Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Kirsten reigned herself in for a minute. "Oh, yah!" She then rushed off into the crowd, looking for a certain face. When she found her, Kirsten called out "Nikki! Hey, I have a question for you." When she caught up, she asked "Would you like to DJ for tonights celebration party in the hotel's disco room?"

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"It'll start at 9 and end around 2 am. I'd like you to arrive about fifteen minutes before hand so that you have time to get ready. If you need more than that, then just tell me. I have CDs we can play, I can ask others for their CDs, plus there's a scratch record thing in the corner. I'll hand out the invites maybe around seven, so people have time to get ready for the party."

((Here's what the invitation will look like:
Time: from 9:00 PM to 2:00AM
Place: Disco Room of (I'm making up the hotel's name) the St Mark's Hotel
Occasion: In celebration of Riding Shot Gun's first place win
Guests of Honor: Members of Riding Shot Gun
RSVP to room 272, or call 673-6385 (Kirsten's Cell)

Additional note: (on selected invites) If there is any CDs you want to bring to be played please drop by aroun 8:50, so Nikki can do her thing. Thank you!))

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Starlin was stunned. she hardly knew what to expect. the boys were jumping around they were so excited.

"thank you." was the only word Starlin could say as people rushed to congratulate her and the rest of the band.

"come on Starlin, party time." Taylor called to Starlin.

"what? oh!" Starlin replied reexamining the invite that was pushed in her hand some time ago.

"Guests of honor. who would have thought." Eric said. "well done everyone."

"Same to you, Eric." Andrew replied.

they soon desolved into excited chatter about their win what what song they would play.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((Wow. it's been a long time for this... It shouldn't die so soon.))

The party, to Kirsten's emence pleasure, was a hit. People danced the night away. About half the way through the party Kristen had Nikki stop the music. Kirsten let the crowd notice the lack of music before she put the microphone to her mouth. "Ok, ok, attention, people! I have a few words to say." When everyone finally quieted down, She continued. "As we all know, Riding Shot Gun won first prize in the contest earlier this evening. So let's stop a moment and give them a round of applause. Congradulations, guys! You deserve it!" After the applause calmed to only a few clapping still, Kristen added another surprise. "Would you guys care to come forward and say a few words?"

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Starlin felt her face flush as Kirsten ask them to come up and talk. She followed the boys up and Andrew took the microphone. "I want to thank you all for supporting us. we are all excited about this amazing opportunity. God has blessed us in so many ways. The song that won was a song Starlin wrote."

Taylor put his head up to the microphone. "and we're selling CD's!" Taylor yelled pointing to a corner.

Starlin giggled at Taylor as Andrew handed her the mic. "oh! um, thank you so much. I'm really blessed to be stuck with these guys."

Upvote 0

Twelve

If you give me a hand, I will help you hold on...
Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
((Sorry, too much has been going on to do much with the internet, and I haven't had the easiest of times. Although I can't give you any guarantees, I'll try my best to stay active from this point on.))

After Kirsten congratulated the band members, Chad did likewise. He kept his outward appearance as that of everyone else, though a lot was on his mind. The time spent on this trip was nice, but when they returned to their homes, would everything shift back into the same, old routine? Chad struggled inwardly to piece together how to keep the lively spirit going after leaving such an environment as the one they had experienced this week.

((Sorry, not my best post.))

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((FINALLY! I thaught this was going to die! THREE MONTHS of inactivity. But, It's ok.))

When Kirsten jumped off the platform, she walked up to Chad. "How'd I do? I usually don't do that kind of thing, but you only live once!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Twelve

If you give me a hand, I will help you hold on...
Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"It was good -- couldn't have done better myself," he said with a polite smile. Glancing around for a short moment, he noticed the general movement of some of the guests toward the exits. Already, it seemed, that the noise was beginning to dissipate to a dull roar.

((Again, sorry for the lack of...well, everything in the post. It's been three months -- I haven't a clue as to what to do next. :sorry:))

Upvote 0