Teen Abandoned at Birth Now Raises Money to Give Senior Dogs the Love She Found With a Forever Home

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Abandoned in a basket on a college campus in India as an infant, Meena Kumar knows what it’s like to need a little love. That’s why she’s drawn to the pups that are most often overlooked—senior dogs living out their golden years in animal shelters.

Snuggling with four-legged seniors became her passion, and that dedication is helping to support second-chances for dozens of dogs, even after being told she was too young to volunteer.

“More people should adopt senior dogs,” she told CNN. “They give you the same unconditional love as any other dog.”

The 14-year-old’s love for canines began when she was no taller than a Schnauzer.

She spent a year in an Indian orphanage, before being adopted by a couple in Mumbai. As a two-year-old, she lovingly spent hours caring for newborn pups in her family’s apartment.

“My parents were worried about how to keep me amused in a small place,” she told TODAY.“Thankfully, a dog had laid a litter of puppies, and I used to spend hours every day watching and playing with them.”

Continued below.
Teen Abandoned at Birth Now Raises Money to Give Senior Dogs the Love She Found With a Forever Home

• Winner
Reactions: DJWhalen