Ohio US
✟147,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah says that for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth -- "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Why do you and others always omit the first part of this verse which clearly alters the meaning of the verse?

Isaiah 66:23 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord."

This is just another way of stating from month to month and week to week since that's how they looked at time back then. It just means worship will not cease. And time is not a factor regardless then. Unless you think one is only going to worship on new moons as well which is clearly not the meaning.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you and others always omit the first part of this verse which clearly alters the meaning of the verse?

Isaiah 66:23 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord."

This is just another way of stating from month to month and week to week since that's how they looked at time back then. It just means worship will not cease. And time is not a factor regardless then. Unless you think one is only going to worship on new moons as well which is clearly not the meaning.

It actually says from one Sabbath to another all flesh will come to worship before Me. I go to church from one Sabbath to another, but that does not mean I go to church every day.

In heaven, it shows the saints will be working and doing things, i.e. attending the vineyards- building houses etc so I don't think those will be before the Lord worshipping Him every single second in heaven according to the scriptures , but instead from one Sabbath to another. Isaiah 66:22-23

Going before the Lord from one new moon to another as you said just means from month to month and if Jesus has some special worship every New Moon, I am sure no one will be disappointed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟42,229.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense.
Right back at you.

We do not defend the doctrines of any church but the scripture. All prophets will say this, “For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away. (1 Corinthians 13:10)” Also, we know the apostle Paul sometimes gave his personal opinion even in the scripture (1 Corinthians 7:25). We need to reconsider which doctrine is partial and which is the prophet’s opinion (including Ellen G’s). Taking a prophet’s opinion as the Word of God breaks the commandment of “You shall have no other gods before Me (Exodus 20:3).”

Let’s consider this. Do we have any denomination in Jesus’ time? Yes. We have the Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, Zealots… They have different sets of beliefs though worshiping the same God. But did Jesus destroy these denominations? He let them be, but He tried to rectify their misconceptions about the scripture as He preached. He even acknowledged their positions as religious leaders (Matthew 23:2-3).

The church in Acts has no earthly registered name. There were people from the Pharisees party (Acts 15:5) in the council at Jerusalem when they discussed truth. In such context, the kingdom of God in our midst (Luke 17:21) is not referring to a single denomination on earth, and God keeps helping us to understand Him better as we gathered, like how Jesus did back then.

But if arrogance is as sinful as idolatry (1 Samuel 15:23), and idolatry is like worshipping the beast (Revelation 13), then the mark of the Beast rests on those who are arrogant. “I hate arrogant pride, evil conduct, and perverse speech (Proverbs 8:13).”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi Guevaraj, You can’t be saying the sabbath is human teachings when v17 points to the body of Christ.
Brother, the Sabbath, as understood to this day by Judaism, is a human tradition, a misunderstanding of God's message of a day in Genesis, that Paul corrects in the following passage without Paul understanding what he wrote by inspiration.

So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:6-11 NLT)​
Also, your eleven commandments do not help in conquering a person’s evil desires, but the 2 commandments Jesus raised. Do you realize all your eleven commandments can be kept without love? 1 Corinthians 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body, but have not love, I gain nothing.
We love God by obeying the Eleven Commandments as written in the following passage.

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” (John 14:21 NLT)​

What is not an act of love in the passage you quoted is to give all your money to the poor, disqualifying that part as fulfilling "there is still one thing you haven't done". Jesus gave the young man more than the Ten Commandments, adding the new Eleventh Commandment to "follow" Jesus' example.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟42,229.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the Sabbath, as understood to this day by Judaism, is a human tradition, a misunderstanding of God's message of a day in Genesis, that Paul corrects in the following passage without Paul understanding what he wrote by inspiration.

So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:6-11 NLT)
Brother, if Colossians 2:17 points to the body of Christ, then it is no longer talking about the added human tradition. If they hold holy convocation in Leviticus 23:3, it is an ordinance, not human tradition. If they assemble in NT, that is tradition, not a commandment. Exodus 20:8-11 never requests for holy convocation nor Genesis 2:1-3.

We love God by obeying the Eleven Commandments as written in the following passage.

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” (John 14:21 NLT)
What is not an act of love in the passage you quoted is to give all your money to the poor, disqualifying that part as fulfilling "there is still one thing you haven't done". Jesus gave the young man more than the Ten Commandments, adding the new Eleventh Commandment to "follow" Jesus' example.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)
Since Jesus is in us (John 17:23), how would the 11th commandment apply to us as in how to follow Jesus?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟178,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you seem to have lost the point of the text.
Isaiah 56 continued

Also the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord
to serve him,
and to love the Lord’s name,
to be his servants,
everyone who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it,
and holds fast my covenant,

Isaiah now switches to the foreigners/gentiles. And the Sabbath is mentioned again!

I will bring these to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

God will bring the gentiles to his holy mountain, Mount Zion / Jerusalem. The House of prayer is the Temple, since that's what it's called a few phrases later, and it's about the only thing that I can think of on Mount Zion that would qualify as God's House of prayer.

At least gentiles will be doing burnt offerings and sacrifices on the altar there.

So the house of prayer for all peoples is the Temple on Mount Zion. A synagogue in Asia Minor or Macedonia wouldn't qualify.

And it's a prophecy for the future because at no time before 70 AD were gentiles welcomed there.

Peace be with you all!

Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟178,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you seem to have lost the point of the text.
One more scripture that ties in well with Isaiah 56 and 66,

Isaiah 2
This is what Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 It shall happen in the latter days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it.

3 Many peoples shall go and say, “Come, let’s go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For the law shall go out of Zion, and the LORD’s word from Jerusalem.

Here again the Lord's House is clearly tied to Jerusalem. And in Isaiah 56 and 66 people are going to Jerusalem to worship at new moons, sabbaths, and to make burnt offerings and sacrifices.

If these prophecies are to be taken literally, there's some interesting stuff coming in the future!
If they are taken symbolically, then the Sabbaths in those passages would be symbolic as well.

Peace be with you all!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, if Colossians 2:17 points to the body of Christ, then it is no longer talking about the added human tradition. If they hold holy convocation in Leviticus 23:3, it is an ordinance, not human tradition. If they assemble in NT, that is tradition, not a commandment. Exodus 20:8-11 never requests for holy convocation nor Genesis 2:1-3.
Brother, God ending the first day in "morning" means that the days of the week begin in the morning. The first half of the day of the week, which God calls "day", is from morning to evening, and the second half of the day of the week, which God calls night, is from evening to morning: making the days of the week from morning to morning and the first evening falls in the middle of the first day being the slow transition from light to dark. In the special case of the first day where the transition from dark to light was instantaneous, the full day is from first light to light again in the morning.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was LIGHT. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​

The days in Genesis from morning to morning above are different than the Sabbath in Jerusalem below, from evening to evening, which also ends as it begins at sundown, half a day before the seventh day in Jerusalem.

This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:32 NLT)​

The error of Judaism in thinking: a Sabbath in Jerusalem is a day of the week since Joshua is corrected by Paul below where the true biblical Sabbath is fixed in the time zone of creation in Eden and does not circle the earth with the week but stands separate from the days of the week in Jerusalem.

So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:6-11 NLT)​

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” (John 14:21 NLT)​

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)​

I smiled when I read your assertion that the Hebrew people got the Sabbath wrong to this day. I suppose you believe that the SDA somehow got it right by transposing nineteenth-century American religious activities to Saturdays only. The obvious implications are, of course, that the Jews are condemned to an eternity in hell not because they reject their Messiah, but simply because they don't honor the Sabbath. In the meantime everyone else until Mrs. White came on the scene was also condemned to an eternity in hell not because they refused to believe the gospel but that they were no keeping the Sabbath holy according to nineteenth-century American religious traditions.

Do you see, possibly, something wrong with this picture?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟657,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And according to the description of the new Earth given in chapter 65 you will only do this for a hundred or so years then you die. 22 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.

I personally do not believe Isaiah 65 and 66 are good representations of our existence in Heaven. Isaiah 65 says we won't remember our immortal life, yet Isaiah 66 he tells us; "And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I smiled when I read your assertion that the Hebrew people got the Sabbath wrong to this day. I suppose you believe that the SDA somehow got it right by transposing nineteenth-century American religious activities to Saturdays only. The obvious implications are, of course, that the Jews are condemned to an eternity in hell not because they reject their Messiah, but simply because they don't honor the Sabbath. In the meantime everyone else until Mrs. White came on the scene was also condemned to an eternity in hell not because they refused to believe the gospel but that they were no keeping the Sabbath holy according to nineteenth-century American religious traditions.

Do you see, possibly, something wrong with this picture?
This poster does not represent the SDA view, he has his own unique view about the Sabbath that is not reflected by SDA church.

Also, the Sabbath commandment was written by God, not in the nineteen century. Exodus 20:8-11 Exdous 31:18

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This poster does not represent the SDA view, he has his own unique view about the Sabbath that is not reflected by SDA church.

Also, the Sabbath commandment was written by God, not in the nineteen century. Exodus 20:8-11 Exdous 31:18

Perhaps he ought to drop his identity as SDA then. It does become confusing when folks here at CF consider themselves to be members of particular denominations, but others here assert that they are not.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps he ought to drop his identity as SDA then. It does become confusing when folks here at CF consider themselves to be members of particular denominations, but others here assert that they are not.
I'm sure it's like that with many people from different dominations, for some reason someone identifies themselves with a particular denomination despite not attending church or sharing the same views. Thats why it's always best to go right to the source when it comes to a church's beliefs and not individuals.

For reference this is the SDA official statements of beliefs.

What do Seventh Day Adventists Really Believe? - Adventist.org

• Useful
Reactions: Cornelius8L
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟178,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And according to the description of the new Earth given in chapter 65 you will only do this for a hundred or so years then you die. 22 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.

I personally do not believe Isaiah 65 and 66 are good representations of our existence in Heaven. Isaiah 65 says we won't remember our immortal life, yet Isaiah 66 he tells us; "And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”
I find the dead body viewing to be the most interesting part. Apparently it happens right after each new moon and Sabbath worship experience. And also, those worship experiences are happening in Jerusalem, since right outside of Jerusalem is where the dead bodies are (I assume).

From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”
Bible Gateway passage: Isaiah 66 - New International Version

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I smiled when I read your assertion that the Hebrew people got the Sabbath wrong to this day. I suppose you believe that the SDA somehow got it right by transposing nineteenth-century American religious activities to Saturdays only. The obvious implications are, of course, that the Jews are condemned to an eternity in hell not because they reject their Messiah, but simply because they don't honor the Sabbath. In the meantime everyone else until Mrs. White came on the scene was also condemned to an eternity in hell not because they refused to believe the gospel but that they were no keeping the Sabbath holy according to nineteenth-century American religious traditions. Do you see, possibly, something wrong with this picture?
Brother, it shows we have always been saved by grace and not by perfect obedience to the law, because Judaism to this day never enters the biblical Sabbath away from the Promised Land. Their human tradition of the Sabbath only enters the Sabbath correctly in the Promised Land and nowhere else. My church follows the incorrect Jewish tradition of the Sabbath. Ellen White's inspired writings knew of this correction even though she did not understand it, as Paul did not understand his inspired correction in his letter to the Hebrews below of another "day" of rest still to come. This makes me a believer in Ellen White's inspiration as having the same inspiration found in the Bible from the beginning.

So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:6-11 NLT)

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brother, it shows we have always been saved by grace and not by perfect obedience to the law, because Judaism to this day never enters the biblical Sabbath away from the Promised Land. Their human tradition of the Sabbath only enters the Sabbath correctly in the Promised Land and nowhere else. My church follows the incorrect Jewish tradition of the Sabbath. Ellen White's inspired writings knew of this correction even though she did not understand it, as Paul did not understand his inspired correction in his letter to the Hebrews below of another "day" of rest still to come. This makes me a believer in Ellen White's inspiration as having the same inspiration found in the Bible from the beginning.

I am confused. SabbathBlessings, who identifies herself as being a Seventh Day Adventist told me in Post 1651 that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist, nor do you represent their views. However, you have never given me any reason to doubt that you are. Are you really a Seventh Day Adventist and, if so, what does that make SabbathBlessings? It appears that she might be bearing false witness against you.

By the way, thank you for your thoughtful post.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am confused. SabbathBlessings, who identifies herself as being a Seventh Day Adventist told me in Post 1651 that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist, nor do you represent their views. However, you have never given me any reason to doubt that you are. Are you really a Seventh Day Adventist and, if so, what does that make SabbathBlessings? It appears that she might be bearing false witness against you.

By the way, thank you for your thoughtful post.
What I said is this poster does not share the same belief on the Sabbath as Seventh day Adventists. This is what SDA’s believe on the Sabbath

The gracious Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God’s unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God’s kingdom. The Sabbath is God’s perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God’s creative and redemptive acts. (Gen. 2:1-3; Exod. 20:8-11; 31:13-17; Lev. 23:32; Deut. 5:12-15; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Ezek. 20:12, 20; Matt. 12:1-12; Mark 1:32; Luke 4:16; Heb. 4:1-11.)

This poster has his own unique view that I do not believe is supported by the scriptures. He identifies himself as an SDA, but does not believe in the SDA 28 fundamental beliefs. As a church we can’t force someone to stop identifying themselves as a member, even if they do not go to church or are an official member, although it would be a lot less confusing if they would stop using the church name to teach something that goes against the church beliefs and biblical scriptures, especially one of the SDA’s foundational teachings. We are all responsible for what we teach, so one day soon this gets sorted out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I am confused. SabbathBlessings, who identifies herself as being a Seventh Day Adventist told me in Post 1651 that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist, nor do you represent their views. However, you have never given me any reason to doubt that you are. Are you really a Seventh Day Adventist and, if so, what does that make SabbathBlessings? It appears that she might be bearing false witness against you. By the way, thank you for your thoughtful post.
Brother, I was born to both parents, Seventh day Adventists and have a Master of Divinity degree from Andrews University, 2003. I simply understand more than "SabbathBlessings". She is correct that my view of when "evening" falls, in the middle of the first day, is different from the view of the church. I know from our prophetess' inspired writings that my church will understand Paul's correction in time: "Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet".

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brother, I was born to both parents, Seventh day Adventists and have a Master of Divinity degree from Andrews University, 2003. I simply understand more than "SabbathBlessings". She is correct that my view of when "evening" falls, in the middle of the first day, is different from the view of the church. I know from our prophetess' inspired writings that my church will understand Paul's correction in time: "Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet".

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

This is not a teaching of Andrews University and again has nothing to do with the Adventist church or its leaders including EGW.

We should probably get this tread back on topic.

Upvote 0