on topic to the original discussion. If you want to discuss something else, please make a new thread.

MOD HAT OFF

12. ColoRaydo

ColoRaydo Member

+117
    Lutheran
    Married
    This thread is disturbing.

First of all it devolved into private discussions on opinions which essentially hijacked her initial plea for help and information.

Secondly, it has furthered irrational fears and conspiracy theories about passports and credit card chips - all of which are absurdly false.

Third, no one, especially Christians, will accidentally take the mark of the beast. It will be an intentional act of worshiping the Antichrist who is not here yet. Does any Christian with an ounce of faith believe they can love and worship God and somehow God will let them be tricked into taking the mark of the beast? Is God not taking care of us? Is your faith in the power of God or in the powers of deception?

Last - under no circumstances should anyone give or take medical or pharmacological advice from anyone on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc Eternal life is a free gift. Amen. Supporter

+2,192
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's my opinion that receiving the mark of the beast is just something that's impossible for a Christian to do. Why? Because Jesus promised eternal life to those who follow him. Eternal life cannot be eternal if someone loses their salvation by receiving the mark of the beast. Plus Christ promised to not lose one single believer. So... Yeah there's that. Not to mention to receive the mark of the beast you kinda have to worship the beast which is something a Christian wouldn't do. Not to mention the chances of the beast and the anti Christ to be revealed in your lifetime are slim to none. Odds are the end times are hundreds if not thousands of years away. Because signs were showing about the end times ever since Christ died 2,000 years ago. So yeah... I wouldn't worry about it.

14. Cnnsdc63

Cnnsdc63 New Member

+28
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Jesus Christ is my high priest, thus I never worry about “the mark”, passports, credit card or electronic devices etc. etc. and I don’t worry too much about anything. It’s Christ’s job to worry for me. He does a much better job than myself . Why would Jesus Christ let me receive the the mark when I am the one he loves?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,348
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Mark of the beast. Dont read about or worry about it. Most of the stories you hear about it are pure fantasy / scare mongering

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

+674
    Christian
    Married
    I'm confused as to what there is to be scared of? Mark of the beast... meh.

17. PROPHECYKID

PROPHECYKID Veteran

+364
    Christian
    Married
    Well there is no need to be scared as long as you believe that God will be there with your regardless what happens. If you have to die for his sake, you will be rewarded for eternity.

Now when it comes to the mark of the beast, do you think God is going to make a decision based on a physical mark or more so a spiritual mark. One of the keys in understanding Revelation is realizing that a lot of the symbols and language used in Revelation is borrowed from the Old Testament. Read the first few verses of Deut 6. You will notice that after the giving of the law God said basically that if the people followed after the law it will be like a sign on the hand and between the eyes. Well that is the hand and the forehead. In Revelation the mark of the beast is accepted in the hard or in the forehead. That is not a coincidence. The hand and the forehead actually represents something. Hand - action. Forehead - belief. If you follow the beast and obey the beast you are accepting the Mark of the Beast. You always find accepting the mark of the beast linked with worshipping the beast. So, it is very possible for someone to be following after the beast and having the mark of the beast without a physical mark. Any physical mark won't really make a difference to God because in God's eyes it is about who you worship and obey. If you read Revelation 14: 6 - 12, after the angel speaks about those who accept the mark of the beast it says in verse 12 that the saints are those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus and we can clearly conclude that this will be in opposition to the mark of the beast. So once you keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus, you will never have the mark of the beast.

18. Seeking 1969

Seeking 1969 New Member

+2
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    I find I obsess sometimes about highly worrying things, but I think if you have already decided how to handle the worst if it was to happen you can then put it to the back of your mind an leave it there until needed. You've done this with your decision to never get the mark...... Well done......me to...X

19. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+6,857
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You can't be trixked into recieving that mark, those who do will do so wholeheartedly and without reservation. In addition you have to worship the beast. I think your worried over nothing, just spend a little time reflecting on what it means to recieve the mark because if the thought troubles you, you probably wouldn't.

20. TruthJ

TruthJ New Member

+14
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Be encouraged, the Lord knows you better than anyone. He understands your fears. Keep your eyes on Him, obey the commandments of Jesus and continue to read your bible regularly. His Truth is all in the Word. Satan will try to rob you of your joy by fear of future happenings. You belong to God, keep trusting Him and praying for His joy and peace in your mind and heart.

A few scriptures to encourage you.
    Titus 2 v13 while waiting for the blessed hope and appearance of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ

Hebrews9 v28 so also Christ, having been offered once so as to bear the sins of many, will appear for a second time without reference to sin to the ones eagerly-awaiting Him, for salvation.

1 Corinthians 2:9 Revelation 21:4 Jeremiah 17:7 Jeremiah 29:11

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  21. HatGuy

HatGuy Newbie

+314
    Christian
    Married
    This is the problem with all the endless speculation about the antichrist and Mark of the beast etc. - it just scares people and creates paranoia.

You'll know it when you see it. The Holy Spirit is not going to allow God's people to be duped. God would never throw people into hell because of ignorance or being naive.

The Mark might even refer to something not physical - something spiritual.

The book of revelation is meant to be an encouraging book for Christians, not a book to make you scared. Any interpretation that only produces fear is not of Christ.