Tennessee anybody?

Cerek

Divine Thinker
Mar 26, 2004
✟16,160.00
Faith
Baptist
I live in NC, but we're just about 20 miles from the Tennessee state line (and only 15 miles north of Georgia).

My hometown is Murphy, NC but I've visited Chattanooga several times. My wife and I took our 1 year Anniversary there and we took our two oldest boys to see the Aquarium last year. This year, the baby is almost 2, so we will probably take all 3 of them to see it this time.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Cerek said:
Yes, I'm planning to get a hotel and make it an overnight trip. The Aquarium offers "package deals" with the IMAX Theater and the Children's Discovery Museum both.

I'm also planning a separate trip to the Knoxville Zoo.
You definately have to 'run the concrete slalum'...

Upvote 0

truckman

Mar 31, 2004
South Carolina
Visit site
✟128.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I live in South Carolina, but go to Kingsport TN once or twice a month. I almost moved to Kingsport last August. I had planned to marry a wonderful Christian lady who lives in Kingsport, but got cold feet. We have decided to wait a little longer to be sure it is our Lord's will for us to marry. I love the Tri-Cities area ( Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City). I love the historical sites and the people there are some of the nicest I have met anywhere.

Upvote 0

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
truckman said:
I love the Tri-Cities area ( Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City). I love the historical sites and the people there are some of the nicest I have met anywhere.
I used to live in the Tri-Cities and can't think of anywhere I'd rather live. Unfortunately, my job dictates where I live :sigh:

Anyway, I did one of those online quizzes the other day where you tell them your hobbies, religion, politics, etc and it tells you where you should live. My number one was Asheville, #2 Knoxville (where I also used to live) #3 was Roanoke, and #4 was Tri-Cities. ;) So, I've already lived in half my best places. Memphis was nowhere on the list, which after living here two years doesn't suprise me at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Huldrych

Kein typischer Amerikaner
Mar 6, 2003
AK
Visit site
✟15,205.00
Faith
Christian
You can get paid to live here. Permanent residents get a portion of the oil profits in a check each year. The most I've gotten is about $2,000. The least, about $1100. Politicians are talking about using that money to help offset the state debt, though.

I live in the Interior, about 90 miles southeast of Fairbanks. Get a lovely view of the Alaska Mountain Range every day. Tennessee's mountains are speed bumps in comparison!

jth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
truckman said:
I live in South Carolina, but go to Kingsport TN once or twice a month. I almost moved to Kingsport last August. I had planned to marry a wonderful Christian lady who lives in Kingsport, but got cold feet. We have decided to wait a little longer to be sure it is our Lord's will for us to marry. I love the Tri-Cities area ( Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City). I love the historical sites and the people there are some of the nicest I have met anywhere.

I am currently living near Bristol, but if I had a choice I'd go back to where I was born-----the Thousand Islands area of NY state!!! (I so miss my river :( )

Celtie

Upvote 0