• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tenant's Vicious Dog in Building Triggers My PSTD

glenninindy

May 14, 2019
NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dog is vicious and tried to bite me once. I am constantly being viciously barked at when I go in my yard and come and go back home, I told them and they said to ignore it, but I reached my limits of abuse and screamed at them. I honestly want to shoot this hate-filled demon -dog also. I am a very peaceful tenant who tries to get along but I am struggling with old wounds of abuse this mean dog triggers. Neighbor with mean dog said I am not a nice neighbor and dog barking is not abuse. 3 years of constantly being barked at pushed me over the edge yesterday. I have a gun. I am a Christian struggling alone with this and there is no one to help me here now. Animal control in my area has limited funds and does not take private barking cases. There is small claims court but I cannot afford to file. My landlady is a dog nut and does not care. I just wanted to get this off my chest and out there. Thank you very much.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dog is vicious and tried to bite me once. I am constantly being viciously barked at when I go in my yard and come and go back home, I told them and they said to ignore it, but I reached my limits of abuse and screamed at them. I honestly want to shoot this hate-filled demon -dog also. I am a very peaceful tenant who tries to get along but I am struggling with old wounds of abuse this mean dog triggers. Neighbor with mean dog said I am not a nice neighbor and dog barking is not abuse. 3 years of constantly being barked at pushed me over the edge yesterday. I have a gun. I am a Christian struggling alone with this and there is no one to help me here now. Animal control in my area has limited funds and does not take private barking cases. There is small claims court but I cannot afford to file. My landlady is a dog nut and does not care. I just wanted to get this off my chest and out there. Thank you very much.
If the dog is allowed, ... then you may have to move to get peace of mind.

Law enforcement is not empowered to do anything ... until the dog actually causes an injury.

Do you have access to counseling ? You may need to talk to someone to help get you through until you get moved or the situation is resolved.

You might try here ... BetterHelp | Professional Therapy With A Licensed Therapist

I'll be praying ...

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Go get a box of treats and toss one to it every time you leave your apartment. You can train the dog to associate you with treats and befriend the mutt. Granted, I get that you're angry, but it isn't worth the hassle to do otherwise, obviously.

Upvote 0

glenninindy

May 14, 2019
NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Already tried treats. This has been ongoing since day 1 when they moved in, for 3 years. I hate being the villan or bad guy but this dog has nothing but hate for me. It even tried to bite me. Very sweet to them though they claim. I really think it went to mean school and was specially trained to guard and attack. I was raised with dogs since cradle. I have never seen one this hateful and mean. Delivery woman was scared to deliver my box last week and called my cell.

Upvote 0