USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BLM/Antifa was out in fine form again, this time in Omaha, Nebraska. The video shows them surrounding and screaming at a 19 year old girl quietly holding a sign with "I <3 OPD" written on it. When she tried to move away, they followed her, eventually prompting police on the scene to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd. A phone was also allegedly stolen from one of the girl's friends during the incident.

WATCH: Antifa Protesters Harass, Assault Police Supporters in Nebraska

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
BLM/Antifa was out in fine form again, this time in Omaha, Nebraska. The video shows them surrounding and screaming at a 19 year old girl quietly holding a sign with "I <3 OPD" written on it. When she tried to move away, they followed her, eventually prompting police on the scene to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd. A phone was also allegedly stolen from one of the girl's friends during the incident.

Yeah, the left are completely hypocritical and I think they don't even know or care about the politics they claiming to be fighting for. They are just angsty teens who are lazy are riding on pop-culture cliché. Most of them are barely educated and can not even answer their views in a rational way with out shouting, crying, and resulting in being a victim over something.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the left are completely hypocritical and I think they don't even know or care about the politics they claiming to be fighting for. They are just angsty teens who are lazy are riding on pop-culture cliché. Most of them are barely educated and can not even answer their views in a rational way with out shouting, crying, and resulting in being a victim over something.

They’re just people mate (the left that is).

Obviously I would condemn the actions of the people described in the OP, there are idiots all over the political spectrum.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't personally condone physical confrontation of someone expressing a different viewpoint, but let's not misrepresent this as some innocent girl just innocently holding a sign on the street and then suddenly getting accosted by "antifa" out of nowhere for no reason. She walked into an active protest and held up a sign designed to poke the protesters. And they responded.

There are plenty of videos out there of PBs and Trump supporters assaulting BLM protesters just for holding signs. This is not unique to "The Left".

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't personally condone physical confrontation of someone expressing a different viewpoint, but let's not misrepresent this as some innocent girl just innocently holding a sign on the street and then suddenly getting accosted by "antifa" out of nowhere for no reason. She walked into an active protest and held up a sign designed to poke the protesters. And they responded.

There are plenty of videos out there of PBs and Trump supporters assaulting BLM protesters just for holding signs. This is not unique to "The Left".

There is no justification or excuse for their behavior.

The fact that it was an "active protest". Not an excuse.

Her sign was not "designed to poke". It said "I <3 OPD". If support for a local police department incenses someone to an animalistic rage, the responsibility for that reaction lies solely upon the reactor who can't control themselves like a human being. Again, not an excuse.

The fact that there are videos of Proud Boys or Trump supporters assaulting BLM protestors - not an excuse.

No excuse for it. They were wrong. She was not.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Agree.

Agree.

Her sign was not "designed to poke". It said "I <3 OPD". If support for a local police department incenses someone to an animalistic rage, the responsibility for that reaction lies solely upon the reactor who can't control themselves like a human being. Again, not an excuse.

Disagree. Her sign was expressly made with the explicit intent of rawling up the protestors who were protesting an OPD officer shooting someone. There was no other reason for her to be there with that sign at that time.

The fact that there are videos of Proud Boys or Trump supporters assaulting BLM protestors - not an excuse.

And yet you have never posted a criticism of them doing it. Why is that?

Disagree. They were both wrong.

Upvote 0

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian

Everything about this was intended to poke, and knowingly intended to illicit the exact response that it got.

This stunt (and I'll hand it to her, it was a brave one) was all about furthering a narrative, and it absolutely worked a treat. As is evidenced here.

No excuse for it. They were wrong and she played them like a pro.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, I don't think anyone here has said this, did you have any specific sentences in mind?

I don't need a sentence, all she did was disagree...put two and two together.

If she didn't disagree with them, what did she do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian

I was kinda wondering what specifically had led you to this conclusion (in bold)
So if i disagre with someone, it is an intended poke, and I should expect violence towards myself? That seems like exactly what some of you are saying.

Just to keep it from becoming too abstract (doesn't need to be a sentence post# will suffice)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was kinda wondering what specifically had led you to this conclusion (in bold)

Just to keep it from becoming too abstract (doesn't need to be a sentence post# will suffice)

You didn't answer the question.

Ok, if you want to plzy alittle game, and evade the fact she disagreed, that is certianly up to you. Lol Convincing someone of sometnig so obvious is not a battle I choose.

Upvote 0

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian
You didn't answer the question.

Ok, if you want to plzy alittle game, and evade the fact she disagreed, that is certianly up to you. Lol Convincing someone of sometnig so obvious is not a battle I choose.

....just to recap I answered your question posed in #8 with #9 and posed a further question which you proceeded to inform me wasn't necessary for you to answer, and instead posed a further instruction and question #10 which I did indeed ignore.....but ok here goes

She very calmly and intelligently manipulated them, presumably because she disagreed with them and knew it would antagonise them.

There was lots of tension and raised voices, but I didn't see any actual violence in that video, did you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It said "I <3 OPD".

Exactly, no more than a difference of opinion on an issue, at least they got sprayed for their trouble, but I'm sure that was her plan all along when she poked them, I saw her over there plotting the whole
thing. Lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian
Exactly, no more than a difference of opinion, on an issue, at least they got sprayed for their trouble, but I'm sure that was her plan all along when she poked them, I saw her over there plotting the whole
thing. Lol

I think her plan was more likely to get some great footage, the pepper spray was probably just a bonus. She's on twitter btw, if you want to check how she's getting on, she seems quite active.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

and your OP misrepresented the situation...what is your excuse for that?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So are you contending that she is not allowed to express an opposing opinion unmolested? Because she is, under the Constitution. Who cares? Let her stand there with her sign. That is what an adult would do. But unhinged crazies believe they are justified in attacking someone for different beliefs.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So are you contending that she is not allowed to express an opposing opinion unmolested? Because she is, under the Constitution. Who cares? Let her stand there with her sign. That is what an adult would do. But unhinged crazies believe they are justified in attacking someone for different beliefs.

No, that's not what I'm contending.

Of course, you glossed over my very first sentence where I unambiguously stated that I do not condone what happened, but that's par for the course isn't it?

I'm pointing out that though a person may have rights to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do in certain contexts and situations. I'm saying, for instance, that although a racist person might have the right to tell a group of black teenagers how they feel about black people it would not be wise or prudent to do so out on the street. And although technically the black teens would likely be legally in the wrong for physically responding to those comments it's difficult to absolve the racist person of all responsibility and unambiguously label them a victim. Such is the case here.

You have the right to do and say a lot of things out in public. You do NOT have a right to be free of the consequences of exercising those rights unless they are those enumerated in the Constitution and it's the government or someone acting under governmental authority who is doling out those consequences in violation of those rights.

Upvote 0