United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just seems a little risky to me. :eek:

TikToker Emily Zgoda (@crazyauntemily) hands out “dating resumes” that include her photo, hobbies and interests to prospective dates, and her genius method has inspired viewers to be more daring about dating.

The quest for love is a serious business for some people. Just ask Zgoda, who recently went viral for her series of TikTok videos in which she hands out “dating resumes” to potential suitors. Zgoda told Buzzfeed in an interview that she always preferred meeting people “organically,” in person instead of online through dating apps, and figured her resume idea would facilitate her hope of finding a partner IRL.

Continued below.
Woman hands out 'dating resumes' to potential suitors

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, I wouldn't do it.

And not that anyone's handing me a dating resume to begin with, but I think if someone did that to me in real life it would probably creep me out. At least from my perspective (male, 40, single for multiple years by this point), dating often already feels like a job interview, and I find that distasteful in how it tends to put barriers up to making real connections. I don't think people or attraction between people is necessarily a matter of matching up interests (the adage is opposites attract), so although some similarities are needed, I think being presented with a literal list is weirdly discouraging and impersonal. It's the same sort of issue I have with online dating, but in this case transferred to real life interactions (hence it's creepy).

I don't want to find a profile or a resume -- I want to find a person.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I wouldn't do it.

And not that anyone's handing me a dating resume to begin with, but I think if someone did that to me in real life it would probably creep me out. At least from my perspective (male, 40, single for multiple years by this point), dating often already feels like a job interview, and I find that distasteful in how it tends to put barriers up to making real connections. I don't think people or attraction between people is necessarily a matter of matching up interests (the adage is opposites attract), so although some similarities are needed, I think being presented with a literal list is weirdly discouraging and impersonal. It's the same sort of issue I have with online dating, but in this case transferred to real life interactions (hence it's creepy).

I don't want to find a profile or a resume -- I want to find a person.
I just find it creepy and extremely unsafe. You don’t know what you are getting out there. And just going into random places and doing that? *shudder*

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happened to submitting your life to Christ. Praying through all things and desiring to know His will in each situation. Christ, said of Himself, "He did nothing out of His own initiative" So from the least thing to the greatest He was always walking in the Father's will. Have we lost the art of trusting and waiting on the Lord? Thank God I waited, and the Lord, confirmed in both of our hearts His will and blessings upon our marriage. What this young girl is doing is simply another sign of the times. It is the flesh in overdrive. Creepy I agree. Things get more strange by the day. Only He knows who is really "fitted" for each other. If He can direct a raven to feed Elijah, certainly He can put two people together if He so wills.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just seems a little risky to me. :eek:

TikToker Emily Zgoda (@crazyauntemily) hands out “dating resumes” that include her photo, hobbies and interests to prospective dates, and her genius method has inspired viewers to be more daring about dating.

The quest for love is a serious business for some people. Just ask Zgoda, who recently went viral for her series of TikTok videos in which she hands out “dating resumes” to potential suitors. Zgoda told Buzzfeed in an interview that she always preferred meeting people “organically,” in person instead of online through dating apps, and figured her resume idea would facilitate her hope of finding a partner IRL.

Continued below.
Woman hands out 'dating resumes' to potential suitors

One word: Analog

Upvote 0