Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

Tennessee mayor lowers flag to half-staff on day of Biden's inauguration

Mayor's statement: The Town of Bruceton grieves for our Republic and our loss of freedoms. We mourn the victims of the Chinese plague and those that have suffered its depredations. We pray that God delivers and restores us and that we do not fall to the clutches of communism.
Robert T. Keeton III, Mayor of Bruceton

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
LINK

Mayor's statement: The Town of Bruceton grieves for our Republic and our loss of freedoms. We mourn the victims of the Chinese plague and those that have suffered its depredations. We pray that God delivers and restores us and that we do not fall to the clutches of communism.

Praying that God restores us to the madness of the past four years?

No thank you.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
LINK

We should all boycott the town of Bruceton. I’m sure they will feel the pinch when all those tourist dollars... oh wait... never mind...

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying that God restores us to the madness of the past four years?
No thank you.
Oh yes how dare anybody have a different view than the democratic slavery party.
What madness do you speak of?
Built the world’s most prosperous economy.
America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.
Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration.
The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century.
Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job-hirings.
More Americans reported being employed than ever before – nearly 160 million.
Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low.
The number of people claiming unemployment insurance hit its lowest on record.
Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly 3 decades.
.Shall I go on?

• Agree
Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh yes how dare anybody have a different view than the democratic slavery party.
What madness do you speak of?
Built the world’s most prosperous economy.
America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.
Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration.
The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century.
Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job-hirings.
More Americans reported being employed than ever before – nearly 160 million.
Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low.
The number of people claiming unemployment insurance hit its lowest on record.
Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly 3 decades.
.Shall I go on?
A combination of the vector already established.... and debt to be paid for by future generations, as the tax cut basically went straight on to the debt. Oh well.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LINK

That's incredibly petty, not to mention childish. His petty behavior reminds me of Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A combination of the vector already established.... and debt to be paid for by future generations, as the tax cut basically went straight on to the debt. Oh well.

The tax cut sent money back to the taxpayer. Profligate spending is what causes the debt. If one does not spend more than one takes in then one does not incur debt. IMO Government should tax as little as possible and spend less than it taxes.

• Agree
Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The tax cut sent money back to the taxpayer. Profligate spending is what causes the debt. If one does not spend more than one takes in then one does not incur debt. IMO Government should tax as little as possible and spend less than it taxes.
The president signed that "profligate spending" bill just like he did the tax cut.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's incredibly petty, not to mention childish. His petty behavior reminds me of Donald Trump.

This mayor obviously learned from the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's more like typical behavior by some people who politically support Trump. I'm not surprised by the mayor's behavior myself. I'm not surprised because I've experienced similar behavior firsthand from his supporters for five years. I was targeted because I'm a lifelong Republican who opposed Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"... but this being now decided by the voice of the nation, announced according to the rules of the Constitution, all will, of course, arrange themselves under the will of the law, and unite in common efforts for the common good." Thomas Jefferson

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's disrespectful to the flag and to the nation. National symbols should not be politicized in such a manner. The republic is more than just Republicans.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The president signed that "profligate spending" bill just like he did the tax cut.

Biden hasn't signed any tax cut bill. Don't you mean EX President ? Trump never made any serious effort to cut spending, As a matter of fact he was all for increasing it. Piling up huge debt was always a Trump practice. Both in the private sector and the public one. He acted just like Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter and just about all the rest of those EX Presidents that have passed from this world since the 1920s, signing bills that irresponsibly spend huge amounts of the people's money is standard practice. The power of the purse however is the responsibility of the Congress not the President. All the President can do is veto or sign any budgetary legislation. It is up to the Congress to send responsible budgets and funding proposals to the Executive Branch. Republicans are not generally much better at meeting that responsibility than Democrats. Raising taxes has never caused Congress to restrain themselves any more than cutting them has. I don't believe that taxes are the issue as they are not now lucrative enough to pay the bills nor would they be if we taxed extremely more heavily. Yet even when spending is beyond the means of the full economy of the country, Congress is intent upon spending trillions more. Not just the Democrats in Congress, but Congress. Republicans quibbling about slightly adjusting the amounts slightly shifting the recipients for what they want to spend the trillions they want to spend is not how one shows fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Biden hasn't signed any tax cut bill. Don't you mean EX President ?
Yes, of course.

...The power of the purse however is the responsibility of the Congress more not President. All the President can do is veto or sign any budgetary legislation. It is up to the Congress to send responsible budgets and funding proposals to the Executive Branch.
Yes, but but the same token, taxation is the purview of the congress as well, so we shouldnt give Trump blame/credit for the so called "Trump tax cuts" either. Yet we do. Mainly, both branches have to sign off, so I see revenue and spending as a joint effort.

I dont see either party as fiscally responsible. R's will spend and spend to hype up the economy when they control the executive, to burnish their party image, just like D's. Mainly I prefer what the D's choose to spend that money on.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, of course.

Yes, but but the same token, taxation is the purview of the congress as well, so we shouldnt give Trump blame/credit for the so called "Trump tax cuts" either. Yet we do. Mainly, both branches have to sign off, so I see revenue and spending as a joint effort.

I dont see either party as fiscally responsible. R's will spend and spend to hype up the economy when they control the executive, to burnish their party image, just like D's. Mainly I prefer what the D's choose to spend that money on.

I agree Congress deserves the bulk of the credit for any tax cuts and the bulk of the blame for bankrupting the country with profligate spending. Trump and all the other Presidents are simply enablers or accomplices in the irresponsible spending behavior of Congress.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0