Teenager Accused of Rape Deserves Leniency Because He's From a 'Good Family,' Judge Says

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Teenager Accused of Rape Deserves Leniency Because He's From a 'Good Family,' Judge Says
The 16-year-old girl was visibly intoxicated, her speech slurred, when a drunk 16-year-old boy sexually assaulted her in a dark basement during an alcohol-fueled pajama party in New Jersey, prosecutors said.

The boy filmed himself penetrating her from behind, her torso exposed, her head hanging down, prosecutors said. He later shared the cellphone video among friends, investigators said, and sent a text that said, “When your first time having sex was rape.”

But a family court judge said it wasn’t rape. Instead, he wondered aloud if it was sexual assault, defining rape as something reserved for an attack at gunpoint by strangers.

I don't think we have to hazard a guess as to why a judge would make such an argument.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
From my own link above:

'[Judge] Troiano also "expressed concern that the prosecutor did not indicate ... that she had explained to Mary and her mother the devastating effect" adult charges would have on G.M.C.'s life, the appeals court ruling said.'

This kid raped her, filmed it, sent the video to his friends, labelled it as rape while sending it, and refused to stop sending in when she asked him not to.

'Have you considered the negative effects these charges could have on your rapist?'

Wow!

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my own link above:

'[Judge] Troiano also "expressed concern that the prosecutor did not indicate ... that she had explained to Mary and her mother the devastating effect" adult charges would have on G.M.C.'s life, the appeals court ruling said.'

This kid raped her, filmed it, sent the video to his friends, labelled it as rape while sending it, and refused to stop sending in when she asked him not to.

'Have you considered the negative effects these charges could have on your rapist?'

Wow!

My personal opinion he should bear the ramifications of his actions and feel the full weight of the law.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We cannot have the futures of young men from fine upstanding families being derailed by drunk teenaged girls who shouldn’t be out drinking and wearing enticing outfits. America must protect its future leaders and pillars of the community! **

** Paid for by the Midwest Association for Grain Alcohol. “Alcohol: It always has your back.”

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My personal opinion he should bear the ramifications of his actions and feel the full weight of the law.

Well, yeah.

I think the issue is a justice system that believes that children of 'good families' who attend 'good schools' should somehow receive preferable treatment in a trial.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The common folk just need to get it through their thick skulls that being born into privilege and wealth automatically makes you better than the common people and above the laws set to regulate the lower classes.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The common folk just need to get it through their thick skulls that being born into privilege and wealth automatically makes you better than the common people and above the laws set to regulate the lower classes.
images

Upvote 0