alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I want to know about the Heavenly Father. Unfortunately, the pentecostal church I go to don't really teach much about him. I guess people with a good earthly dad have no problem relating to God as Father. I never had a dad's love so I don't know how to relate to God as Father. The Bible says, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:16". How close does God really want to be to us? Is it possible to come to God and ask him for a hug, and he not hurt me? Can he really touch someone without hurting them, because God has all that power? I wished I knew God as my heavenly Father and could have a close personal relationship with him without being terrified of him that he will walk out on me like people do. So, tell me about the one that you pray to. How do you ask God boldly about anything, since I'm such a bad screw up and scared he will tell me he don't want to be close because of all the stuff I did wrong. I want to be a child of God and he tell me he loves me and accepts me and would hug me; something my earthly dad never did.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Absolutely you can ask Him for a hug!
I'm still getting to know Him but what I do know is that He loves me, He always has time for me, and is always glad to see me when I come to spend time with Him. He smiles when He sees me :blush: It's the same with you :blush:

His love is unconditional, because Jesus has paid for all our sin, God our Father and us - we can spend time together and even though He is all powerful we are safe with Him, so safe. He wont hurt you and He will never force you to do anything. In my experience when I have been terribly hurt by life stuff He gently waits til I am ready to bring that to Him, He respects us, you do not need to fear Him. "A bruised reed He will not break" He is so very gentle and so patient, He is with us but He lets us grow in trusting Him at our own pace so you can relax with Him

He is holy but more than anything He wants a relationship with you :hug:

The Bible says He delights over us with singing!! :) How cool is that!!
He absolutely adores you!!!!

I sometimes feel like a little kid when I'm with God and it's ok. One time I woke up one morning and said 'Hi' to God and it was like He was waiting for me to wake up so He could spend time with me and I heard "Hi!" from Him :) with a big smile so glad I was awake and with such enthusiasm it made me smile and still does when I think of it :)
I'm still learning how to have a relationship with my Dad - Abba - God my Father.. and you know what He is so patient with me in that process and helps me have a relationship with Him. I've sat with Him and said I dont know what to do or say to You.. afraid He might reject me.. but you know what He never has and He says deep in my soul 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you" Heb 13:12. Let that verse sink into your soul because God will never leave you, He will never forsake you! You're stuck with a wonderful Father who thinks you're awesome!

One time He wrapped me up in a blanket of love, it was when I was new and He did that.

recently I got some good news and all that day whenever I thought of God all I could see was Him so excited and so happy that He could give me something good and it warmed my heart all day that He cared so much and wanted me to have something good, it meant so much to me that He wanted good for me

He looks forward to every second you spend with Him

How He Loves You Dear One
so very much!

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟29,229.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He definitely will hug you:hug:, love you and always be available, never to busy for you... you are His business... He will protect, and guide... He'll discipline too, but with love... not beatings and screaming and anger ... but all things in love... Like the previous posters said "The Perfect Dad"...

I remember just coming to Christ... figuring out my "identity"... I had and extremely low self esteem... always thinking that I wasn't good enough, a black sheep, ugly duckling, a bad girl...How could He love me?... but one day while speaking to God about these feelings... I saw myself from the day I was born.. cant relay it in exact words.. but I do remember an awesome heavenly figure taking me (a little baby in His arms), with such delight and so much affection.. like you would see a very excited father holding his new born for the very first time.... and embracing me in His arms... whispering I love you, I always have, you are beautiful...

from that day what others thought of me, what my siblings, parents, friends thought of me... didnt matter.. All that mattered is that He loved me:)...

the confirmation that He loved me didn't come in the experience it came and was more so established in His word... obviously the thought came that it cannot be true... but the truth was found in His Word... (Christ)

Jer 31:3 Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn you.

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not.

I didn't deserve this love.. this I can testify too... but His love isn't dependent on me, my feelings and others... Its what He does.. more so.. its what He is LOVE...

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

I'm still trying to understand who He is, what He's doing... and just when I think I know... I get surprised over and over again... He loves you, ask Him He'll let you know just how much...:wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my blog:

Suddenly I am wide awake, I look over at the alarm clock and it reads 3:00 AM and a voice that I know is God says, “Come I want to spend some time with you”

I have been awakened by God before but this time was different It was as if he was calling to me from the other room. I slipped out of bed as quietly as I could as to not disturb Cat, slipped on my robe and made my way to the great room. In one corner we have a giant lazy boy. I sort of ducked down into it as one would do if you arrived late and did not want to draw attention to yourself.

As soon as I got in the chair I heard Him again “Come here son” I do want to mislead at this point. I was not called away to some other place. What I mean is, I was in my chair in my den at all times. At least my body was. But, in my mind I stood at a gate. It was nothing fancy per say. It is like a typical garden raw iron affair. It was latched but not locked and as I unlatched the hasp the gate swung wide to reveal a path. It appeared to be made of common cobble stone. Wider than the gate and not very long it terminated at a gazebo where seated in an oversized chair of his own was God. “Come” He said

Oddly my first thought was about how easy the path is and how there were absolutely no obstacles between He and me. As I pondered this my mind flooded with His thoughts. As I write this now from a memory of two years ago I kick myself for not writing it all down then.

There was so much conveyed in an instant, in a flash. It was like trying to drink from a fire hose. A million words and a thousand years could never convey all that came to me in a single instant.

I have surmised that it was as if He spoke all truth and all justice and all love and all mercy to me at once in the blink of an eye. Like a thousand points of light, it all swarmed around me. I stood there overwhelmed as it all moved about. I was ill prepared and almost all of it slipped my grasp. But, one truth remained and not because I had laid hold of it. It stood before me in splendor I can not explain and it laid hold of me. It was grace. Grace like I’ve never understood it before. Jesus had removed all the obstacles a long time ago. The path was wide open all the time. I had just never really understood until now. He reached out His hand and pulled me into his lap. I whispered, “Thank you Dad”

And so I sat in his lap for the next three hours. As I recall there was no exchange of words. It was more like an exchange of thoughts, And, not just one thought at a time, it was like all my thoughts were taken in all at once and in the same instant the answers to my thoughts were returned to me. It was as if I only had to start to think the thought and before I could complete it I had the answer. Then before I could even grasp the answer we were on another question.

In all of this I had a sense that this was my Dad and He is nothing like my father. I had known this of course for Years, but, I never really KNEW it. Now I did and I had come to this realization the moment I saw Him. It was as if a cry from my heart, long ignored, denied, explained away, and forgotten had suddenly been addressed. A lifetime of pain and rejection which was so much a part of me I did not even recognize it was peeled away and here He was, my Dad. One would ask, “How can a moment negate 48 years?” Well, one moment can. I know because this one moment did. It did not take the three hours, it did not take 3 seconds, but three hours in His lap was a very good experience. It was enough to last me the next 48 years!

Welcome to Facebook

John O.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to know about the Heavenly Father. Unfortunately, the pentecostal church I go to don't really teach much about him. I guess people with a good earthly dad have no problem relating to God as Father. I never had a dad's love so I don't know how to relate to God as Father. The Bible says, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:16". How close does God really want to be to us? Is it possible to come to God and ask him for a hug, and he not hurt me? Can he really touch someone without hurting them, because God has all that power? I wished I knew God as my heavenly Father and could have a close personal relationship with him without being terrified of him that he will walk out on me like people do. So, tell me about the one that you pray to. How do you ask God boldly about anything, since I'm such a bad screw up and scared he will tell me he don't want to be close because of all the stuff I did wrong. I want to be a child of God and he tell me he loves me and accepts me and would hug me; something my earthly dad never did.

When we are born again (John 3:3-8), we become a child of God ...
and we are born into a new family ... the family of God!

:clap:

And in the Bible, as children of God, we learn about our new relationship with God.

We are told in the Bible that we are to walk by faith, and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

And so, no matter how we may 'feel' at times,
what the Bible says about our relationship with God is the truth.

Sometimes, the truth can seem almost 'too good to be true',
but the Bible is the inspired Word of God to us (2 Timothy 3:16),
and God does not lie (Titus 1:2).

I found this beautiful webpage online. I hope it will be an encouragement to you today! :)

Father's Love Letter - English - God Loves You. Here's Proof

p.s.
And if you have not already done so, alilsa, you may want to visit the Pentecostal/Assemblies of God forum on CF.
You will find some other daughters of God there, that may be able to help encourage you on your journey! :)

Here is a link to that forum:

Pentecostal/Assemblies of God - Christian Forums

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alilsa:

Oh how God must want to pick you up and just hold you and erase all those fears away.

Do you know that when you ask Jesus into your heart and repent of your sins that all those sins are thrown into the lake of forgetfullness - God remembers them no more. The only one remembering your sins is you and you need to wash them out of your thoughts because when you bring them up again - God says 'what sins' - He does not see them.

Jesus is with you every minute and every second of the day - He tells us in His Word that He will never leave you. Just talk to Him like a friend - the Bible tells us the Jesus is our Friend. Just worship Him and talk to Him all the time, not just when you are on bended knee with Bible in hand - He is there for you all the time.

Just picture Him smiling down at you with arms wide open waiting for you to lay your head on His shoulder - just let the Glory of the Lord shine through you and know that He is right there by your side. Just enjoy your walk.

Upvote 0

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for answering me. Your words are a real encouragment. But because of all the stuff that happened to me, I have trouble feeling much. I used to be a cutter but haven't cut in months. My biggest hangup is that I have trouble feeling God's touch. Because I have trouble feeling much when I pray, I think that God is ignoring me or I'm not good enough. Oh, I can quote 1000 scriptures but it's not suppose to be like talking about someone you read about. People that comes from good christian homes with 2 loving parents would have trouble understanding it. Years ago, I went to a church that had very wrong teachings about God the Father. He sends good things to his children that are good but can strike you dead or tell a preacher to hurt you if you are a misfit. (They had hidden deadly teachings and christian ritual abuse). I was a misfit and got hurt alot so I have trouble trusting God or preachers for that matter. I go to a good church now but am trying to get past the past. John must have been very special for God to want to hold him awhile or because he's a preacher. I was adopted in God's family when I got saved but having a bad past also made it hard to know how I'm suppose to relate to God as Heavenly Father. I didn't have much of a childhood because of abuse so I would like to be a child of God and know him as Father.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
tell me about the one you pray to

While at times we may experience happy, warm 'feelings' about God ... our relationship with God is not suppose to be based on 'feelings' but rather it is to be based on 'faith'. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. (Hebrews 11:6)

This is sometimes very hard to do ... to walk by faith ... when we have been use to living on, and reacting to, 'feelings' ... but we do it ... by refusing to act on feelings we may or may not 'feel', and by choosing to believe and act on what is written in the Word of God.

... it is a choice, and one that many of us need to make often, as the way of our old nature (before we were saved) was to act on 'feelings'.

When I was a little girl, I learned to talk to God the Father by repeating written formal prayers.

Today, I talk to Him freely and lovingly, whenever I need or want to, like The Perfect Loving Father that He is. :)

Look at this precious verse I found in the Bible:

"We know that God does not listen to sinners,
but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, God listens to him."
(John 9:31 ESV)

By faith, I believe it! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
alilsa
I am so sorry to hear about what has happened in your life. Please know you certainly dont have to be perfect and good to be loved by God and know Him as John does or as any others do. God so longs for you to know His love - it's what He created you for to know Him and He is Love.
God loved you when you were a sinner, and He loves you now too that you have accepted Jesus. His love is not based on if you read your Bible today or whether you preached a good sermon, that is the wonder of it, He loves you because that is who He is and how great His love is that we do marvel at His love and acceptance of us, we do not deserve it but He pours out His love anyway.
And even if you havent had good experiences be encouraged you can and will know God's love as His dearly loved and cherished daughter because He so wants that for you. I have had similar and God intervened in my life when I didnt think it was for me so I know He can in your life. I have a verse for you dear sister
Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
God promises if we seek Him we will find Him when we seek Him with all our hearts and that is a promise, be encouraged, keep seeking Him and He will be found by you.
theres a link I will pm you that explains what I'm trying to say better
praying for you :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0