Teen's neo-Nazi ex-boyfriend murders her parents for breaking them up

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over past years radio pundit Michael Savage repeatedly made the claim that liberalism is a mental disorder. There are times when one tends to agree.

...it's not all that unthinkable that such a young man could be duped into thinking that by... ahem, "dealing with" such people, he could make America "great" again...

The insinuation President Trump is somehow responsible, even tangentially, for the actions of the killer in this case is not simply juvenile and inane, but indicative of a psychopathy. What fuels such obsession, that each and every negative event which occurs within the borders of this country must somehow be the fault of our President? How can you even attempt to intellectually justify the notion Trump was the grand puppet-master manipulating the strings which pulled this kid toward murder? Particularly given he killed two white people, an outcome the Kate Steinle case proved liberal/progressives view as a win.

A bit of reality. Trump did not begin the Neo-Nazi movement. Despite what liberals would have you believe, Trump did not make an appeal to Neo-Nazi's during the campaign. In this country, like it or not, the US Constitution and the amendments articulated in the Bill of Rights expressly detail that citizens of the United States are allowed to hold opinions you may find objectionable, and that you may not attempt to silence by force or force of law those who hold an opinion you do not like. What this means, again like it or not, is simple. Someone who may associate with or actually be a member of a Neo-Nazi group is allowed to hold an opinion and vote based on that opinion in the exact same fashion as some abject moron who sees racist code words and dog whistles in every phrase spoken by a Conservative or Republican figure and that every murder committed by any white person is a direct result of those secret code words and dog whistles.

In this country the only people who are attempting to silence opinions they do not like by the implementation of intimidation, force of law, and the application of violent force are members of the liberal/progressive left. Decades ago the Democrat Party gave rise to the KKK. The modern Democrat party gave rise to Antifa. And idiots like Maxine Waters, Al Green, the harpies on The View, and all those screaming about impeachment along with attempts to attach blame for every event they believe they can utilize for political gain to the President.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm not advocating anything of the sort as to how you phrased it.

but are you being facetious?

child protective services remove children from at risk homes all the time.

Which brings me right back to my original question.

In addition, in regard to CPS and their grand crusade to justify their continued existence, who is granted the right and responsibility to define the term "at risk?"

You said, quote:

"...unless you're willing to take these people out of their limited environments and away from their parents that they learned this behavior from don't expect this sort of thing to change."

Clearly you are advocating the forcible separation of children from their parents, if some bureaucrat somewhere decides said children learned some behavior deemed potentially objectionable from those parents. Why?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Over past years radio pundit Michael Savage repeatedly made the claim that liberalism is a mental disorder. There are times when one tends to agree.

The insinuation President Trump is somehow responsible, even tangentially, for the actions of the killer in this case is not simply juvenile and inane, but indicative of a psychopathy. What fuels such obsession, that each and every negative event which occurs within the borders of this country must somehow be the fault of our President? How can you even attempt to intellectually justify the notion Trump was the grand puppet-master manipulating the strings which pulled this kid toward murder? Particularly given he killed two white people, an outcome the Kate Steinle case proved liberal/progressives view as a win.

A bit of reality. Trump did not begin the Neo-Nazi movement. Despite what liberals would have you believe, Trump did not make an appeal to Neo-Nazi's during the campaign. In this country, like it or not, the US Constitution and the amendments articulated in the Bill of Rights expressly detail that citizens of the United States are allowed to hold opinions you may find objectionable, and that you may not attempt to silence by force or force of law those who hold an opinion you do not like. What this means, again like it or not, is simple. Someone who may associate with or actually be a member of a Neo-Nazi group is allowed to hold an opinion and vote based on that opinion in the exact same fashion as some abject moron who sees racist code words and dog whistles in every phrase spoken by a Conservative or Republican figure and that every murder committed by any white person is a direct result of those secret code words and dog whistles.

In this country the only people who are attempting to silence opinions they do not like by the implementation of intimidation, force of law, and the application of violent force are members of the liberal/progressive left. Decades ago the Democrat Party gave rise to the KKK. The modern Democrat party gave rise to Antifa. And idiots like Maxine Waters, Al Green, the harpies on The View, and all those screaming about impeachment along with attempts to attach blame for every event they believe they can utilize for political gain to the President.

That's hardly something unique to the left. By the end of his presidency, Obama had been blamed for so much that couldn't possibly be his fault that it was a running joke to angrily yell out "Obama!" anytime something bad happened.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's not what you said...you said his beliefs were possibly the random result of a coin flip.

U7Ghu2s.gif

Right...and I'm curious about why.

I think I can guess.

Extremism tends to be reactionary in nature -- it's not so much a movement for something as it is a response to a (real or imagined) threat. Clearly this young man saw a threat -- either to himself personally, to his way of life, or both -- and saw the kind of White Nationalism espoused by the neo-nazis as the solution.

Now, what exactly that threat was, we can only speculate, unless he wants to talk. But given the usual theme of neo-nazi rhetoric, I'd guess that some kind of non-whites are to blame.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Has there ever been a time you didn't agree?

The insinuation President Trump is somehow responsible,

Full stop -- I don't hold the President responsible in any way, shape, or form. I do, however, find it unfortunate that many misguided people have co-opted his campaign slogan (which he himself stole from Reagan's 1980 presidential campaign) as a rallying cry.

Have a care not to project your own psychopathy upon others. This isn't about Donald; your hero is not being attacked.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I apologize...I thought you were being serious. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in this place...and looking back at it now I should've given it the benefit of the doubt.

I think I can guess.

Extremism tends to be reactionary in nature -- it's not so much a movement for something as it is a response to a (real or imagined) threat. Clearly this young man saw a threat -- either to himself personally, to his way of life, or both -- and saw the kind of White Nationalism espoused by the neo-nazis as the solution.

Now, what exactly that threat was, we can only speculate, unless he wants to talk. But given the usual theme of neo-nazi rhetoric, I'd guess that some kind of non-whites are to blame.

I think I can guess too...but my guess is probably different from yours. I agree it is reactionary...though it's hard for me to think that something like "immigration" was on the radar of a kid in Virginia.

I could be wrong of course, the kid clearly has some anger issues clouding his judgement at the least. I think this sort of stuff is likely to keep growing though until we can pinpoint what's being said to these kids and the effects it has.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you believe that Trump is fostering an atmosphere in the culture of the US that enables individuals who share these kinds of reprehensible views to be more willing to share them? NOT ARGUING that he agrees with them; just that he's create a more....accepting environment.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that Trump is fostering an atmosphere in the culture of the US that enables individuals who share these kinds of reprehensible views to be more willing to share them? NOT ARGUING that he agrees with them; just that he's create a more....accepting environment.

Sure...maybe? When it comes to these types of groups, it's hard to say what they would or wouldn't "share" based on certain circumstances. It's definitely possible...maybe even likely. I think we can say without any doubt they're fans of his.

However, I think the idea that some throw around about him creating these racists is a bit silly. I don't think anyone saw him campaigning...then win the election...and somewhere along the way decided that they suddenly believe in some neo nazi narrative.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Why bring Donald into this? He didn't turn this kid into a Nazi.

Donald's a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why bring Donald into this? He didn't turn this kid into a Nazi.

His crime was not his political views, it was killing his ex-girlfriend's parents. Men of any political persuasion, or none at all, have been known to do bad things when their love lives go sour.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
His crime was not his political views, it was killing his ex-girlfriend's parents. Men of any political persuasion, or none at all, have been known to do bad things when their love lives go sour.

True, true... and far be it for any of us to besmirch the political views of Nazis -- some good people on that side of the issue, so I hear -- although I do hear that they tend to favor more violent solutions to problems.

...or am I offending nazis with that stereotype?

Upvote 0