• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Ted Haggard cured of the gay

Discussion in 'Archived - Ethics & Morality' started by KomissarSteve, Feb 6, 2007.

1. KomissarSteve

KomissarSteve Basileus

+324
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206...BADW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBhZDhxNDFzBHNlYwNtZW5ld3M-

...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Okay. That's about all I have to say to that.

What do you folks think?

That last bit about going into secular work has me snickering, by the way.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MooCar93

MooCar93 Active Member

+26
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Pardon me, but I do believe you mean "teh ghey." ;)

3. UberLutheran

UberLutheran Well-Known Member

+1,590
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Dang. You beat me to it! :wave:

4. DLaurier

DLaurier New Member

+3
    Atheist
    Private
    CA-Others
    Reverend Haggard is as gay as Freddy Mercury or Liberace.
    He needs to appologise for his hypocracy and hate mongering.

5. MooCar93

MooCar93 Active Member

+26
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I always preferred the analogy presented on The Golden Girls - "the man's as gay as a picnic basket."

6. KomissarSteve

KomissarSteve Basileus

+324
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    To be fair, there's a lot of evidence that Freddie was bi.;)

Shoot, you're right!

Maybe the mods could change that for me?:p

7. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean??

+4,189
    Seeker
    Apologize to the gay, i.e. himself?

8. christalee4

christalee4 Senior Veteran

+311
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I am sure that the inner Ted Haggard is retreating back into his dark, inner self. When one hates oneself, one can only put on the happy face to the rest of the world, and float down the river of de Nile.

9. chalice_thunder

chalice_thunder Senior Veteran

+410
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Democrat
    He is twirlier than a party dress!

10. shye

shye Veteran

+75
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    lol I don't think someone could change their sexual preference. but hey if you want to lie to yourself go ahead

11. Arnold_Philips

Arnold_Philips what

+440
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I don't think we should underestimate the potency and fast-action of Dobson's Own "Homo-Rid" and "Gay-B-Gon" products.

12. christalee4

+311
    Married
    US-Democrat
    It's amazing how quickly Mr. Haggard got his homosexuality out of his system. It was there, now it's gone. A very good cleansing.

13. chalice_thunder

chalice_thunder Senior Veteran

+410
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Can you see the commercial?

Richard Simmons walks on the set and sez:

"Teddy, Teddy, Teddy - how did you DO it?"

Ted: "Oh honey it was eeeeeeasy! Just one spritz of gay-b-gone and *poof* I was cured! It was

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bulous!

14. HannahBanana

HannahBanana Well-Known Member

+414
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    LOL! :D

15. christalee4

+311
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No doubt Mr.Haggard is going to jump on the gay-cure bandwagon and try to re-forge his fallen career in that direction. He will sponsor cure programs and help to encourage other suffering gay people that yes, there is hope, that one day they might be "normal" like him. In other words, much more adept at hiding.

16. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,383
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    His website said they were colonic irrigations. Is that true?

In any case, if The Reverend Haggard does try to get his doctorate in psychology, I'm going to guess that in about 5 years he'll be leading "The Parade".

17. uberd00b

uberd00b The Emperor has no clothes.

+221
    Taoist
    Single
    I actually feel quite sorry for the guy. Or indeed anyone who has this conflict between what they feel they must believe, or how they must be, and how they actually are.
    I think such a belief could only cause harm and internal disharmony, and I see it a lot in quite a few christians, over a range of issues, in the christians only sections.
    But then I'm misguided enough to consider this sort of Christianity unhealthy, so what would I know.

18. Arnold_Philips

Arnold_Philips what

+440
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    "poof I was cured" is right ;)

19. theeyesoftammyfaye

theeyesoftammyfaye no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor

+211
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    well now that he's not gay any longer, can i have his collection of pumps and short shorts?

20. JGG

JGG Well-Known Member

+2,041
    Seeker
    Private
    That was quick. Oh, I bet he had the surgery. Y'know, got it stapled.