Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2009
✟8,005.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Do I have to remember you that the Church always understood Rome as the first see not because of being th former capital of the empire but for being the see of Peter and Paul?

Is not the entire reason for this debate that the Orthodox and Catholics have differing understandings of what the "first see" implies and why that is important. This makes no sense to bring up.

Also, if the Church of Rome accepts the Council of Chaledon (particularly canon 28) as Ecumenical, then the fact that Rome was the "imperial city" does certainly factor into her primacy. I don't see how this would damage the Catholic position either.

By the way why don't you ask a Maronite why don't they unite a syrian EO church? after all for you EO is the right church.

Do you expect a different answer than a Western Rite Catholic? How is a group of Catholics holding to Catholicism or a group of Orthodox holding to Orthodoxy a premise worth arguing from?

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is not the entire reason for this debate that the Orthodox and Catholics have differing understandings of what the "first see" implies and why that is important. This makes no sense to bring up.

Also, if the Church of Rome accepts the Council of Chaledon (particularly canon 28) as Ecumenical, then the fact that Rome was the "imperial city" does certainly factor into her primacy. I don't see how this would damage the Catholic position either.

Do you expect a different answer than a Western Rite Catholic? How is a group of Catholics holding to Catholicism or a group of Orthodox holding to Orthodoxy a premise worth arguing from?

How many West Rite Os are there and how many Eastern Catholics?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.