Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What - they hate her for expressing alarm about being shsot at school - or that she has short hair and is a teen and is apparently bisexual.
All 4 really. She comes off as "liberal!!!" and so naturally hateable.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
All 4 really. She comes off as "liberal!!!" and so naturally hateable.
OK yea I know she was saying stuff about being worried for her safety at school.....i just dont get the connection between the topic n her hair/sex-life..... how do people there move from talking guns....to hey that girls hair is short n she likes girls - lets get her!!!!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
OK yea I know she was saying stuff about being worried for her safety at school.....i just dont get the connection between the topic n her hair/sex-life..... how do people there move from talking guns....to hey that girls hair is short n she likes girls - lets get her!!!!
Well I'm sure you reject that connection. But I can hardly believe youre shocked by other people making that connection in this day and age of hatred and judgement.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DaveW thought this sort of opinion was particular to politicians because they are "the lowest of the low".

But thats wrong. Lots of non-politicians in the USA think the exact same thing about Emma that this politician does.
I get that. But they are not expressing it in an official way.

Most of the country thought some pretty bad things about us long haired students back 50 years ago as well.

"Long haired commie pinko [by-word for homosexual] "

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 223189

Is it necessary to enter a discussion by trying to kick an opponent to the gutter. In the case of this young woman who was a school student at the Florida High school where a mass shooting occurred; she was reviled for being outspoken in a manner that had no connection to the subject ie gun violence in schools.

How and why is this happening?
Maine candidate calls teen who survived Florida school shooting ‘a skinhead lesbian’

There are two ways to make yourself look superior in the eyes of others. One way is to actually be superior. The other way is to make everyone else look inferior.

One can tell which way a politician chooses to use by the way they talk.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Needless insults are needless. A position of wanting to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms is bad enough to call out on its own.
The more important issue is that people are getting killed in part by the right to bear arms.

Some people seem to think this right needs to be changed. Maybe change the right to a privilege that needs to be earned?

What surprises me is that if these kids were bearing arms and using those arms against the state to protect themselves from the government’s stance on what they are allowed to do they would be applauded (so long as they are are white).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would a Democrat have launched such an attack on this teen?
If she was supporting and espousing right wing racist or fascist ideology - YES.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does she espouse neo-Nazi/white supremacist views? If not, calling her a 'skinhead' is misleading as that is what that term is most usually associated with.
True.

Upvote 0