Terms Queen of heaven and Fully God and fully man... But at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but you missed out verse nine in your response. The Father does indeed refer to the Son as God, but in the next verse, states he is the Sons God.
So Father, Son, Paul and Peter all state God is THE God of Christ

Yes and once again the Person of Jesus Christ is both Son of Man and Son of God.

Here's what we have in a nutshell from the Bible:

There is only One God.

We have the Person Father with clear attributes of God
We have the Person Son with clear attributes of God
We have the Person Holy Spirit with clear attributes of God.

Yet we have One True God.

This is the Biblical truth the early church theologians had available in the early councils where they discussed the Nature of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Monk Brendan
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
But can they and would they accept worship?

In the OT, it was overlooked... As many things were... When it was a Holy angel of God, they just didn't reveal that it was and angel, and not God actually, specifically, But a Holy Angel of God, who is like a part of God, like an arm or a leg, and is not out of agreement with God, when it is a Holy Angel

But, not when it's a "false god" or demon though... Which is what Psalm 82 is referring too... (below)... (they are and they think and act like a man does)...

Also Psalm 82 says of them - "The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;"

That doesn't sound like the incarnate Word of God.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nope.
That's wishful thinking
You want 1 + 1 to equal 3

Okay. You don't give up, you are intensely, emotionally, irrationally anti-Catholic. You began this thread to put down Catholics, and their belief in the Virgin Mary. You have an unteachable spirit, because even when sound doctrine, backed by Scripture is placed in front of you, you refuse to even consider that something you believe may be wrong.

I could ignore you, but I won't because I want to see the other nonsense you are spouting, with the thought of undoing the confusion.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But can they and would they accept worship?

PROVE TO ME that the Catholic Church teaches that Catholics are to "WORSHIP" Saints. Do it, first of all from the Bible, and then from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In the OT, it was overlooked... As many things were... When it was a Holy angel of God, they just didn't reveal that it was and angel, and not God actually, specifically, But a Holy Angel of God, who is like a part of God, like an arm or a leg, and is not out of agreement with God, when it is a Holy Angel

But, not when it's a "false god" or demon though... Which is what Psalm 82 is referring too... (below)... (they are and they think and act like a man does)...

God Bless!
It gets complicated when you try to explain that all the Holy Angels, are also like God and are "Elohim" also, but not "The God" but they are in him and a part of him, and they speak God's words, like the True God is using them as an extension of himself to communicate to us, through them...

Oh, and they share the same Holy Spirit, third member of our triune God...

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay. You don't give up, you are intensely, emotionally, irrationally anti-Catholic. You began this thread to put down Catholics, and their belief in the Virgin Mary. You have an unteachable spirit, because even when sound doctrine, backed by Scripture is placed in front of you, you refuse to even consider that something you believe may be wrong.

I could ignore you, but I won't because I want to see the other nonsense you are spouting, with the thought of undoing the confusion.
Explain then the perpetuated thought that Mary was a perpetual virgin and Scripture states Jesus had brothers and sisters by Mary. Think before you attack someone else.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many evangelicals / nondenoms have Nestorianism mixed into their theology. They don't know it or won't admit it.
I can't speak for non-denominational churches.

However, you slander Evangelicals. Evangelicals are Trinitarian.

ETS Constitution | The Evangelical Theological Society

Evangelicals have embraced the 5 fundamentals of the Christian faith:

1) The Bible is literally true. Associated with this tenet is the belief that the Bible is inerrant, that is, without error and free from all contradictions.

2) The virgin birth and deity of Christ. Fundamentalists believe that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit and that He was and is the Son of God, fully human and fully divine.

3) The substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross.

4) The bodily resurrection of Jesus. On the third day after His crucifixion, Jesus rose from the grave and now sits at the right hand of God the Father.

5) The authenticity of Jesus’ miracles as recorded in Scripture.

More:

Articles of Faith - Fellowship of Evangelical Churches

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here is what you replied.
Yes .. And what was begotten ...God or man ( flesh)

Man ..the MAN Jesus.

Please tell me what you were disagreeing with?

Sorry, Hank. He gets confused so easily.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Explain then the perpetuated thought that Mary was a perpetual virgin and Scripture states Jesus had brothers and sisters by Mary. Think before you attack someone else.

Scripture says no such thing. The brothers and sisters are the children of Joseph by his first wife, Salome. Try thinking yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Scripture says no such thing. The brothers and sisters are the children of Joseph by his first wife, Salome. Try thinking yourself.
Really, Mary didn't have any other children that she gave birth to besides Jesus...?

I didn't know that, is that an accurate and right statement?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Paul used a spiritual term when he said the departed are asleep in Christ.

Oh! I get it. It's spiritual when you want to defend something, but it is idolatry when I do. I've got that! Thank you for clarifying the terms

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Messiah gave up His deity when he was born as a human being - if the doctrine of Kenosis fits, so be it.
If He gave it up where did His Deity go?

You can be "god" or "elohim" and not be the Most High God. Psalm 82 is a good example. These divine beings are called god/elohim, but they come from the Most High God, who is the source.

So you believe there are lesser "god's" and The Son is one of these lesser gods?

I don't believe that the Most High God & the Messiah are the same person, being, spirit or whatever you wanna call them

This is a basic misunderstanding of the Trinity. It is three Persons One substance. One God.

I believe Jesus/Yeshua/Yahushua of Nazareth is the Messiah, even if we disagree on certain other things..

How can He be just a man and still be Lord and Savior?

Matthew 22:

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 saying,“What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”

They said to Him, “The Son of David.”

43 He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:

44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”’?

45 If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” 46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really, Mary didn't have any other children that she gave birth to besides Jesus...?

I didn't know that, is that an accurate and right statement?

Are you just being sarcastic, or are you really asking if what I said was truth? I want to make sure before I get back to you with sarcasm

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But, not when it's a "false god" or demon though... Which is what Psalm 82 is referring too... (below)... (they are and they think and act like a man does)...God Bless!
I agree. And it wasn't me who equated Jesus with those mentioned in Psalm 82.

I was merely stating that the ones in Psalm 82 did not sound like the Word of God and indeed were not the Word of God. That's what HE was saying.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
PROVE TO ME that the Catholic Church teaches that Catholics are to "WORSHIP" Saints. Do it, first of all from the Bible, and then from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
I never said they did teach that.

You are coming in in the middle of my conversation with another person and misunderstanding what is being said.

He equated certain lessor "gods" with Jesus. I was, in effect, saying that Jesus could not have been one of them because Jesus accepted worship and they did not.

Your thin skin about your own beliefs is causing you to read things into other posts which are not there.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm.....
Here is what I said....
Hank77 said:

Adam was a created being, a created creature if you will. Jesus was begotten of the Father, not a created being, and to be begotten one must have a mother and a Father to be begotten from.

Here is what you replied.
Yes .. And what was begotten ...God or man ( flesh)

Man ..the MAN Jesus.

Please tell me what you were disagreeing with?
Apologies.. Was on my way out..
Meant to type..was NOT disagreeing ..

Sorry again

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes and once again the Person of Jesus Christ is both Son of Man and Son of God.

Here's what we have in a nutshell from the Bible:

There is only One God.

We have the Person Father with clear attributes of God
We have the Person Son with clear attributes of God
We have the Person Holy Spirit with clear attributes of God.

Yet we have One True God.

This is the Biblical truth the early church theologians had available in the early councils where they discussed the Nature of God.
Once again, you are sidestepping the point. Father, Son, Peter and Paul all state God is THE God of Christ. So, who is THE God of the one true omnipotent God?
You speak of what the early church theologians had available to them.
You are aware it took the church 300 years after Christ died at Calvary to make official church doctrine Christ is God himself and you must believe it to Inherit eternal life.
On what authority can anyone refuse to accept the belief Christ himself laid down as to who he must be believed to be to Inherit eternal life by adding to it? Who gives man the right to do that?
In my view, theologians and scholars who quickly emerged after the passing of the Apostles mugged the church. The greatest power and most rapid growth ever seen in Christianity was before their emergence, not afterwards.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh! I get it. It's spiritual when you want to defend something, but it is idolatry when I do. I've got that! Thank you for clarifying the terms
QUOTE my post where I stated you are committing idolatory. Maybe you are, but I never suggested that to you.
I will accept your apology, should you feel it should be given

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.