✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When did it start?
How do you know it is not imaginary?
What touches you the most about him?
I became a christian around 55 years ago (about 8 years old). I wanted the life that God promises to His children.

God has done several personal things for me. He has bailed me out of a few tight situations. He has put money in my pocket ... when I had neglected to do so. He has kept me fairly healthy. He has done some special things for me ... led my wife and I to be together out of the most unlikely of situations, given me numerous opportunities to pursue personal interests in all aspects of my life, kept me and my family out of danger, and preserved us when the going got tough.

Jesus has been a friend when I didn't have many others, He's provided a family when my family moved away, He's guided me into and sustained me in His service, ... and given me several thousand good nights of peaceful sleep.

I think that what touches me most about Him ... is His personal attention to me, who, at times, have been lonely ... and needful of someone to take my hand in partnership. He's been there for me ... when no others would be ... or could be. He's been a true friend.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Thinker. I think my own journey tells a similar story. It is hard to describe and can always be my interpretation of things, but that is why faith is needed. But mostly I can look back to a time when the Gospels were not longer just words and stories. Something in them engaged and activated my Spirit. My life changed indescribably. But I do try to describe it at times. An awakening, a personal encounter. As years go by the challenge seems to be to keep it fresh, alive, to stay engaged. I always find something new in the Gospels that mediates a new encounter with Jesus.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When did it start?
My relationship with Him started when I was a child. As I grew up He faded yet I knew Him. In my young adult years I turned to Hinduism yet I still knew Him. Then in the 80's I recieved His Holy Spirit and walked with Him. I then quenched His Spirit yet I still knew Him. Then about 5 years ago I stopped quenching His Holy Spirit and began to walk with Him again.
What touches me the most is He never left me.
Be blessed.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
1. Officially introduced to Jesus at an AG church at about 10 years old. (The seed of the Gospel was sown.)

2. This experience is and has been both intellectually and spiritually edifying.

3. The Lord is always by your side specially at your worst and when no one else can be.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My mother introduced me to Jesus when I was 3 or 4, through a Christian coloring book. She pointed out an illustration of Jesus surrounded by small children and lambs. She said,"That's Jesus, and he loves you." I got all warm and fuzzy feeling, and became a believer then and there.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a question that sometimes taunts me. And I think this is where faith comes in. I simply believe that there is a person behind all the events and changes in my life. and again, his word in the Gospel resonate in me, drawing me closer to know him. Not just a nice idea or philosophy, but a living person. Imaginary? an atheist or non Christian may think so. But I cant.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a question that sometimes taunts me. And I think this is where faith comes in. I simply believe that there is a person behind all the events and changes in my life. and again, his word in the Gospel resonate in me, drawing me closer to know him. Not just a nice idea or philosophy, but a living person. Imaginary? an atheist or non Christian may think so. But I cant.
I've had experiences ... that could only be adequately explained ... by having had supernatural assistance.

When I first started college, I needed to take couple courses in the summer prior to qualify for the program I wanted to pursue. So, I saved up my money ... and thought I had taken it with me when I went to register. I went through the entire registration process ... which, including going thru class selection twice (because my initially selected class times were closed) ... and finally came to the end of the process ... to pay for my classes, when I reached for my envelope of school money ... and realized that I didn't have it. I had left it at home. So ... I was faced with having to go home and get the money ... and return and go through the registration all over again, ... keeping my fingers crossed ... that all of the available classes wouldn't be filled and closed. I couldn't get back until the next day ... and I dreaded having to tell the cashier that I didn't have the necessary funds. The situation seemed pretty hopeless.

Before I made the dreaded announcement, a voice whispered in my ear ... "Check to see how much loose cash you have on you." I thought to myself, "That's ridiculous, there's no way I can have enough loose cash on me to pay for these classes." But the voice persisted ... "What would it hurt ... to check ?" So, I patted down all of my pockets, and pulled out the few bills that I had. I started to count it up ... believe it or not, ... I was getting close to what I needed ... so I started counting up my change. By the time I was done, I had exactly the amount I needed ... with a few pennies to spare.

I paid for my classes, ... and went on my way rejoicing. On the way home, I began to think ... that I must have somehow incorporated my school money into my loose cash ... but when I got home, there it was as I had left it ... in its unopened envelope.

I've had a few more experiences like that, ... one dealing with a car repair, and one where I was delivered home out of the beginnings of the great blizzard of 1978, ... only to have my car stall after I parked it in front of my house ... from which it didn't start again for a week.

God has been good to me. I'm not saying that I haven't had my difficulties, but He's brought me through them all, and given me a reason to live ... and to look up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When did it start?
It started in 1998.

He said to me ‘if you do not believe Moses and the prophets, you will not believe in Me’.

His crucifixion. His compassion.

Two years after I found Him, I went back to my old ways. I’ve been trying to find Him all over again ever since.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.

Upvote 0

David Lowery

May 15, 2021
North Alabama
✟16,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My journey with Him started in a doctor's office a little over 3 years ago. I kept having what felt like heart attacks, that I thought I would die from enough so that I had my wife drive me to the emergency room one night. However, after extensive testing the doctor gave me a clean bill of health and he tried to prescribe me medication to control anxiety. I was really, really embarrassed that I could be so weak, I was so stressed trying to control everything that I was having panic attacks so strongly that I felt I would die from it. I didn't know that what I was thinking could actually manifest physically. I'm fearful of drugs, most everyone in my family has an addiction, seen them loose their minds. I told him no thanks, I would look to counseling instead.

I wasn't a believer. I did not like Christians, in hindsight I viewed Christians as some of the most arrogant, hypocritical people on the face of the earth, preaching mercy but utterly devoid of it. Please understand, this was who I was, not who I am. However, I ran into a debate online by Ravi Zacharias, "the incoherence of atheism" and I was faced with giving a testimony of what I thought instead. I discovered I had no defense, my thoughts were incoherent and so I began watching and listening to every Q&A session I could get my hands on, constantly listening to theologians and began reading the Bible. I need to stop judging, but judge correctly. I want to know truth, whatever it is.

I was hungry for the truth and decided to go to church. I don't know what he preached but the word at the end, startled me. He quoted Deuteronomy 30:19 and it shocked me with self realization down to the very core of me. I had always chosen curse, never the blessing. I started to panic a little, this curse involves my children. Moses warning was stark, my children would follow the same path as me. I waited til the end of the sermon and waited for people to stop talking to the pastor and I asked him where salvation was in the Bible, because he mentioned that at the end of his sermon. I've heard the word several times, just didn't understand the meaning but that sounded like the answer I was seeking. He asked me if I was reading the Bible and and I told him that I was in Chronicles. He told me that I needed to read the New Testament and I was immediately confused, that sounded like a different book so I asked him if there were more than one Bible? I have never had someone look at me like that for a full 5 seconds but I can only assume now he chose mercy and told me to start reading in Matthew. I got home and immediately started reading Matthew. I read slowly, the red texts had such weight to them until I got to chapter 13, the parable of the sower.

I had an open vision of my heart, I saw that there was a black thing that covered it while I was reading. I got to the part where He says that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see this but have not while also having an open vision of my heart. I started crying uncontrollably, I am not worthy of such a thing as they. I had only cried twice in my life and that was when my grandmother died and then my brother died. It had to be really, really strong for something to pierce my heart at that moment in my life. When I got to the end, where He explained the parable. I understood what He was showing me and internally I decided that I would give my heart to Him. I am not worthy of this but after seeing, why would I want a heart like that? I saw him touch my heart and removed what covered my heart.

I never knew the heart had feeling, I had never felt anything but hurt there and His love started pouring into me. It was like fire, it was like the most wonderful thing in the world, it was also like a lifetime pent up inside me and released, and a pain and joy that I never knew Him and an excitement wells up in me, I do now. I was also shattered, I wept so hard for a couple of hours. I'm tearing up now even as I write, He is just so good.

To this day, I have zero anxiety. He delivered me from that but what I am thankful for, is that He found a way to me. That my identity is found in Him, that I have been created thru Him and for Him.

God is real, Jesus is real and His word is absolute. I do not have words to explain how truly wonderful He is other than to say that He loves us so much that if He drew too near, man would die in His presence by His love.

I hope this helps someone, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-My journey began in 2016, after experiencing severe spiritual attacks, that were very difficult to understand.

-An imaginary friend does not respond to anyone like Jesus does, because they do not exist at all.

-I am amazed at the fact that, even a legion of demons tremble at the mention of His name. The fact that He watches over me and goes out of His way, because He cares so much, really touches my heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When did it start?
I was touched when I saw how Christian praised and worshiped as if God was so close; that fascinated me, that turned me to God.

After accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, in the darkness of my heart, I sensed a presence of the Lord when I closed my eyes and prayed. So I knew He was listening.

At youth fellowship, new converts were asked to give testimonials. I didn’t know what I could share but I was glad that I was allowed to ask the Lord. Every Saturday, the youth leader persisted and kindly asked me to share testimonial. So every time he drew near, I would quickly close my eyes and prayed that the Lord told me how to share about this.
Then, one Saturday, the Lord touched me by giving me a vision that my life was like a cup in a desert. Then living waters flowed down from the clouds above poured down and filled the cup till overflow. First time I tasted the joy of the Lord that filled my life till my body was overwhelmed. Then I asked the Lord to stop. That gave me a strong impression that I serve the true living God.

That happened about 30 years ago.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When did it start?

I became a Christian 7 years ago when facing my husband's death. I felt the Holy Spirit very powerfully and He has never left me.
Jesus is not imaginary. He is here, alive, if you are willing to open your whole self to Him. The Bible is the Word of God, there is no better way to know how He wants us to live and die. No joy here can compare with what we can look forward to in heaven.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My journey with Him started in a doctor's office a little over 3 years ago. I kept having what felt like heart attacks, that I thought I would die from enough so that I had my wife drive me to the emergency room one night. However, after extensive testing the doctor gave me a clean bill of health and he tried to prescribe me medication to control anxiety. I was really, really embarrassed that I could be so weak, I was so stressed trying to control everything that I was having panic attacks so strongly that I felt I would die from it. I didn't know that what I was thinking could actually manifest physically. I'm fearful of drugs, most everyone in my family has an addiction, seen them loose their minds. I told him no thanks, I would look to counseling instead.

I wasn't a believer. I did not like Christians, in hindsight I viewed Christians as some of the most arrogant, hypocritical people on the face of the earth, preaching mercy but utterly devoid of it. Please understand, this was who I was, not who I am. However, I ran into a debate online by Ravi Zacharias, "the incoherence of atheism" and I was faced with giving a testimony of what I thought instead. I discovered I had no defense, my thoughts were incoherent and so I began watching and listening to every Q&A session I could get my hands on, constantly listening to theologians and began reading the Bible. I need to stop judging, but judge correctly. I want to know truth, whatever it is.

I was hungry for the truth and decided to go to church. I don't know what he preached but the word at the end, startled me. He quoted Deuteronomy 30:19 and it shocked me with self realization down to the very core of me. I had always chosen curse, never the blessing. I started to panic a little, this curse involves my children. Moses warning was stark, my children would follow the same path as me. I waited til the end of the sermon and waited for people to stop talking to the pastor and I asked him where salvation was in the Bible, because he mentioned that at the end of his sermon. I've heard the word several times, just didn't understand the meaning but that sounded like the answer I was seeking. He asked me if I was reading the Bible and and I told him that I was in Chronicles. He told me that I needed to read the New Testament and I was immediately confused, that sounded like a different book so I asked him if there were more than one Bible? I have never had someone look at me like that for a full 5 seconds but I can only assume now he chose mercy and told me to start reading in Matthew. I got home and immediately started reading Matthew. I read slowly, the red texts had such weight to them until I got to chapter 13, the parable of the sower.

I had an open vision of my heart, I saw that there was a black thing that covered it while I was reading. I got to the part where He says that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see this but have not while also having an open vision of my heart. I started crying uncontrollably, I am not worthy of such a thing as they. I had only cried twice in my life and that was when my grandmother died and then my brother died. It had to be really, really strong for something to pierce my heart at that moment in my life. When I got to the end, where He explained the parable. I understood what He was showing me and internally I decided that I would give my heart to Him. I am not worthy of this but after seeing, why would I want a heart like that? I saw him touch my heart and removed what covered my heart.

I never knew the heart had feeling, I had never felt anything but hurt there and His love started pouring into me. It was like fire, it was like the most wonderful thing in the world, it was also like a lifetime pent up inside me and released, and a pain and joy that I never knew Him and an excitement wells up in me, I do now. I was also shattered, I wept so hard for a couple of hours. I'm tearing up now even as I write, He is just so good.

To this day, I have zero anxiety. He delivered me from that but what I am thankful for, is that He found a way to me. That my identity is found in Him, that I have been created thru Him and for Him.

God is real, Jesus is real and His word is absolute. I do not have words to explain how truly wonderful He is other than to say that He loves us so much that if He drew too near, man would die in His presence by His love.

I hope this helps someone, thank you for reading.

David,
That is one of the best testimonies I have ever read. What an amazing experience. I am so happy for you.
You know, as do I and all here, Jesus is real and it is amazingly good to belong to Him.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had a few more experiences like that, ... one dealing with a car repair, and one where I was delivered home out of the beginnings of the great blizzard of 1978, ... only to have my car stall after I parked it in front of my house ... from which it didn't start again for a week.

I've experienced the same thing. pull in and the car dies. I found it quite eerie. But I knew from where it came. :)

I've also picked up two stranded women on the roadside in a heavy snowstorm on my way home from a bible study one night. Their car Had broke down and they were just standing there looking helpless.
It turned out that they lived in the same town I lived in. :) I happily gave them a ride to their doorstep and wished them well. In the conversation we had, I found out that they were both Christians and I've always believed God used me to see them safely home that night. :)

• Winner
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0